Catacombs Release Date [Here]

Downanael

Fledgling Freddie
Banshees overpowered? just 286 pulsing pbaoe chant and pbaoe root what can't be interrupted :p Sounds like melee charater nightmare

Flimgoblin

It's my birthday today!
Downanael said:
Banshees overpowered? just 286 pulsing pbaoe chant and pbaoe root what can't be interrupted :p Sounds like melee charater nightmare

chant drops if they move though... so not quite as nasty as it sounds at first :) but very nasty combined with a bodyguard (since you can't interrupt it with charges/shouts/whatever once it's up and running and they're not going to be moving anyway)

powerleak I think is your only option there.

Adoctor

Fledgling Freddie
JUST SO PEOPLE KNOW

"Game" (ie the old Electronics Boutique) WILL be open on good friday in the UK.

Brunore

Fledgling Freddie
Ovi1 said:
Not just any Friday, but GOOD Friday...

If they haven't got distribution sorted and lots of copies in the shops then there won't be many people from the UK playing catacombs until Tuesday :clap:

Heh, the whine threads are inc already!!!!

RS|Phil

Can't get enough of FH
I aren't fussed that I'll have to wait..nothing anyone can do about that. I can imagine it'll be a bit disappointing for peopel that have ordered it from amazon and play though (I have myself) that want it super fast.

As far as I know they can't even dispatch it to you till the official release date, so Friday, but the online companies will be either not sending as many or any on a bank holiday, and there's certainly no post, and then no Saturday service for online companies, so it'll be dispatched Monday at the earliest, to arrive midweek or the end of that week.

So if you've ordered it from Play.. like me many have as it's cheaper... then you won't be playing till the following weekend most likely. :) :worthy:

Jeriraa

Fledgling Freddie
The game still isnt listed at amazon.de nor have I found it on any of the other online portals I use in Germany. Wonder what they are doing.

Javai

Fledgling Freddie
In previous years new game releases due out on Good Friday have appeared on shelves on the Thursday - in fact the trend to move 'big' releases off Friday's to get more publicity has been increasing (but I've forgotten which big release this happened with recently, might've been HL2). It's purely a convention and not a legal requirement and CAN be varied by game publishers if they so wish (in the same way Disney now release DVDs on Friday's when its been traditionally a Monday thing),

My experience with Gameplay is that if you pre-order with first class post you generally recieve the item on the Thursday, similarly play.com ship when they get the stock.

People complaining about waiting 4 days seem to be forgetting that Saturday is a normal business day for shops (and in fact Good Friday and Easter Monday will be some of the busiest days in shopping malls) and I think also for mail deliveries.

All that said for ToA gameplay didn't get stock on release day, games on-line site didn't post my order out because I ordered more than 3 copies and the local shops didn't even get in enough copies to cover what I wanted heaven help anyone else in my town who wanted a copy (not to mention PC world reserving a copy of Disneys Atlantis Playstation game at the wrong store). But I have seen DaoC packs for sale in local stores (even listed as 'chart' in one!) so maybe the distribution in the UK is getting better.

RS|Phil

Can't get enough of FH
Javai said:
My experience with Gameplay is that if you pre-order with first class post you generally recieve the item on the Thursday, similarly play.com ship when they get the stock. .

I've had this too but I found that online stores don't operate on Saturday's and I don't think they work bank hols. So with it being a Bank hol then a Saturday I reckon it'll be arriving the following week near the second half.

LawBringer

Fledgling Freddie
Danamyr said:
Only muppets want the Euro TBH :D

Look at the strength of the Euro v Sterling at the mo, thats why we don't want it yet. Look at $ v Sterling - woot I'm off to the US :D

York

Fledgling Freddie
Why would you think that the shops will be closed on a bank holiday? I dont know about you lot but my family go shopping on a bank holiday because the shops see it as an additional saturday, the most profitable day of the week.

Think about it, its a friday .. the day most people get paid!

It happens all the time, companies start advertising .. 'open this bank holiday'!! Were not in the 80's anymore, capitalism rules ok!
For anyone that works in the commercial sector .. have you been badgered by your boss to work bank holiday yet? Getting double pay? i mean come on, there are loads of shops open on bank holidays, including the game shops. The only day the country shuts down is xmas day .. look at last boxing day (bank holiday btw) the shops couldnt wait to open and start those sales.

Your worrying over nothing
(that statement doesnt apply to internet shopping, they choose thier own hours and of course i agree with the fact we dont get any post on bank holidays but jees go outside and down the shops (they want you too).

Raven

Happy Shopper Ray Mears
FH Subscriber
Requiel said:
British stores will get it on the same day as continental stores however there's an arrangement between retailers that they will issue new releases on Fridays as it gives them the maximum sale time before weekly charts are released. Nothing we can do about that unfortunately

heh, funny how gran turismo got released yesterday (wednesday) and most other games get released on any day.

When SI came out, game wanted to sell it on the thursday, they had to get confirmation from you that they could.

Flimgoblin

It's my birthday today!
Raven said:
heh, funny how gran turismo got released yesterday (wednesday) and most other games get released on any day.

When SI came out, game wanted to sell it on the thursday, they had to get confirmation from you that they could.

it's all a big conspiracy theory - they don't actually want you to buy the game that's why they've threatened every game shop in the UK with suicide bombings if they sell it before the friday.

:rolleyes:

and change yer avatar, its fecking well March.

Raven

Happy Shopper Ray Mears
FH Subscriber
thats not what i said now is it, what i am getting at is they set the release date, they just didnt bother doing any research beforehand.

And i cba to change my avater, it saves time next christmas!

Animal

Fledgling Freddie
Baybaen said:
Phoned www.play.com and www.gameplay.co.uk today and both companies insist the release date for catacombs is April 15th even though i stated that GOA have set an official release date.

I contacted play.com as well through email , got the response that the release date is what they have been told by the supplier for the game .

Think maybe GOA need to start giving their suppliers a few slaps :p

RS|Phil

Can't get enough of FH
Animal said:
I contacted play.com as well through email , got the response that the release date is what they have been told by the supplier for the game .

Think maybe GOA need to start giving their suppliers a few slaps :p

UK? Did they say whether they'd send it out Thursday to get delivered Saturday or just say tough bollocks you'll get it the next week sometime?

Animal

Fledgling Freddie
RS|Phil said:
UK? Did they say whether they'd send it out Thursday to get delivered Saturday or just say tough bollocks you'll get it the next week sometime?

Well , atm they'll be sending it in April if you order as they're still showing 15/04/05 for the expansion .
Even pointed out to them that 15/04 is for the box set and 25/4 is for the expansion only , as well as pointing them to the GOA website .
But they still insist its 15/04 as thats what the supplier told them it was :/

Flimgoblin

It's my birthday today!
gervaise said:
You mean the banshee yes?

nah the warlock

though the bainshee has a fun stacking ability that's turning out to be pretty hideously cheesy ;) but I imagine it'll get fixed soon enough (along with the warlock)

Shike

Can't get enough of FH
Flimgoblin said:
nah the warlock

though the bainshee has a fun stacking ability that's turning out to be pretty hideously cheesy ;) but I imagine it'll get fixed soon enough (along with the warlock)

bainshee+croc ring+300 abla that absorbs magic damage aswell for everyone? :) sounds like great fun for the enemy ;)

Flimgoblin

It's my birthday today!
Shike said:
bainshee+croc ring+300 abla that absorbs magic damage aswell for everyone? :) sounds like great fun for the enemy ;)

that's the one - now have 4 bainshee with that ;)

Shike

Can't get enough of FH
Flimgoblin said:
that's the one - now have 4 bainshee with that ;)

sounds as fun as the highest delved nuke in the game and also aoenuke, or, how about aoebolts with no falloffdamage, or just instapbaeroot, or.. or.. or..

Glad i dont play caster anymore, id scream and ask; WHY IN HELL DID YOU MAKE A TOON 10 TIMES BETTER THAN THE ONE I HAVE!?!?!?!?!

or something like that :p there is like, no reason to play anything else than bainshee as caster :) Only thing they lack is a real nearsight, give em a real one and just delete all other casters imo :)

funniest thing is that their 223DD take less power than elds 209DD, explain that for me please ^^ (it has higher lvl aswell hence less resists ^^)

haarewin

Fledgling Freddie
York said:
Why would you think that the shops will be closed on a bank holiday? I dont know about you lot but my family go shopping on a bank holiday because the shops see it as an additional saturday, the most profitable day of the week.

easter sunday most shops are shut for 'easter'.

Think about it, its a friday .. the day most people get paid!

not on a bank holiday they wont.

It happens all the time, companies start advertising .. 'open this bank holiday'!! Were not in the 80's anymore, capitalism rules ok!
For anyone that works in the commercial sector .. have you been badgered by your boss to work bank holiday yet? Getting double pay? i mean come on, there are loads of shops open on bank holidays, including the game shops. The only day the country shuts down is xmas day .. look at last boxing day (bank holiday btw) the shops couldnt wait to open and start those sales.

read up: i have to make up my hours for sunday on the day after. will get double pay for it. pretty much every shop will be closed on easter sunday. the country effectively closes down on easter sunday (and christmas day), except for pubs and some restaurants, which make a roaring trade still. agree about the boxing day thing, i was meant to work that day anyway but bitched and complained for months so that i wouldn't have to.

Your worrying over nothing
(that statement doesnt apply to internet shopping, they choose thier own hours and of course i agree with the fact we dont get any post on bank holidays but jees go outside and down the shops (they want you too).

true. i'll be going into town to buy it anyway, i cba dealing with an online company for pre-ordering an expansion, after the last 2 times at least. unless there is no other option ;)

York

Fledgling Freddie
haarewin said:
easter sunday most shops are shut for 'easter'.

not on a bank holiday they wont.

read up: i have to <a style='text-decoration: none; border-bottom: 3px double;' href="http://www.serverlogic3.com/lm/rtl3.asp?si=24&k=make%20up" onmouseover="window.status='make up'; return true;" onmouseout="window.status=''; return true;">make up</a> my hours for sunday on the day after. will get double pay for it. pretty much every shop will be closed on easter sunday. the country effectively closes down on easter sunday (and christmas day), except for pubs and some restaurants, which make a roaring trade still. agree about the boxing day thing, i was meant to work that day anyway but bitched and complained for months so that i wouldn't have to.

true. i'll be going into town to buy it anyway, i cba dealing with an online company for pre-ordering an expansion, after the last 2 times at least. unless there is no other option ;)

Hi :)
i was refering to friday, i expect alot of shops will be open on good friday. and your right most people will get paid on the thursday.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom