Catacombs task instances too hard?

Airmid

Fledgling Freddie
I've just come back to Daoc after a period in WoW, and started levelling up some new chars in Catacombs. We have a level 26 healer (pac) and a 25 runemaster (RC) and spiritmaster (dark). However we're finding the task instances REALLY hard work - the mobs are always red-con to us and adjusted to level 30. Why are they so much higher than we can reasonably handle? We empty almost entire power bars on killing each mob because of the resist rates.

Is there any way of getting mobs closer to our level, or is this just how it is?

Darzil

Fledgling Freddie
My advice would be to try the instance dungeons rather than the task ones. The task ones I have found very tricky with more than 2 characters in them, especially with casters, because of resists.

Some of the instance dungeons are far more caster friendly (though I don't really know the Midguard ones), so may be worth a try. Though they scale, you'd only be hitting reds at the end of the instance, and probably yellows at the start.

Thus far I use Task Dungeons mainly for solo/duo, and go elsewhere in larger groups.

Darzil

Cirandi

One of Freddy's beloved
The task instances are meant to be done solo or possibly duo. If you have more ppl the proper instance dungeons will be better for you. Lower con and you also get aurulite to upgrade your armour/jewels and possibly drops from the boss if you can take him.

Vell

Fledgling Freddie
If you had a tank you would find the task instances quite easy, but unfortunately you don't. A lot of the new catacombs areas rely on you having a 'traditional balanced' group - tank, healer, damage dealer.

rampant

Can't get enough of FH
instanced Dungeons are balanced for 4 or more players. If you are struggling, you can always try a lower level instanced dungeon than the one you are trying to access.

Gear

Can't get enough of FH
Task Dungeons are amazing, however you do need a balanced group. With 3 tanks, 2 pbs, 2 healers and a random class, you will ding so fast you'll have to macro grats.

Yeah yeah i know, no way to find that but still that's how it works.

Hawkwind

FH is my second home
Cirandi said:
The task instances are meant to be done solo or possibly duo. If you have more ppl the proper instance dungeons will be better for you. Lower con and you also get aurulite to upgrade your armour/jewels and possibly drops from the boss if you can take him.

On entering the instance it usually states how it has been been setup. I have been doing the Barrows L50 one solo on a Friar. It states the dungeon is set for 4 x lvl 45 characters. Solo most mobs are blue and yellow con with a few orange towards the end. The main mob (Deliah) is only orange con and easy enough to handle. She does use dots and nukes. Also hits for 300+ occasionally. Aurulite wise it seems to drop around 800-900 per instance.

Duo with a 47 mincer and most mobs are yellow con turning orange after the main mob room. some reds at the end. Main mob is red and I have to keep running out and self healing.

Most stuff the main mob drops is pretty good PvE stuff. The neckie it drops (chocker of dispute) is quite nice with 5 x 6% magic resists.

List of loot:

http://camelot.allakhazam.com/Mobs/search.html?cmob=10011

Cirandi

One of Freddy's beloved
Hawkwind said:
On entering the instance it usually states how it has been been setup. I have been doing the Barrows L50 one solo on a Friar. It states the dungeon is set for 4 x lvl 45 characters. Solo most mobs are blue and yellow con with a few orange towards the end. The main mob (Deliah) is only orange con and easy enough to handle. She does use dots and nukes. Also hits for 300+ occasionally. Aurulite wise it seems to drop around 800-900 per instance.

Duo with a 47 mincer and most mobs are yellow con turning orange after the main mob room. some reds at the end. Main mob is red and I have to keep running out and self healing.

Most stuff the main mob drops is pretty good PvE stuff. The neckie it drops (chocker of dispute) is quite nice with 5 x 6% magic resists.

List of loot:

http://camelot.allakhazam.com/Mobs/search.html?cmob=10011

What i meant was that the task instances never get above 50% instance bonus no matter how many you are. The regular instances gives you more and more bonus the more ppl you are in them capping at like 120% bonus to xp or something like that for a full group. So if you have a bunch of ppl it's better to do regular dungeons because they'll be better xp.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom