Causes of Dyvets death?

tierk

Part of the furniture
Every time i think about restarting my accounts i just take a quick read of this section of the forum and i am reminded just why it was i closed my accounts on this server.

I know that not everyone that plays this game reads or posts on here but i have to say that anyone thinking about returning to play on this server would more then likely check the forum out and trust me the level of crap that is on here would put anyone off from reloading. All that seems to ever be posted on this forum is whining and complaining or just plain Epeen stroking. Pathetic.

You guys sit and complain the server is dead or dying (i would say dead) and wonder why noone wants to come play on this server anymore. How come the French and German servers are still running healthy populations and this one isnt?. I understand that the game is old and that GoA dont advertise to bring new people but the level of bitching via this forum is imho keeping a lot of people that have sleeping accounts on Dyvet from renewing.

When will you people begin to accept that all this complaining about adding and calling each other names and abusing people for playing the game the way they want to is just more nails in the coffin that is Dyvet. If the designers of the game wanted this game to be a solo style game or 8v8 game or none adding game then surely, after all this time, they would have implemented features that would facilitate this style of playing?

All the people bleating on and on about i am better then you because i dont add or i leave fg action alone, or we dont zerg are again imho just throwing petrol on the fire. Everytime i see someone post on here about respect my fights i am always solo or i never zerg or i never add, i have a flash back of them in the past: grouping or adding or just plain zerging. Now that they have changed there play style the whole world must also change theres so as to fit into their perfect little world??

Strange what a couple of numbers and a title in game can do to peoples ego's. Get a grip and realise that your actions do have a affect on the game you playing and running about ingame calling people names and abusing people because they dont follow YOUR rules will have a detrimental effect on the server as you are all discovering. Also get a grip with all the whining on FH i am sure its keeping many people from renewing again when all they see is the same old mud slinging and slagging off week in week out.

Peace out.

Netcode

Can't get enough of FH
Jesus why have mids been taking the damn beno keep :(
ty for destroying yet another irvr

Penlid

Fledgling Freddie
This game is dead because of elitist nubs like Netcode posting random shizzle :<

saitoh

Loyal Freddie
how about mythic not paying attention to the balance of the game
how about GOA being useless at their job .. we are always 2 patches behind the US
introducing NF was another reason why people stopped playing this game..

stop blaming it all on the community

d@n.dk

One of Freddy's beloved
The game is dead ..? ..

<em> wonders where the hell, i got more than 200k from yesterday, the day before aswell ... etc ? )

Vonwar

One of Freddy's beloved
Tierk,

- Bitching takes place here on Freddy's House.
- Fun takes place ingame.
- Elitists are idiots, ignore them, the more that does, the weaker they are.
- RvR is ok when we have Irvr, from a RP point of view.
- Guilds should help new ppl, so they will stay.
- Newcommers should be loyal to their guild, so the guild is strengthend.

If above is done, Daoc is a better place to be, try to do so, and the more that does, will make more come back and play.

Best regards

Vonwar
Guildmaster of Danish Huscarls (Mid/Pryd - Dyvet).

d@n.dk

One of Freddy's beloved
zergsurfing after rp patch ftw o//

eehm .. Log in game hun ..

Its Zhe mids thats is doing Le Zerging these days .. ( and its fine with me .. Just more rps incomming to the Albs :) )

Hawkwind

FH is my second home
Game has more life in now than has been for months. Action is not bad now in Hadrien's. Zergy at times but can get some decent action on the fringes.

Cromcruaich

Can't get enough of FH
Game has more life in now than has been for months. Action is not bad now in Hadrien's. Zergy at times but can get some decent action on the fringes.

All hail the British summer for saving duvet!

Tesla Monkor

Fledgling Freddie
How come the French and German servers are still running healthy populations and this one isnt?

That's easy. Because they don't have a choice. There aren't many French/German MMORPGs out there, so they stick to the one they have.

aika

Can't get enough of FH
There's a lot of flaming on the german forums as well, dont think it impacts the server population

knighthood

Fledgling Freddie
Jesus why have mids been taking the damn beno keep :(
ty for destroying yet another irvr

indeed m8, and ofc u know as well as me as we talked in housing, they went a few worse and took crau and then the relics... utter arse, while i dont have anything against the people that did it , it was a stupid idea and it really doesnt help the server.

Septina

Part of the furniture
eehm .. Log in game hun ..

Its Zhe mids thats is doing Le Zerging these days .. ( and its fine with me .. Just more rps incomming to the Albs :) )

Mids never zerg, it's the filthy Albs and Hibs ONLY!!111

Biased opinions ftw. :D

Penlid

Fledgling Freddie
As Saitoh has already said its the incompetance of GoA which led to Dyvets death, firstly with the Pryd d/b crash, then all the zerging at cluster and the general way things were dealt with such as the TT incident. Primarily and i don't want to flame on a dying horse, but the way Requiel & his team handled things didnt help one bit, and the arrogance in the posts which he made to handle things just weren't helping.

Overall its a series of unfortunate events, which caused the death on the cluster, as well as the RvR situation being snagged at for wanting a friendly fight with someone as well, the adding etc its RvR not FvF (friend vs friend).

We just need to get on with it, zergs need to make groups and roam, this will bring people back if there is more to kill look what happened when RvR picked up last summer. Several groups from each realm in Agramon very fun nights and even for once looking forward to seeing who we would meet!

Anyways all im trying to say is, that GoA is to blame for half of this, we're to blame for the rest, trying to enforce playstyles on each other and running around in zergs. If you want to keep Dyvet alive, you need to change. There is nothing GoA can do about it really.

aika

Can't get enough of FH
As Saitoh has already said its the incompetance of GoA which led to Dyvets death, firstly with the Pryd d/b crash, then all the zerging at cluster and the general way things were dealt with such as the TT incident. Primarily and i don't want to flame on a dying horse, but the way Requiel & his team handled things didnt help one bit, and the arrogance in the posts which he made to handle things just weren't helping.

Overall its a series of unfortunate events, which caused the death on the cluster, as well as the RvR situation being snagged at for wanting a friendly fight with someone as well, the adding etc its RvR not FvF (friend vs friend).

We just need to get on with it, zergs need to make groups and roam, this will bring people back if there is more to kill look what happened when RvR picked up last summer. Several groups from each realm in Agramon very fun nights and even for once looking forward to seeing who we would meet!

Anyways all im trying to say is, that GoA is to blame for half of this, we're to blame for the rest, trying to enforce playstyles on each other and running around in zergs. If you want to keep Dyvet alive, you need to change. There is nothing GoA can do about it really.

Totally agree, the prydwen db crash had probably the most destroying impact on the server, I know entire guilds that left the game cause of that.

Kinetix

Can't get enough of FH
Mids never zerg, it's the filthy Albs and Hibs ONLY!!111

Biased opinions ftw. :D

I beg to differ!! :D

Taking from your sig...

Sometimes mids will cry for help when they are loosing a fight. nearby friends will come to help making this unexistant zerg that everyone denys :p

Kinetix

Can't get enough of FH
Totally agree, the prydwen db crash had probably the most destroying impact on the server, I know entire guilds that left the game cause of that.

Well the DB crash was one of the best things to me. Got 400p from GOA and almost total items restore.

Muylaetrix

Can't get enough of FH

wow, dunno where to start.

>> ...its the incompetance of GoA which led to Dyvets death, firstly with the Pryd d/b crash,

mythic`s solution was to say `too bad`, GOA went through great effort to find an acceptable solution.

>> ...then all the zerging at cluster

as if the zerging only started with cluster.

>> ...the general way things were dealt with such as the TT incident.

i think GOA and requiel did solve that in a most satisfying way. some people went over a line of just how far you can go with sabotaging your own realm effort, and 2 people got a 5 days suspension, lol.

somehow this got blown up to epic proportions and people on FH made an unprecedented drama from it with their childish `we have been wronged` show. (hi sollers)

it seems you are the one trying to impose a playstyle...

i`m not telling people they should only run in groups or zergs, i am just saying that trying to solo in the middle of irvr might not be smart and will probably attract adds. if you don`t want adds, don`t go to the center of irvr.

you are telling people to stop zerging and only go as fgs. you are the one telling people what to do.

Gear

Can't get enough of FH
What I like about Muyl is that you know what you get.

I know he will add on my fight (well maybe not but most likely yes :p) and I will add on him if I get the chance.

If at some point through this forum I call him an adder, he's not going to get pissed off as he doesn't care about my opinion and why should he anyway since we don't follow the same rules of engagement and expectation out of rvr. i.e. the term "Adder" is nothing offensive to him as this is how the game is funny for him.

The point where I disagree and hope for a meaningfull discussion that might lead to a solution, is that nowadays, in my opinion, this playstyle is not supported with this kind of population. Running around stomping everything on your sight, might lead to not finding anything else to fight after a while.

People don't have to defend their imaginary realms. If they get zerged all the time (I'm not talking just about losing, I'm talking about losing in such a way that's there's nothing you can do about it, i.e. numerical superiority) they will just log off and play something else or do whatever.

More or less, disrespect (from all sides) is what chipped away the population and just got it to this point.

Muylaetrix

Can't get enough of FH
The point where I disagree and hope for a meaningfull discussion that might lead to a solution, is that nowadays, in my opinion, this playstyle is not supported with this kind of population. Running around stomping everything on your sight, might lead to not finding anything else to fight after a while.

i think there is a place and a time for everything really. in the morning, early afternoon and late at night, one can have very nice soloing (i like to take my necro out then, and it play it as a tank mostly in 1 vs 1, just melee, damage shield and HoT). at 10 PM, between beno and berk, if there is irvr, adds WILL happen most of the time.

i don`t stomp just anything in sight, every time. sometimes i can be rather selective in what i attack and don`t attack.

makes me think about the time we went with a fg to crau, found a huge duelling circle and killed all the hibs (who could be back and buffed in less than a minute) and let the mids run away.

makes me think of the times i run around with my necro and after 2 hours i still haven`t killed something because i only run into mellee type things that surender as soon as they see me and groups who kill me on sight... i don`t complain.

i can be rather selective, but with my background and history, noone will ever notice ;)

People don't have to defend their imaginary realms. If they get zerged all the time (I'm not talking just about losing, I'm talking about losing in such a way that's there's nothing you can do about it, i.e. numerical superiority) they will just log off and play something else or do whatever.

what is the difference between loosing with a group to a zerg and losing with a pug from maelstrom (to name but one guild) ? both leave you behind with a feeling of omg, we`ve been raped and no way we could have avoided it.

More or less, disrespect (from all sides) is what chipped away the population and just got it to this point.

how do you disrespect someone the most, by killing his character or by sending him verbal abuse ?

Bonehead

Fledgling Freddie
Dyvets death? I havn't seen so many people online at the same time for ages...

To me it looks like we're growing in population again :worthy:

Swed

Fledgling Freddie
i think there is a place and a time for everything really. in the morning, early afternoon and late at night, one can have very nice soloing (i like to take my necro out then, and it play it as a tank mostly in 1 vs 1, just melee, damage shield and HoT). at 10 PM, between beno and berk, if there is irvr, adds WILL happen most of the time.

i don`t stomp just anything in sight, every time. sometimes i can be rather selective in what i attack and don`t attack.

makes me think about the time we went with a fg to crau, found a huge duelling circle and killed all the hibs (who could be back and buffed in less than a minute) and let the mids run away.

makes me think of the times i run around with my necro and after 2 hours i still haven`t killed something because i only run into mellee type things that surender as soon as they see me and groups who kill me on sight... i don`t complain.

i can be rather selective, but with my background and history, noone will ever notice ;)

what is the difference between loosing with a group to a zerg and losing with a pug from maelstrom (to name but one guild) ? both leave you behind with a feeling of omg, we`ve been raped and no way we could have avoided it.

how do you disrespect someone the most, by killing his character or by sending him verbal abuse ?

omg.. look whos talking again... one of the worse adder/zerging guy in this clusters history!!

never seen you left Anyone!!! chasing soloers from 1 side of NF to the other side! running in zerg!! well i have seen you few times in just a fg... in albland! your group allways sosed away and hide in tower :p and 5-10 min later you´re back with another group stuck to your ass hahaha... thats funny :p

Gear

Can't get enough of FH

What I said came out wrong. I just used your name to start off the post, the rest were not directed to you.

Well, losing by any competitive group, gives you the opportunity to just go back at it and play better, improve group-play, positioning, blah blah blah. Nothing's undefeatable. Losing to a zerg where the ratio is ... ahum.... well, there's nothing that can be done there (there used to be a zerg farming era but that was when most of the people had shite resists stats armour etc)

Killing the character has nothing to do with it. It's respect towards a playstyle where people have the opportunity to either respect it, or fuck it up. And I did say from both sides. Verbal abuse in the type of /t <insert name> FFS UBERSHIT NOOB, GET YOUR OWN FUCKEN ENEMIES YOU PIECE OF WORTHLESS SHIT included ;)

Muylaetrix

Can't get enough of FH
yeah swed, sure, and half of the people on FH don`t even bother to read posts but just react on the writer like a bull on a piece of red cloth they swing in front of his nose.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom