Catacombs feedback in US

Kagato

Fledgling Freddie
Carrera said:
As others have mentioned I think you are missing the point of catacombs, though I can understand how it offers nothing to players who are already established with a few 50's and buffbots etc.

I don't think i've missed the point at all, I simply disagree with the seeming majority, which is nothing new really.

I cannot believe anyone can seriously call levelling difficult these days, if they do then they obviously werent around at release, THAT was difficult, and took a year to get a good level 50. Today its a piece of piss to get to 50 with any class with many options on how to do it.

It might not be a barrel of laughs but its still easy.

How many new players to the game is there? You can probably count the new players that have joined in the last few months on one hand. Most already have several 50ies and are just exping alts and 9 times out of 10 powerlevelling them.

What good is catacombs? Gee another place I can go to ruin my nice irreplaceable amour for no real purpose. No thanks.

another graphics face lift and just more stupid fluff with probably alot more lag to boot. Can't say it interests me in the least.

fotm

Fledgling Freddie
Couto said:
Since casuals pay the same monthly fee and want to have a chance in RvR.
Or u think RvR its for powergamers only?
Casual players dont run in well opted fotm set grps, casual players dont have any aims on reaching rr10, casual players goes out with what they have or go on keep taking without QQin on forum all day long

Veg

Fledgling Freddie
Kagato said:
I don't think i've missed the point at all, I simply disagree with the seeming majority, which is nothing new really.

I cannot believe anyone can seriously call levelling difficult these days, if they do then they obviously werent around at release, THAT was difficult, and took a year to get a good level 50. Today its a piece of piss to get to 50 with any class with many options on how to do it.

It might not be a barrel of laughs but its still easy.

How many new players to the game is there? You can probably count the new players that have joined in the last few months on one hand. Most already have several 50ies and are just exping alts and 9 times out of 10 powerlevelling them.

What good is catacombs? Gee another place I can go to ruin my nice irreplaceable amour for no real purpose. No thanks.

another graphics face lift and just more stupid fluff with probably alot more lag to boot. Can't say it interests me in the least.

Then don't buy catacombs, what are you losing out on by not buying it. Instead you waste the skin on your fingers posting why you hate it when it's probably the only expansion you can get away with not having.

Konah

Fledgling Freddie
[NO]Subedai said:
Sure, they didn't add any new uber gear. I would've liked to have seen some - more variety, therefore more ways to tweak your toon.

uber ring, uber necklace. say hello to the template merry-go-round, again. :wanker:

hope they bring in a hotfix for chain armour prices before cata arrives :eek7:

and whose betting u need to buy cata to access these wonderous instanced rvr zones? :m00:

Kagato

Fledgling Freddie
Veg said:
Then don't buy catacombs, what are you losing out on by not buying it. Instead you waste the skin on your fingers posting why you hate it when it's probably the only expansion you can get away with not having.

its called replying to a thread for discussion.

If i'd made my own thread saying I hate it, I could see your point.

Bracken

Fledgling Freddie
Kagato said:
another graphics face lift and just more stupid fluff

The character graphics in daoc are due a face lift - after 3 years being essentially the same they are starting to look outdated. The graphics definitely add to a game, and I reckon sprucing them up periodically is always a good thing. As for fluff...now't wrong with that in my book - it all adds to the atmosphere. Besides, even the most miserable **** needs a little fluff in their life ;)

Z^^

Can't get enough of FH
who cares about casual players anyhow?

[NO]Subedai

Fledgling Freddie
Konah said:
uber ring, uber necklace. say hello to the template merry-go-round, again. :wanker:

hope they bring in a hotfix for chain armour prices before cata arrives :eek7:

and whose betting u need to buy cata to access these wonderous instanced rvr zones? :m00:

why wuld i want a new template, i kinda got +26 str and everything alrdy ^^

its hardly much better than toa

Ketinna

Fledgling Freddie
the problem with daoc is that you spend 30 days /played to get a char ready for RvR and then you go out as rr2 and nobody wanna groups with a lowbie, and even if you get group you die in 2 bolts from the garde of wizards, with uber skills and aim, just like the boys from the hood so to say.

Dracus

Fledgling Freddie
[NO]Subedai said:

its hardly much better than toa

OMG, OP cleric!! :p

/Dracus

Ogen

One of Freddy's beloved
Uhm did i miss something? No rvr changes? What about the 5 new class´s ?

As far as i know hib pwned in rvr zergs all the suddon in cata.. on US ofc.. Could maybe have something to do with AoE bolts? :fluffle: At least i think so :)

And i think it sounds like a great fun expansion..

Fana

Fledgling Freddie
Kagato said:

Get a pve armour template for farming etc ;)

Calo

Part of the furniture
Hope it will bring some more intresting items & places. Atm daoc is just boring, for me then.

Anyway u dont need to have a full toa'd template to have fun. Some ppl like to get everything out of their chars, some ppl have fun if they run with ppl they know and have fun chatting, killing,dying...

But then again thats just my view, im not the kind of dude who wants more and more and more rp's...

Lets wait and see ;)

Mandi

Fledgling Freddie
i think ToA is finally enjoyable after all this time it has been out, the market became satisfied and stuff is easier to get now, although some still charge way too much for scrolls but its finally becoming what it was intented to be, not a 'I came here first so beat it' expansion .... camping is alot lesser these days, finally ...

Konah

Fledgling Freddie
[NO]Subedai said:

more con, more hits, more qui?

[NO]Subedai

Fledgling Freddie
Konah said:
more con, more hits, more qui?

ye but its not that much more, its not like ur getting 20% style dmg or anything. i got 98 con 101 str and 86qui and capped resists. ye i can get more hpts+ and qui but its not something amazing that will give a definate edge over other people.

Gazon

Fledgling Freddie
Night said:
sounds like a good expansion, and instanced rvr follows shortly after :) ...i hope

Put that out of your head: it's -never- going to happen.
Mythic is not going to let the Realm War be bypassed/ignored (agian) by people going off and playing counterstrike-like private fights, sorry. :fluffle:
Rvr is intended to be large scale (Massive as in MMORPG) so everybody is needed in it.
I know some players want this badly and try to warp rvr into an 8vs8 (see OF Emain, FH whines about "adds", "zerg", etc.)
I thought it would be clear by now this is not what this game is about... NF just reaffirms this. :touch:

Kalba

Can't get enough of FH
Roleplay all you want, and dont bring it here again this endless while of clueless low RR noobs since it leads to nowhere. But I fail to see the reason to bring all your mates and kill a solo enemy. He is a member of the opposing realm and all that but still :rolleyes:

WiZe^

Can't get enough of FH
Gazon said:
I know some players want this badly and try to warp rvr into an 8vs8 (see OF Emain, FH whines about "adds", "zerg", etc.)
I thought it would be clear by now this is not what this game is about... NF just reaffirms this. :touch:

Guess that's why u are an alb ey :touch:

Cirventhor

Can't get enough of FH
Gazon said:
Mythic is not going to let the Realm War be bypassed/ignored (agian) by people going off and playing counterstrike-like private fights, sorry. :fluffle:
Rvr is intended to be large scale (Massive as in MMORPG) so everybody is needed in it.

I thought Mythic was already working on instanced RvR?

According to the US website.

vintervargen

Banned
Gazon said:

so why did daoc population fall with 50% or more with the arrival of NF?

Bracken

Fledgling Freddie
Gazon said:

Pop imbalance and the game engine mean this isn't being achieved though. Instanced rvr won't be everyone's cup of tea (especially if it has reduced rp rewards), but it's still a good idea.

Dorin

Fledgling Freddie
Gazon said:

why cant zerglings understand that some ppl dont enjoy (let me quote smileytard here) the "grownup - large scale - non1337 rvsr!". just like you dislike 8vs8 , some dislike ze 47 vs 68 fights, tower-keep siege, scouts and such... anyways instanced rvsr sounds promising, hope it will bring another level rvsr in the game and hopefully promotes fair fights (numbers, not class balance wise) without adds or zerglings.

Btw whats your problem? 8vs8 ppl is a little part of the community, but if you look at it worldwide, its a fair share of players and mythic got some foes on the market finally, so making instanced rvsr which could bring back (which is not a big thing to do imo) a few hundred of players sounds pretty clever to me. Shouldnt bother you, you dont have to go there, you can enjoy what you like and we can do the same.

Really really hope instanced rvsr is about that, even if as bracken said we would get rp halved or something... dont care, wanna try it.

Smilewhenyousaythat

Fledgling Freddie
Dorin said:
why cant zerglings understand that some ppl dont enjoy (let me quote smileytard here) the "grownup - large scale - non1337 rvsr!". just like you dislike 8vs8 , some dislike ze 47 vs 68 fights, tower-keep siege, scouts and such... anyways instanced rvsr sounds promising, hope it will bring another level rvsr in the game and hopefully promotes fair fights (numbers, not class balance wise) without adds or zerglings.

Btw whats your problem? 8vs8 ppl is a little part of the community, but if you look at it worldwide, its a fair share of players and mythic got some foes on the market finally, so making instanced rvsr which could bring back (which is not a big thing to do imo) a few hundred of players sounds pretty clever to me. Shouldnt bother you, you dont have to go there, you can enjoy what you like and we can do the same.

Really really hope instanced rvsr is about that, even if as bracken said we would get rp halved or something... dont care, wanna try it.

I think the answer there is tough to some extent.

There are grps that manage fg v fg quite successfully, but this game is not designed for the minority. It is designed as mass scale rvr - this is mythics vision.

No objection to instanced rvr but i think mythics making another mistake - the US market is not representative of the world market. Personally i won't be touching it - but if it keeps the half dpzen or so sets of 'must play 8v8' players happy in their own mini world and out of mainstream rvr then its a good thing.

[NO]Subedai

Fledgling Freddie
vintervargen said:

well population is gradulally rising again over the past few weeks, mid had ove 400 on at primtine now when it used to be in 300's.

Gazon

Fledgling Freddie
Cirventhor said:
I thought Mythic was already working on instanced RvR?

According to the US website.
Yes, you are right. I was wrong to say it was -never- going to happen. It's a definite maybe it seems :(
http://www.camelotherald.com/more/1860.shtml
They are planning instanced rvr because alot of players are requesting it. Tho it's not guaranteed yet.

Still, if they make insta-fights too attractive by letting them give arpee rewards, the Frontier will be empty or too underpopulated to have a real Realm war.

But in the same message they are talking about clustering servers. Maybe they are hoping that, that way, they will have enough people to populate the Frontier anyway while a large chunck of players is fighting in private iRvR.

Or maybe the iRvR is just a carrot they hold in front of people who don't like NF and it will be forever postponed.

I'm still opposed to the whole idea of iRvR if it means the Frontier will suffer. It would be very sad if Mythic would destroy it's own vision of the game.
If they can somehow implement it so the activity in the Frontier stays alive or even is boosted by iRvR then ofcourse I would welcome it.

vintervargen said:
So you are insinuating the zerglings used to be out-zerged by the roaming fg's xD

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom