Catacombs Questions (Instances)

living

Fledgling Freddie
Hello - still new at this catacombs - So far i've found out there's taskmasters around the old world who sends u to these small instances - great exp but very hard because of the tiny hall ways and high aggro.

I also read about instances inside old dungeons - what do you get by doing those rather than the dungeon? Better drops?

Also people seem to talk about reseting instances and repeatedly killing the Boss inside it - what do you gain from that other than a little exp (seems more trouble than worth the exp)?

And last - do any instances - at all - drop items?

Thank you.

23 Sorc alb/pryd

Naffets

Can't get enough of FH
You get items from the static instances (the ones non task related inside dungeons) You should also get aurulite in those aswell, task instances you gain a bonus in xp for completing the task.

Thats about it really

living

Fledgling Freddie
Naffets said:
You get items from the static instances (the ones non task related inside dungeons) You should also get aurulite in those aswell, task instances you gain a bonus in xp for completing the task.

Thats about it really
Okay thanks - what are those aurulite for? :)

Naffets

Can't get enough of FH
Buying items much like you buy with seals from df, but with better stats, stat caps etc.

living

Fledgling Freddie
Naffets said:
Buying items much like you buy with seals from df, but with better stats, stat caps etc.
Nice, are they ahrd to come by - or much like seals, those i can get alot of fast :)?

Naffets

Can't get enough of FH
If you're high level then yes you can get a lot relatively fast, otherwise i dont know, not been low level in catacombs :(

WiZe^

Can't get enough of FH
So how is it to solo in catacoms ? or do u need a BB ;< ?

Bugz

Fledgling Freddie
WiZe^ said:
So how is it to solo in catacoms ? or do u need a BB ;< ?

Currently i'm gettin a paladim (s/s spec) through the instances in catacombs and its fairly easy. Some mobs parry at phenomenal rates mind you.

pikeh

Resident Freddy
frankly the task instances are very hard or slow for anything other than a vamp that i can think of. Sorcs and mincers do alright though. Higher level in dungeon instances drop around 15 auralite at a time (if they drop ofc) and thats green con to 50 mobs. but the items can cost around 700 auralite for lvl 50 stuff.

Gribz0r

Fledgling Freddie
Task dungeons only drop money. You get xp for each mob, and xp (more or less same amount as all the mobs you killed combined) for finishing your task. Keep in mind that just like a normal old skool task there is a 2 hour limit on them.

Walk-in instances in old world dungeons drop money, aurulite and the boss drops some nice stuff with a lot of cata specific (PvE only) bonusses like death xp reduction loss, reactionary style bonus, etc.

Aurulite drops in packs scaling from 1 to 20 per drop. 20 Aurulite chips is just as much as 20 aurulite cache, only the cach edrops in one go, and chips drop per 1 chip

1 = Chip
5 = Fragment
10 = Shard
15 = Cluster
20 = Cache

Here a listing of all the dungeons: http://www.camelotherald.com/article.php?id=130

The higher level the walk-in instance the more aurulite will drop.

Mithra instance will drop aurulite per chip, and you need for lvl 10 gear about 10 aurilite per item i think. The easiest is of course if you have a highlevel to farm the Barrows instas, hundreds of aurulite per insta clearance and give em to your alt. The initial investment in aurulite is kinda big, but after that a lot of your alts can wear the stuff over and over again.

One last thing, although task dungeons and walk-in instances are often great to solo, they are even better in group, as they do not have camp bonusses, but instance bonus. Instance bonus scales up with the number of people in the group. I believe it was for walk-ins 15% insta bonus per group member. The mobs scale up too, up to a certain level so no need to worry about having less xp when you go in with more people. (Don't expect other than greys in keltoi with your lvl 50 tho). Also if you're not after aurulite and solo, the best thing apart from tasks is the regular dungeon as the campbonus on the mobs will be higher than the instabonus you would have soloing an insta.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom