CDText

Gat_Decor

Fledgling Freddie
Not sure if this is the correct forum (please feel free to move it if it's not the right one) but anyway....

I've been trying to get CDText working on some compilations I've been burning with no success.

At first i thought it might be the CD writer im using not able to write CDText (a Liteon LDW541s) so i used another writer (Asus CRW-5224A) which, according to it's spec's supports CDText writing.

I'm also using CDRcue to write the .cue files and CDRWin to create the (CDText) .cdt file.

Everything seems to work fine, using the .cue file to burn the CD but when i come to check on my Car CD player (which supports CDText as i have other discs (not written by me) which displays text) i get 'No Name' Displayed

Anyone have any experience with CDText and could give me a few pointers?

Trem

Not as old as he claims to be!
Is it so you can read the titles etc on a cd player/car stereo?

If so get a program called Tag & Rename, that should do the trick.

Edited to say - use Nero for the love of god, can't believe CDRwin is still being used.

If you cant find it give me a PM and I will help you out.

Gat_Decor

Fledgling Freddie
Trem said:
Is it so you can read the titles etc on a cd player/car stereo?

If so get a program called Tag & Rename, that should do the trick.

Edited to say - use Nero for the love of god, can't believe CDRwin is still being used.

If you cant find it give me a PM and I will help you out.

I used CDRwin for the .cdt file i was just googling cdtext stuff and it recommended that program.

I do use Nero but it hasn't worked for me so far, maybe because my current drive doesn't support it, I'll have to try Nero on my old Writer.

Trem

Not as old as he claims to be!
Its a program mate, its the program that needs to support the drive not the other way around.

I would be very surprised if Nero does not support either of your drives.

If you get a file and you want to burn with Nero just right click it then select 'open with' then choose Nero.

Gat_Decor

Fledgling Freddie
Thanks for the replies Trem but a quick look in the Nero help file says this

CD-Text cannot be written to a CD unless this function is supported by the CD recorder you are using and the disc is written in the 'Disc-at-once' mode. A CD can always be written in 'Disc-at-once' mode is the audio files are on a hard drive. The use of 'Disc-at-once' for compilations of Audio CDs depends on the selected strategy. You will find full details about this topic in the chapter 'Dragging & dropping audio tracks'.

I also see from checking in Nero that my DVDCDRW supports CDText so im stumped, guess it's just 'waste a few more cd's' trying to get it to work

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom