Casting vs strafing. #!@#%$

Lothandar

Fledgling Freddie
Belomar said:
. Read up on distributed systems and you will see why this is

I perfectly know how daoc works, thank you, I know los is server side, I also thank you for re-educating me about it.

Lothandar said:
If you /face someone and he runs throught you your character does a 180 degree turn instantly

It is really annoying you think I think this happens on the server. No, I know it happens on your client only. The server needs time to catchup with your sent data about your character turning.

Lothandar said:
...the server might believe that he is still not in your field of vision.

Read what I write before fixing me.

Edit: The fact you might know more about certain server-client communication methods than me != I am wrong about my daoc observations on what happens on the server, and on your client.

Lothandar

Fledgling Freddie
Belomar said:
The server's version of the world state is the one that is used for visibility calculations, and clients have a constantly inconsistent version of the world

Did I say otherwise? Quote me where I say it is the clients world state (this sounds impossible and stupid) which decides los status.

Edit: And actually you're half wrong there, Belomar, for instance if you remove a keep by a hack, you will have los even though you shouldn't as there's a keep in the way, this leads me to believe that character location is indeed counted serverside (which is logical, doh), but geographical cases such as: Eg. if you remove amg you can cast throught the walls since you have nothing in your way, according to your client, there might be a mg there on the server but it seems that's not what counts.

Fiver

Fledgling Freddie
Gear said:
Oh, how terrible must it be for you that you can't lifetap every second!!! I think you should be entitled for a free-for-life account just to make up for this horrible inconvenience!!
:m00:

Freppe

Fledgling Freddie
It isnt a bug, neither of the things are bugs. Mythic has never showed anything in public saying either of the stuff is a bug. And they will never do, what is wrong tho is that it creates lag or so I heard, and thats nothing else than GoA / our isps to blame. Im sure that if we all been on LAN with the server, no lag would be created like that.

And if you are having such a problems with it, rent a bg bot.

Lothandar

Fledgling Freddie
Lothandar said:
Did I say otherwise? Quote me where I say it is the clients world state (this sounds impossible and stupid) which decides los status.

Having to quote myself there as it indeed is stupid to count los on the client which is vulnerable to hacks and such, but it is done. So quote me where I say player location is counted client side :p, you might have a hard time as I never said anything like that, Belomar

I forgot this can be done at the time writing that post, bit early here still.

Ilienwyn

Fledgling Freddie
AngelHeal said:
but also heard about the style: levi from reaver :p ppl say it wh(oo/i)ps ass, especially due it beeing backstyle :p

Levi pwns especially people with low resists (had a 630hit on a hunter last night around Fens!!). The only problem with it is that it can not critical hit to its maximum effect! :eek7: Styles with style proccs are only thing in this game that can not actually reach the 49% (or 99% for pve) crit cap as only the melee part can crit and not the procc...:(

Belomar

Part of the furniture
All right, Lothandar, seems I misunderstood you. I'm used to tanks harping on about things and I brought out the standard artillery. ;)
Ilienwyn said:
Styles with style proccs are only thing in this game that can not actually reach the 49% (or 99% for pve) crit cap as only the melee part can crit and not the procc...:(
On the other hand, Mr Reavur, styles with procs are also the only styles in the game that do not lose damage as you increase your melee speed (through quickness and ToA haste). From what I understand, even if your style and base damage decreases the normal way in accordance to melee haste rules, the proc part of the damage stays the same? I'd say that's a fair tradeoff.

(EDIT: Miswrote "DPS" when it should be "damage".)

Ilienwyn

Fledgling Freddie
Belomar said:
All right, Lothandar, seems I misunderstood you. I'm used to tanks harping on about things and I brought out the standard artillery. ;)On the other hand, Mr Reavur, styles with procs are also the only styles in the game that do not lose DPS as you increase your melee speed (through quickness and ToA haste). From what I understand, even if your style and base damage decreases the normal way in accordance to melee haste rules, the proc part of the damage stays the same? I'd say that's a fair tradeoff.

Yes, but it faces 50%+ resists (even more in NF with BAoD being available for all realms) instead of the 25% with melee resists and you know what? It can actually be resisted too! Not that common in rvr but happens. So, while it can be really devasting in soloing, it can be just average in group fights with their high resists or average without high resist (now tell me, how often do you see mids/hibs without all 6 resist buffs?!)...

Edit: Yes, levi procc damage is about 22% of the weaponskill. Bad thing is that wth even 50++ flex skill and high str/dex reavers have quite low ws (very hard to pass 1700mark) when other hybrids tanks can get quite more eg VWs from what I have read around easily pass 1900ws!!

Bracken

Fledgling Freddie
AngelHeal said:
2.) Whats the best backstyle of the game?:)

Levi probably, though doubler is nice too with the snare and chain off it.

Arnor

Fledgling Freddie
Belomar said:
Ehehe, all right then, gimp. As it happens, I agree with you here, and I have posted to this effect several times. Oh, and Xarr, I hope Arnor has smitten you greatly for your strafe/run-through attempts when it was you and him versus me some time back! ;)

it was me writing from xarrs comp :p (and yes we've had lengthy discussions on the subject but im afraid he doesnt agree :( )

Mirt

One of Freddy's beloved
>Styles with style proccs are only thing in this game that can not actually reach the 49% (or 99% for pve) crit cap as only the melee part can crit and not the procc...

:(

Occasionally my VW would get a melee and a proc crit on blizzard blade (3rd style in vw side chain), which mean 1500+ dmg. I think I've only broken 1k dmg once since the patch :/

Antedeluvian

Fledgling Freddie
Mirt said:
>Styles with style proccs are only thing in this game that can not actually reach the 49% (or 99% for pve) crit cap as only the melee part can crit and not the procc...

:(

Occasionally my VW would get a melee and a proc crit on blizzard blade (3rd style in vw side chain), which mean 1500+ dmg. I think I've only broken 1k dmg once since the patch :/

He was wrong, Levi's proc cant proc because reavers arent robe casters, valewakers are robe casters and all their style procs can, in this patch, crit. That chance to crit in vale's procs, blizard blade especially (sp?), will be removed in 1,71 iirc.

Haldar

Fledgling Freddie
Yes, levi procc damage is about 22% of the weaponskill. Bad thing is that wth even 50++ flex skill and high str/dex reavers have quite low ws (very hard to pass 1700mark) when other hybrids tanks can get quite more eg VWs from what I have read around easily pass 1900ws!!

iirc....on WS table:

[updated] found the code of my calc

1) warrs
2) zerk, merc, bm, hero, arms
3) vw
4) skald, pala, reaver, hunter, champ
5) stealthers, thane, healer, shaman, friar, warden, bard
6) cler, dru
7) casters

not sure about savages - dont have their data after WS nerf.

Mavl

Fledgling Freddie
Ofc there is a way.

But the annoyance of this bug is blowing my roof off.

The game should only be played by the rules intended in the game.

You don't invent new rules in a chess game if you have a flawed board.

Dorin

Fledgling Freddie
Mavl said:
Ofc there is a way.

But the annoyance of this bug is blowing my roof off.

The game should only be played by the rules intended in the game.

You don't invent new rules in a chess game if you have a flawed board.

yea what stand still while caster moc LT-s you? :)

thanks but no thanks :eek:

Danya

Fledgling Freddie
There's a difference between running about and exploiting flawed game mechanics. I think any spell / melee where your target is less than say 50-100 units from you should always pass the LOS check - would solve these problems easily. ;)

Mavl

Fledgling Freddie
Dorin said:
yea what stand still while caster moc LT-s you? :)

thanks but no thanks :eek:

well i'd rather stun him or get out of range, but if you want to stand still it is up to you... :rolleyes:

rvn

One of Freddy's beloved
if you face them "manually" it works better, however then you would have to use more than face and nuke.

Dorin

Fledgling Freddie
Mavl said:
well i'd rather stun him or get out of range, but if you want to stand still it is up to you... :rolleyes:

tried to be sarcastic btw :worthy:

when i had moc , i used it when i had purge up also... just incase someone tries to stun me :>

Yadeniel

Fledgling Freddie
If the 1sec cast speed let me alive enough i get my mezz dagger and mezz em, and hope they dont purge mezz ifnot, run trough those damn iwinbutton abusers

Anyways, enjoy it while u can, i will enjoy ur MoCs in NF

NF:

Caster uses MoC(30rps?) to earn free rps from st rps cows.
Assassin uses vanish (5rps)
Assassin kill the caster after wait 30sec vanish timer
Assassin laughs

Chronictank

FH is my second home
If the 1sec cast speed let me alive enough i get my mezz dagger and mezz em, and hope they dont purge mezz ifnot, run trough those damn iwinbutton abusers
Youre bug abusing
They are using a realm ability which is on a timer
Next you'll be qq'ing that tanks "abuse" IP or Purge
Shame there isnt a bug to let casters run though tanks fumbling all attacks not just styles, then u would be whining like tomorow didnt exist :rolleyes:

And just FYI most casters can get a 1.0 sec cast speed since you can only have 40% delve value:
Sm Lifetap lvl 47: 1.5 sec
Sm Pbaoe lvl 49: 1.5 Sec
Sorc Lifetap: 1.5 Sec
Baseline: 1.6 Sec

rvn

One of Freddy's beloved
whine on forums untill you can win ingame mmmmm...

Danya

Fledgling Freddie
Chronictank said:
And just FYI most casters can get a 1.0 sec cast speed since you can only have 40% delve value:
Sm Lifetap lvl 47: 1.5 sec
Sm Pbaoe lvl 49: 1.5 Sec
Sorc Lifetap: 1.5 Sec
Baseline: 1.6 Sec
Err you have the calculations wrong there, minimum speed is 40% of delve i.e:
SM lifetap: 1s
SM PBAE: 1s
Sorc Lifetap: 1s
Base nuke: 1.04s
Spec nuke: 1.12s

There are very few spells that can go below one second though, and none of them are nukes (instas notwithstanding).

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom