Catacombs Release!

Mistlin

Fledgling Freddie
Umm...sorry to be the bearer of bad news....but i've just spoken to Play.com and they are still sticking to 1 April as the release date...any more info Requiel?

Tilda

Mistlin said:
Umm...sorry to be the bearer of bad news....but i've just spoken to Play.com and they are still sticking to 1 April as the release date...any more info Requiel?
Read what his post said. The "release date" is 1st of april, however, the companies will get stock, and ship it before that...

Mistlin

Fledgling Freddie
Perhaps I wasn't clear....when I spoke to Play.com, they said they won't be shipping it until 1 Apr.

quistis

Fledgling Freddie
Just spoke to play.com and they said even if they get the stock in they would not be shipping until April 1st, as this is the release date. They have no recollection of any deal being done that as soon as the stock comes in it will be released.
Therefore as far as i see it UK players will have to wait a week which in my eyes is unacceptable..

Funkdocta

Fledgling Freddie
Mistlin said:
Perhaps I wasn't clear....when I spoke to Play.com, they said they won't be shipping it until 1 Apr.

Are they having a laugh? Not shipping till 1 whole week after release? Bit strange for Play that, they usually ship a day before release. Think ill email them and tell to cancel my order (3 copies) if they aint gonna ship them on the 25th which is the UK release date.

Awarkle

Fledgling Freddie
aye i spoke to amazon and they are denying all knowledge as well, even after explaining to them that i could get them in contact wth someone at goa and pointed them at the relevenat details they still deny knowledge of any shipping date.

O well we will see.

Funkdocta

Fledgling Freddie
Requiel said:
No, as I explained in several threads in General, the release date is still March 25th. Due to problems witha particular very large retailer, the retail release date is 1st April however we are sending stocks to all UK retailers with the exception of Game today. They will be selling it as soon as they recieve stock so if you pre-ordered it from Play.com for example, they will be sending their copies out today or tomorrow in time for the weekend.

Game will be stocking it from the 1st April as they refused to deal with the release in March, as a result we have been forced to give this date as an official retail release date however, in reality the other stores will be selling it as soon as they get stock - which will be from today.

Mostly this is the same as I posted in this thread.

I am very pleased that goa have taken some action to try help the UK players, its nice to know you care ;)

I just really hope play.com and other retailers dispatch them today or tomorrow, I dont want to be playing catch up with my guildies :(

Mistlin

Fledgling Freddie
At this time, my order with Play.com is still showing as "Pre-ordered" - not "Shipping" or even "Packing".

Not looking good for this weekend imo :(

Funkdocta

Fledgling Freddie
Mistlin said:
At this time, my order with Play.com is still showing as "Pre-ordered" - not "Shipping" or even "Packing".

Not looking good for this weekend imo :(

Ive got a feeling it wont ship tomorrow anyway with it being a bank holday (good friday).

Maybe monday?

rampant

Can't get enough of FH
just spoke to gamestation in Uxbridge - they too do not have stock and are quoting a 1st April..

RS|Phil

Can't get enough of FH
Sadly it's true. No one in the UK is going to be able to play Catacombs over the bank holiday weekend. Play aren't shipping it till the 1st now, just spoken with them myself. Unlike most I've remained patient but this has to be the biggest fuck up of a game release since Elite 2 :D

Funkdocta

Fledgling Freddie
RS|Phil said:
Sadly it's true. No one in the UK is going to be able to play Catacombs over the bank holiday weekend. Play aren't shipping it till the 1st now, just spoken with them myself. Unlike most I've remained patient but this has to be the biggest fuck up of a game release since Elite 2 :D

I just got an email from Play.com stating that the website only reflects the infomation from the releasing publisher.

Dear ****,

Thank you for your email.

The information regarding product specifications comes directly from the releasing supplier. Whilst we strive to keep our website as up to date as possible, we are unable to provide any further details than those specified.

We are very sorry that we could not be of further help on this occasion.

Kind regards,

Email Support Team

Play

As has been stated by goa in this thread, goa have given a release date as 1st April due to GAME being assholes. But that does not mean that goa are not supplying the other retailers sooner.

So from this I deduce that if goa get their supply to Play.com today then fingers crossed they may ship tomorrow. We can only wait and hope.

RS|Phil

Can't get enough of FH
Funkdocta said:
As has been stated by goa in this thread, goa have given a release date as 1st April due to GAME being assholes. But that does not mean that goa are not supplying the other retailers sooner.

So from this I deduce that if goa get their supply to Play.com today then fingers crossed they may ship tomorrow. We can only wait and hope.

Aye, that's true according to previous information. But it's still gonna the 29th at the very earliest, and more likely the 30th (taking into account the double bank hol). And if what the bod ob the phone told me is true it'll be next Friday for most or all people.

As I said, I'm patient. It takes as long as it takes and aside from making snide observations we're all impotent to do anything about it anyway.

Donledirse

Fledgling Freddie
Well my order from play hasn't shipped either, still stating April 1st to be shipped (prob mean 2nd or 3rd to actually get it)

Have fun playing cata all the non uk people, i'll sit and and watch you try out vamps and banshees being jealous :clap:

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom