cd problem - can't see in my computer

Tom

I am a FH squatter
For some odd reason my CD drives aren't appearing in 'my computer'

The computer detects them both (one is a USB device, turn it on and off and it makes the duh-deh and deh-duh sounds in recognition). It puts them in the device manager, albeit with black exlamation marks in yellow circles. Uninstalling them does nothing.

The error is:

windows said:
Windows successfully loaded the device driver for this hardware but cannot find the hardware device. (Code 41)

Click Troubleshoot to start the troubleshooter for this device.

As you can guess the troubleshooter is worthless.

It started a few days ago, I turned on the USB drive to burn something, and Easy CD Creator started wanting to install something. So I removed it and the problem went away, along with the drives. I had Alcohol120% running with no problems, I've removed that. I've removed Nero. I've used 'System Mechanic 6' to clean everything up, to no avail.

The drives aren't playing ball. Can anyone recommend any solutions? I can't reload the bundled software as it comes on discs, and I suspect that wouldn't work anyway. Something is b0rked and is blocking those drives from appearing.

Tom

I am a FH squatter
oops nm, I chanced a google search on code 41 and it found the problem. A dodgy registry key or two to delete, and they're back :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom