Catacombs feedback in US

Dorin

Fledgling Freddie
Gazon said:
Yes, you are right. I was wrong to say it was -never- going to happen. It's a definite maybe it seems :(
http://www.camelotherald.com/more/1860.shtml
They are planning instanced rvr because alot of players are requesting it. Tho it's not guaranteed yet.

Still, if they make insta-fights too attractive by letting them give arpee rewards, the Frontier will be empty or too underpopulated to have a real Realm war.

But in the same message they are talking about clustering servers. Maybe they are hoping that, that way, they will have enough people to populate the Frontier anyway while a large chunck of players is fighting in private iRvR.

Or maybe the iRvR is just a carrot they hold in front of people who don't like NF and it will be forever postponed.

I'm still opposed to the whole idea of iRvR if it means the Frontier will suffer. It would be very sad if Mythic would destroy it's own vision of the game.
If they can somehow implement it so the activity in the Frontier stays alive or even is boosted by iRvR then ofcourse I would welcome it.

So you are insinuating the zerglings used to be out-zerged by the roaming fg's xD

Your point is...what?

People who enjoy nf wont get h00ked to Irvsr, will they?

You are arguing with yourself as it looks, if NF is sooooo good and ppl love Mythic's vision, then why on earth are you pointing out that Irvsr would ruin the so kewlNF... confusing. As smiley said, i-rvsr is for the minority of the population, so what large chunk are you talking about? most of the 8vs8 ppl are inactive / semi-active...

just enlighten me please, as clearly i aint getting what you are on about.,

Gazon

Fledgling Freddie
Dorin said:
Your point is...what?

People who enjoy nf wont get h00ked to Irvsr, will they?

You are arguing with yourself as it looks, if NF is sooooo good and ppl love Mythic's vision, then why on earth are you pointing out that Irvsr would ruin the so kewlNF... confusing. As smiley said, i-rvsr is for the minority of the population, so what large chunk are you talking about? most of the 8vs8 ppl are inactive / semi-active...

just enlighten me please, as clearly i aint getting what you are on about.,

Yes they will get h00ked. You can LIKE both but the population is too low to DO both. That's my whole point.

Arpees are very interesting to everybody. Arpees give you a more powerfull character in RvR and PvE. So you can play and win sometimes. Arpees are an insentive to play in RvR. duh.

I don't see the RvR population as being devided into 2 groups. There are 3 groups imo:

1. The ones who want arpee to help them get better at their favorite fights: grp vs grp: the l33t. Top of the food-chain. Never come near a keep. A minority as you say. The opted group is also the fastest and most efficiënt way to farm rp.
2. The ones who love the concept of a massive Realm war and want to participate in large scale battles but cba to put in alot of time or to specialize in rp farming by optimizing, organizing and playing in a gank group. The casual player. The "roleplayer".
3. The ones who want both: get as much rp as possible, in an opted group or in zerg RvR to be able to also survive, contribute and pwn in the large scale battles.

This 3rd group is the largest group imo. If you present these people with a format - instanced RvR - that gives them a way to gain (fast) rp at a constant rate, they will do it. I would do it. They will spend a large part of their RvR time in the iRvR, farming rp but draining the Frontier population severely a the same time. (They will have to too btw, to keep up with the enemy who is doing the same.)
It will be fun and exciting, no doubt. But when their bellies are full of arpee and they step out into the Frontier to want to test their new skillz in their beloved keep battle, they will notice it will be empty... :m00:
So group 2 and 3 would lose out if this iRvR has a big impact on Frontier population.

If however iRvR would be implemented so there was NO arpee reward then maybe it wouldn't be such a drain on the Frontier because most people would rather fight and get arpee then just fight. Mythic needs to be very careful with all this.

Gazon

Fledgling Freddie
Dorin said:
why cant zerglings understand that some ppl dont enjoy (let me quote smileytard here) the "grownup - large scale - non1337 rvsr!". just like you dislike 8vs8 , some dislike ze 47 vs 68 fights, tower-keep siege, scouts and such... anyways instanced rvsr sounds promising, hope it will bring another level rvsr in the game and hopefully promotes fair fights (numbers, not class balance wise) without adds or zerglings.

Why can't YOU understand that I don't dislike 8 vs 8. I like them as I do the large scale battles. But there won't be anything large scale if everybody is off doing fast rp 8 vs 8, now will there?

Leel

Fledgling Freddie
Just get out, take some towers, threaten some relics etc, there will be people out.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom