Catacombs pre-ordered :)

Job

The Carl Pilkington of Freddyshouse
Of course 'PRE' is a totally meaningless word.
How can you pre-order something?
It's either ordered or it isn't.
What did I order it before I ordered it?

There's only two states that can exist
Me NOT having ordered it...or
Me HAVING ordered it.

Shanaia

Fledgling Freddie
very distinct differences between pre-ordering something and ordering something ...

when you order something you expect it to arrive after a couple of days ... when you pre-order something you expect it to arrive a couple of days after it was released.

LawBringer

Fledgling Freddie
I have also 'pre-ordered' Catacombs, although the release date shown on Amazon UK is 15 April - obviously GoA not quite got the message across :) of their intended release date.

I think the use of Pre - in the terms of pre-ordering something is incorrect English though, but the word Pre as a prefix to mean 'before' is OK - but 1st poster is right you cannot pre-order and item - you either order it or you don't :)

Previous poster is making a presumptious comment :) based on the accepted current meaning of the word :)

Zenythe

[GOA] English Servers GM
Pre, meaning before and in this case meaning before release. And we are working on getting the release dates sorted with everyone, our distributors in their infinite wisdom decided that March was to busy a month to release in and took it upon themselves to move it into April. The marketing department has been on the phone the past three days trying to get everything sorted.

Svartmetall

Great Unclean One
Job said:
Of course 'PRE' is a totally meaningless word.
How can you pre-order something?
It's either ordered or it isn't.
What did I order it before I ordered it?

There's only two states that can exist
Me NOT having ordered it...or
Me HAVING ordered it.

Of course there is only one way to check.

Take a box. In the box you place a copy of Catacombs, a single radioactive atom, and a detector which will destroy the copy of Catacombs if it detects that the particle has decayed. Seal the box. Does the copy of Catacombs still exist or not? The only way to find out is to open the box, and collapse its quantum wave-state by observing whether the copy has been destroyed or not.

This is known as the quantum theory of Schrodinger's Catacombs.

Job

The Carl Pilkington of Freddyshouse
An interesting theory
But I don't see what the fook it has to do with the price of hammocks.

Flimgoblin

It's my birthday today!
Job said:
An interesting theory
But I don't see what the fook it has to do with the price of hammocks.

well, the number of copies of catacombs sold (which depends on whether they get annihilated or not within the box of course, as you can't sell annihilated copies) will directly affect both the profits of Mythic and GOA, which will also affect any bonus or incentive schemes which they employ as well as the long term ability of those companies to pay their employees. The variation in payout or lack of payout of these hypothetical bonuses or simply the reassurance that the jobs aren't going anywhere soon will have an effect on how much their employees splash out on their holidays. Whether it's a week at home with a copy of dark age of camelot or a week in the sun swinging on a hammock in the tropics could well be in the balance.

Obviously if more employees of Mythic/GOA are taking the tropical option involving hammock, the demand for high quality hammocks will increase thus increasing the price of hammocks.

Shanaia

Fledgling Freddie
So what you're saying Flim is that I should get stocks in a hammock factory?

gervaise

Fledgling Freddie
Svartmetall said:
This is known as the quantum theory of Schrodinger's Catacombs.

Will this form part of the next state of the game address?

old.Whoodoo

Can't get enough of FH
In game we just say "gifv game pls kthx!". Its too early in the morning for all this thinking shit.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom