Causes of Dyvets death?

Cadelin

Resident Freddy
Well, losing by any competitive group, gives you the opportunity to just go back at it and play better, improve group-play, positioning, blah blah blah. Nothing's undefeatable. Losing to a zerg where the ratio is ... ahum.... well, there's nothing that can be done there (there used to be a zerg farming era but that was when most of the people had shite resists stats armour etc)

Utter rubbish. If you are running in some PuG there are many occasions when you won't stand a chance with even numbers against a good set group. However its perfectly possible for that same group to fight a zerg. Obviously you can't farm the entire zerg but its possible to hit and run.

illu

Part of the furniture
FH is good to let out frustration :>
The game is still going, still interesting, and there seem to be quite a few people about at the moment in RvR.
All FH is, is a release for people to vent their opinions on the game and people have lots of opinions.

Play the game if you want to play the game and ignore any ranting here. Things are the same as always, mids hate albs and mostly like hibs. Albs and Mids like the occasional zerg. Hibs come out every now and then to play.

Lots of git archers about at the moment.

That's it.

Come play if you want to join in :)

Oli - Illu

Gear

Can't get enough of FH
Utter rubbish. If you are running in some PuG there are many occasions when you won't stand a chance with even numbers against a good set group. However its perfectly possible for that same group to fight a zerg. Obviously you can't farm the entire zerg but its possible to hit and run.

Of course you don't stand a chance if you're in a pug and you meet a competitive group. Hello!!!!

edit: depends on the pug of course but i'm thinking that you're talking about roglord pug, which yes, shouldn't stand a chance. If you want to, you're becoming one as well.

Lorimez Shadowblade

Fledgling Freddie
It's ashame but the server probably will never be what it once was. Players evolved as did the game and somewhere in all this people wanted different things from the game. ToA added unneccessary trouble with the amount of time spent on ML's and artis. By that stage most people wanted rvr.

WoW certainly had an impact. All I hope is that some of the lessons will be learn't from what happened to this server and wont plague Warhammer. Think that'll be the final nail in the coffin.

All we can but hope for is so fun before we all jump off the "Titanic" :england:

/bow

Cadelin

Resident Freddy
Of course you don't stand a chance if you're in a pug and you meet a competitive group. Hello!!!!

edit: depends on the pug of course but i'm thinking that you're talking about roglord pug, which yes, shouldn't stand a chance. If you want to, you're becoming one as well.

You have never run as a 6 or a 7? Or let someone join who is lvl 4x to get them some BP. Or had taken someone who couldn't use vent. Why can't we go out and have fun in RvR with our friends. Red is the enemy and the aim is to kill them before they kill you.

I don't mind if some people that want to "arrange" some fg fights away from all the normal fighting and I can choose to take part if I want. In normal situations kill first ask questions later and I expect the help of my realm mates.

Kinetix

Can't get enough of FH
rabbit fever, followed by an allergic reaction wich caused a cardiac arrest... at least according to Dr. House ...

Cromcruaich

Can't get enough of FH
mythic`s solution was to say `too bad`, GOA went through great effort to find an acceptable solution.

Lol so you actually swallowed that spin?

And you are totally ignoring the secondary but larger problem post crash - people waiting months and months for items to be restored - this was entirely the responsibility of GoA.

The server crash had a big impact on the server no two ways about it, and to say that GoA werent responsible for that has gotta be wrong.

But wont discuss this anymore as enough has already been said.

Everz

FH is my second home
all my friends leaving cause me not to renew.. why bother when my guild is empty and my friends no longer play?

Tuthmes

FH is my second home

And you are totally ignoring the secondary but larger problem post crash - people waiting months and months for items to be restored - this was entirely the responsibility of GoA.

The server crash had a big impact on the server no two ways about it, and to say that GoA werent responsible for that has gotta be wrong.

What he said.

Tallen

Fledgling Freddie
It's ashame but the server probably will never be what it once was. Players evolved as did the game and somewhere in all this people wanted different things from the game. ToA added unneccessary trouble with the amount of time spent on ML's and artis. By that stage most people wanted rvr.

WoW certainly had an impact. All I hope is that some of the lessons will be learn't from what happened to this server and wont plague Warhammer. Think that'll be the final nail in the coffin.

All we can but hope for is so fun before we all jump off the "Titanic" :england:

/bow

Generally agree. Although the problems of ToA were not so much the added pve as the content was actually reasonably good, it was more the greed it bred and the anomosity it seeded in the realms.

Sharkith

Can't get enough of FH

you do realise that Muly was on Excalibur? So what would he know about the database crash anyway?

We lost a lot of good people in that crash people he doesn't even know. But hey he still has to comment.

The opening post was fair enough though people did get very entrenched and still are to some extent. That is certainly not helping things especially since this is the only public face of the server. So tbh I agree with the opening post if it has obvious biases - no different to the rest of us.

The one thing I think you can learn from DAOC is that you ought to avoid games where your going to be told how to play and where the constraints are very large. If the gaming space is not big enough or badly designed (hello new frontiers) and you are unable to express how you wish to play then the MMO is probably not up to it and not worth subscribing to.

We don't klnow yet if WAR will have improved flexibility although it is looking promising. As for DaoC I just cannot be motivated to play it at the moment even if we had some great sport in our PUG a few weeks back.

Sharkith

Cromcruaich

Can't get enough of FH
Generally agree. Although the problems of ToA were not so much the added pve as the content was actually reasonably good, it was more the greed it bred and the anomosity it seeded in the realms.

I dunno, it played to the games weaknesses rather than its strengths. People wanted to rvr, its the best bit of the game, then they bolt this thing on, whose look and feel was totally at odds with the game, and which was actually an essential but vast time sink that you had to do to compete in rvr.

People were just played out at the end of it.

Now its clear that mythic over time have come to realise this. I think toa was responsible for people just getting game weary, but I couldnt say that the situation now would be any different with or without toa.

illu

Part of the furniture
I think that the best part of DAOC is the RvR action. There is no other game that comes close to the thrill of a great tower fight, a 3-way realm fight in a bowl, zergs clashing together and cool 1on1 fights.
ToA is pretty cool, but the mistakes they made they are finally fixing. Most people don't like PvE, so now being able to do ToA with BP Points from RvR is great.
Unfortunately all this has arrived quite late, and they simply do not advertise enough to get new blood into the game.
Maybe new accounts should come with a choice of some of the PvE content already done.
I also think you should have an autolevel option so that your toon takes something like 30 days maximum to get to level 50.

I think the game is far from dead, there is a huge amount to explore, 3 realms to play if you like, crafters to make, RP to make, classes to try, people to kill.
As long as the population stays to a level whereby people can 8v8, zerg sometimes and 1on1 and do everything in between, it's all good.

When Warhammer and other games come along, I just keep on thinking that it is basically more of the same and I can't be bothered learning and building up a small army of toons again to basically do the same stuff again.

The game still has a lot of bugs and fixes needed, but hopefully one day they will sort them out.

Oli - Illu

tierk

Part of the furniture
..... since this is the only public face of the server. So tbh I agree with the opening post if it has obvious biases - no different to the rest of us. Sharkith

This is my point exactly. This is the only forum that i have seen that applies for the entire english server and as such its the natural place that people who have accounts in sleep mode will come and look at. There are plenty of posts i have seen in the last seven months for example from people asking is it worth renewing accounts.

I think we can all agree that the massive decline in the server population was from a lot of factors that have affected the game adversly; age of game, pryd db crash, poor goa service ingame and via rightnow, bad development of the game over a number of patches (imo) amongest others things (TT incident etc etc).

However, having agreed with all of the above reasons stated above people have got to understand that this forum being "the only public face of the server" that constantly seeing one thread after another posted on here with the same general content (you zerg, you suck, you adder etc etc) and the constant whining is keeping away from renewing accounts on here.

Lets just face the fact that people will play in a given way regardless of your thoughts on the matter. They wont conform to your style of play regardless and all this constant whining and moaning about what each person thinks is a shit play style is doing nothing for the population except keeping peeps from coming back.

You will never change Muyle's play style cuz as he has stated over and over this is way he likes to play. Its not illegal, you might not agree and might not like it but thats its you wont change his play style. Just the same as you will never get someone like Gear to change the way he plays the game which i have respect for but this doesnt mean that either his way is the right way or Mulye's way, they both have right to play as they like.

There used to be so many fun posts on Fh of old and then you would get the few random whine posts, that used to be entertaining, now though people cant even post a movie they have taken time to make without some idiot turning it into a epeen size contest.

swords

Can't get enough of FH
somehow this got blown up to epic proportions and people on FH made an unprecedented drama from it with their childish `we have been wronged` show. (hi sollers)

You could argue that what you did there was pretty childish, no?

kirennia

Part of the furniture
>> ...the general way things were dealt with such as the TT incident.

i think GOA and requiel did solve that in a most satisfying way. some people went over a line of just how far you can go with sabotaging your own realm effort, and 2 people got a 5 days suspension, lol.

somehow this got blown up to epic proportions and people on FH made an unprecedented drama from it with their childish `we have been wronged` show. (hi sollers)

it seems you are the one trying to impose a playstyle...

https://forums.freddyshouse.com/att...d1186068403-move-relic-if-u-want-untitled.jpg

There is nothing wrong with lowering a relic keep to level 1 anymore, just when we did it. Don't know why that is but hey, wasn't Requiel an alb himself? ;)

We're happy anyway; one reason stopping me coming back to albion/excal to finish rr10 on my tic is the way everyone bitches at each other, mainly from the forums. Why would people come back from the german servers when they have uninterupted fg ZONES, proper organised zergs that move from towers and off-peak, nice solo action and pretty much enemies in every main zone you go into. Haven't been messaged once about adding; it's always upto the individual whether they want to add or not and things seem more respectful, no bitterness in doing something just to spoil someonelses fun.

Thus Dyvets death can be attributed partly to the community. The other part would be GOAs english relations which were basically non-existant for the most part, then when they did contribute to the community, they screwed it up.

Rigga Mortice

Fledgling Freddie
Muylaetrix said:
You could argue that what you did there was pretty childish, no?

In fact Muy dear boy, I believe it was your post getting all emotional over some pm that set the whole debacle, on FH, off.

Its good to see you are being so adult-like and accepting responsibility for your own actions....

oh wait ;)

tierk

Part of the furniture
We're happy anyway; one reason stopping me coming back to albion/excal to finish rr10 on my tic is the way everyone bitches at each other, mainly from the forums.

My point exactly.

Soulja_IA_

Can't get enough of FH
We're happy anyway; one reason stopping me coming back to albion/excal to finish rr10 on my tic is the way everyone bitches at each other, mainly from the forums.

There is 1 happy solution to that Don't read this Forum simple really or if you do just ignore pratts like Muyl and rest of the you play How we tell you brigade and it all rosey in end.

Don't know why Muyl is trying to dig open about TT again think he sucked enough of Requiels Cock to do what he did now stance by Goa has changed They now seem to have listened to the Majority of this server and not the minority as Requiel did.

At end of day we play game as we see fit if people want to whinge fine they can whinge till they blue in the face all I like to do when I play a game is to have fun and that is precisely what I am doing I still think Dyvet is good although as I posted in others it boring on occasions with everyone clumped around a bridge but if more return people will move.

If there was no FH I think Dyvet would be a more healthier than it is today FH just breeds others to jump on bandwagons like moving to us server or I am off avalon it also gave people like Muyl a place to Post how High and fucking mighty he is being the Zerg leader of Alb.

raid

Can't get enough of FH
I would say too high % of players being those "leet" fairplay people in general. Yeah, someone might say I am one of them, but anyway.

For a casual player, there was no semi-organized groups who would just invite ppl to tag along in bg, etc. Without that, rvr aint much fun unless u have solid grp.

censi

Can't get enough of FH
The FH community is the section of the game that takes the game way way too seriously imo.

FH used to be a good source of info but the RVR section now is almost like a player to player complaint forum, where each side is convinced of nothing else other than his own virtue and the lack of virtue of his opponent....

doesnt seem to be much mutual respect, much positive communication, or generally anything good coming out of the forums....

most posts also seem to be hijacked by the same counterparties who cannot resist throwing digs in at each others play styles.

hi tierk. Im not so sure of the current state of dyvet. before I quit it was pretty dire... been meaning to make a comeback but the longer you dont play the less you can be arsed to come back. my advice is prolly steer clear of the game. GOA really havent helped by a lack of communication about their plans for the server. all the focus is on WAR and daoc (a game which still has lots of potential) has basically been left to rot (at least on dyvet)

Golena

Fledgling Freddie
Gear said:
Well, losing by any competitive group, gives you the opportunity to just go back at it and play better, improve group-play, positioning, blah blah blah. Nothing's undefeatable. Losing to a zerg where the ratio is ... ahum.... well, there's nothing that can be done there (there used to be a zerg farming era but that was when most of the people had shite resists stats armour etc)

You can't say nothing's undefeatable in the same paragraph as "we can't beat a zerg".

For a very large majority of the population beating <insert group here> in a fair fight will always be impossible. I can assure you that it's much easier for you to go find another 8 people to help you kill the zerg than it is for someone to find a group with another 7 competant players who all listen learn and come back better next time, and not just better but much better while hoping that the set group haven't also improved.
It might not be your prefered playstyle but your asking people to divert from theirs to make your game more fun..

I think people that think what's said on these forums has no impact on server population are also kidding themselves. I'd bet there's a very large number of people that have thought about coming back, looked at the endless crap spewed on here and decided that these arn't the people they want to spend their free time playing with.

Manisch Depressiv

Part of the furniture
I'd bet there's a very large number of people that have thought about coming back, looked at the endless crap spewed on here and decided that these arn't the people they want to spend their free time playing with.

:worthy:

Sharkith

Can't get enough of FH

tierk

Part of the furniture
Woot I just looked at that link!! WTF :eek7:

I cannot believe my eyes. Fooking hell. I agree with the guys dropping the keep - was this discussed anywhere else?

I wonder just how much complaining will need to be done before they move the goal posts again. It sad that they cannot even stay consistent on this issue which had caused such a fracas last time round, though Roaken needs to be applauded for sticking his neck out.

Konah

Fledgling Freddie
An overwhelming feeling of being milked expansion after shitty expansion, month after month, for a game that is less and less enjoyable? Too much emphasis on compulsory PVE? Too many hoops to jump through to remain competitive in RvR? Shitty See-Saw game balancing or long waits for imbalance issues to be resolved? etc etc

Plus... anyone who takes a REAL BREAK probably realises they are very happy to get their life back, if they had one to begin with ofc

aika

Can't get enough of FH
Minidk is responsible for dyvet's death.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom