Catacombs Release Date [Here]

GimmlyTheDorf

Banned
Joined
Jan 22, 2005
Messages
665
Goa have just announced in the friday news the release date to be March 24th I find this quite gutting tbh as they said it be befor winter. Winter realy ends at the start of march so good job there on time and they tell us a release date of a offical expension 1 month befor hand ?. Isnt that a bit late and I see the GM that posted in 1 of the release date threads about gameplay.co.uk etc being crap that goa hasnt told any1 when the release date is is full of shit. You think them gameing websites quessed it ?.

Friday news - http://daoc.goa.com/news/view_news.php3?id_article=2958
 

semanon

Fledgling Freddie
Joined
Feb 27, 2004
Messages
268
lol I have to laugh. Once again the British are screwed over. Traditional to release games on Friday...what a load of bollox. They could very easily release it on the Thursday. Do they think we are that gullable?
 

Shadoo

Fledgling Freddie
Joined
Mar 15, 2004
Messages
144
as the other guy said stop moaning, this happenes all the time! moan moan moan
 

Ovi1

Fledgling Freddie
Joined
Apr 26, 2004
Messages
188
semanon said:
lol I have to laugh. Once again the British are screwed over. Traditional to release games on Friday...what a load of bollox. They could very easily release it on the Thursday. Do they think we are that gullable?

Not just any Friday, but GOOD Friday...

If they haven't got distribution sorted and lots of copies in the shops then there won't be many people from the UK playing catacombs until Tuesday :clap:
 

Flimgoblin

It's my birthday today!
Joined
Dec 24, 2003
Messages
8,324
Omg Ffs We Get It A Day After The French And The Germans I Must Kill Myself Now!!!

bah can't write all in caps anymore ;)

(ok ok so it's a good thing but it sure kills the satire)
 

IainC

English WAR Community Manager
Joined
Apr 21, 2004
Messages
1,862
semanon said:
lol I have to laugh. Once again the British are screwed over. Traditional to release games on Friday...what a load of bollox. They could very easily release it on the Thursday. Do they think we are that gullable?
British stores will get it on the same day as continental stores however there's an arrangement between retailers that they will issue new releases on Fridays as it gives them the maximum sale time before weekly charts are released. Nothing we can do about that unfortunately
 

semanon

Fledgling Freddie
Joined
Feb 27, 2004
Messages
268
Requiel said:
British stores will get it on the same day as continental stores however there's an arrangement between retailers that they will issue new releases on Fridays as it gives them the maximum sale time before weekly charts are released. Nothing we can do about that unfortunately
You guys do realize the release date is Good Friday in the UK, which is bank holiday!
 

Otho

One of Freddy's beloved
Joined
Dec 23, 2003
Messages
335
GimmlyTheDorf said:
Winter realy ends at the start of march
Says who? It is clear that you do not live in Sweden, Norway or Finland. March is a really good winter month. May is when the spring starts :cheers:
 

Arkian

Fledgling Freddie
Joined
Jan 7, 2004
Messages
372
Semanon is correct Friday 25th March is a public holiday in the UK and the majority of stores will not be open.

Could you clarify Requiel with the UK distributers when the game will be available to buy in a UK shop?
 

GReaper

Resident Freddy
Joined
Dec 22, 2003
Messages
1,979
If its similar to the Tribes 2 release (was on a bank holiday Friday), then hopefully it should be a Thursday.

Can't believe that this issue wasn't checked beforehand. :p
 

Icebreaker

Fledgling Freddie
Joined
Dec 23, 2003
Messages
1,294
semanon said:
lol I have to laugh. Once again the British are screwed over. Traditional to release games on Friday...what a load of bollox. They could very easily release it on the Thursday. Do they think we are that gullable?

Tjo Tjo the British. They don't want the Euro. They set their traditional to release games on Friday. And now teh whine because the Rest of Europe gets it earlier?

hihi

j/k
 

GimmlyTheDorf

Banned
Joined
Jan 22, 2005
Messages
665
Otho said:
Says who? It is clear that you do not live in Sweden, Norway or Finland. March is a really good winter month. May is when the spring starts :cheers:
So its euro but its mostly for the British,Germen,French its a english server they gms said UK so why would they condiser them on the release date ? When they said befor winter they ment in the UK
 

Ctuchik

FH is my second home
Joined
Dec 23, 2003
Messages
10,449
GimmlyTheDorf said:
So its euro but its mostly for the British,Germen,French its a english server they gms said UK so why would they condiser them on the release date ? When they said befor winter they ment in the UK

yes riiiight, lets have the entire europe release date pushed a week coz one contry have a holiday then.. im not sure if i should cry at your stupidity or laugh at your arrogance.. yes they said UK. NO they did NOT ONLY mean brittain! yeah ok, u have to wait a whooping 24 hours to get the game then the rest of the europe.


and yes we WOULD have to wait a entire week, why? coz UK refuses to release a game other then on fridays..... so what would u rather do? wait 24 hours or a fucking week?
 

semanon

Fledgling Freddie
Joined
Feb 27, 2004
Messages
268
Ctuchik If cata is released on the Friday, most UK players wil not receive the game until the following Tuesday. Fri 25 Mar 05 and Mon 28 Mar 05 are both public holidays in the UK.
 

Daedalus

Can't get enough of FH
Joined
Feb 1, 2004
Messages
1,166
Funny that people want it so badly.. must be a good sign.
 

Adoctor

Fledgling Freddie
Joined
Jan 12, 2004
Messages
464
u got to realise that most shops will probably be open on good friday.

offices and banks will be closed
 

Hawkwind

I am a FH squatter
Joined
Jul 5, 2004
Messages
7,541
GReaper said:
If its similar to the Tribes 2 release (was on a bank holiday Friday), then hopefully it should be a Thursday.

Can't believe that this issue wasn't checked beforehand. :p
Their French what do you expect! ;)
 

semanon

Fledgling Freddie
Joined
Feb 27, 2004
Messages
268
Adoctor said:
u got to realise that most shops will probably be open on good friday.

offices and banks will be closed
Some will be and some won't, post will defo not be delivered on Friday or Monday. So those who order via Amazon and Gameplay will not receive it till Tuesday.

Anyway they release the game in the UK with the HOPE that the shops open? It smacks of GOA not doing their homeowrk tbh.
 

Helme

FH is my second home
Joined
Mar 29, 2004
Messages
3,161
Was the same shit with ToA, its not GoA's fault UK got some wierd rules..
 

IainC

English WAR Community Manager
Joined
Apr 21, 2004
Messages
1,862
I'll say it again.
The UK stores will be getting it on the same day as the continental shops. We aren't deliberately making the UK wait an additional day. There is an arrangement between UK retailers that they will release new products on Fridays regardless of the official release date which we have no control over. I have no idea how this works when the Friday is a public holiday.

The release date has to be that week for a number of reasons. Partly because we have to co-ordinate with a lot of different companies in a lot of different countries to get stuff on shelves, partly because we aren't going to sit on an expansion which is ready to go when we could be selling it and our players could be enjoying it and partly for technical reasons regarding patching the servers.
 

Kagato

Fledgling Freddie
Joined
Dec 22, 2003
Messages
3,777
yeah, really looking forward to all the idiotically over powered classes it brings. longer it takes to get here the better.
 

Darzil

Fledgling Freddie
Joined
Jan 10, 2004
Messages
2,651
Heh. These whines again. I remember them well from SI and TOA releases.

Turned out that lots of the retailers sold them anyway if you asked, but just didn't stick them out til the Friday. Plenty of the mail order places sent them early too.

Darzil
 

Flimgoblin

It's my birthday today!
Joined
Dec 24, 2003
Messages
8,324
Kagato said:
yeah, really looking forward to all the idiotically over powered classes it brings. longer it takes to get here the better.
only really one that's idiotically overpowered ;)

rest are just normally overpowered :)
 

vintervargen

Banned
Joined
Dec 23, 2003
Messages
2,779
Kagato said:
yeah, really looking forward to all the idiotically over powered classes it brings. longer it takes to get here the better.
the question is if they are made OP to pwn in pvp, or to easier manage the catacombs questing ;)
 

Job

The Carl Pilkington of Freddyshouse
Joined
Dec 22, 2003
Messages
21,652
Hmmm, it would appear the UK retailers have a cozy little setup going.

I would remind them that the internets is a fine tool for fucking that sort of behaviour over.

The same thing ihappened to DVD releases.

OOH if we hold back international release they just import them, or worse still!!!! DOWNLOAD THEM ILLEGALLY ..oops
 

Ctuchik

FH is my second home
Joined
Dec 23, 2003
Messages
10,449
semanon said:
Ctuchik If cata is released on the Friday, most UK players wil not receive the game until the following Tuesday. Fri 25 Mar 05 and Mon 28 Mar 05 are both public holidays in the UK.

yes ok whatever, 4 days then. still better then a full week tho, isnt it? not by much but still better....
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom