Casting vs strafing. #!@#%$

AngelHeal

Part of the furniture
1.)This "bug" about gooing trough a caster when he's casting his spell so the spell won't "work as intended".

Is it gooing to be fixed?
Is there a trick vs it?

Casters think this is the suck.
Mellee classes think it's the pwn.

2.) Whats the best backstyle of the game?:)

(ps every cn reply here except Belomar:puke: )

Mavl

Fledgling Freddie
1.)This "bug" about strafing around a tank when he's doing his styles so the styles won't "work as intended".

Is there a trick vs it?

Meleers think this is the suck.
Caster classes think it's the pwn.

AngelHeal

Part of the furniture
Mavl said:
1.)This "bug" about strafing around a tank when he's doing his styles so the styles won't "work as intended".

Is there a trick vs it?

casters dont think it's the pwn, :X its not like they can still cast...
And usually casters run isntead of strafe:x

AngelHeal

Part of the furniture
and theres /face... works good vs strafing ppl, but only for mellee vs enemy not magic vs enemy that goes trough u

Gear

Can't get enough of FH
With a casting speed of less than a sec, bts, brittle guards, pets, and all that loveable shit you shouldn't really complain. Cap casting speed to 1.5 sec minimum, and then I promise not to run through another caster again.

Night

Fledgling Freddie
turn slightly to the left or right when he runs thru and you usually catch him

gritzy

Fledgling Freddie
AngelHeal said:
and theres /face... works good vs strafing ppl, but only for mellee vs enemy not magic vs enemy that goes trough u

ye sucks ive been killed by many assassins while /face still cant get a lifetap off with my castspeed, v annoying

ive contacted goa recently about it and they said the usual shit, mythic are working on the problem but for the moment u just have to put up with it.

Gear

Can't get enough of FH
gritzy said:
ye sucks ive been killed by many assassins while /face still cant get a lifetap off with my castspeed, v annoying

ive contacted goa recently about it and they said the usual shit, mythic are working on the problem but for the moment u just have to put up with it.

Oh, how terrible must it be for you that you can't lifetap every second!!! I think you should be entitled for a free-for-life account just to make up for this horrible inconvenience!!

Ilur-OOM

Loyal Freddie
Mavl said:

Is there a trick vs it?

lol since when straffing is a bug? remove straffe keys ?
lol if they are there they are to be used no ?
wtfpwned for not /face !

C

censitempII

a lot of times its either do this or die.

moc is a bit of an I win in a stealther V mage fight.

Night

Fledgling Freddie
you dont need to moc solo stealthers, its the 2fg's of them :D

Antedeluvian

Fledgling Freddie
censitempII said:
a lot of times its either do this or die.

moc is a bit of an I win in a stealther V mage fight.

MoC costs 1+4+6+14 points, thats 25.
Empty Mind 3 costs 3+6+10, thats 19, and almost nullifie (sp?) magic damage.

If i pop an RA who makes me spend 25 rps and you dont pop any RA to counter it which cost something similar you should die, exploiting flawess game mechanics to win dont make you a good player, makes you a fucktard :puke:

Vodkafairy

Fledgling Freddie
well moc is kinda i-win for a mage, just mashing the same button all the time. i sidestrafe to get stun in when people moc, its the least i can do albeit a bit lame

C

censitempII

If i pop an RA who makes me spend 25 rps and you dont pop any RA to counter it which cost something similar you should die, exploiting

what RA counters moc?

mts

Fledgling Freddie
Gear said:
With a casting speed of less than a sec, bts, brittle guards, pets, and all that loveable shit you shouldn't really complain. Cap casting speed to 1.5 sec minimum, and then I promise not to run through another caster again.

cast speed is capped to delve*0.4

Hotrats

Fledgling Freddie
censitempII said:
what RA counters moc?
MoC potentially counters MoC :p

Being hit by FZ is one of the most annoying things that's happened to me recently, 30 min Re-Use Timer RA ruined by a 2 min RUT ml ability, sux so much.

Run-through is damn annoying, if a tank starts doing it to me i just start strafing them as well so neither of us get to do anything.

Belomar

Part of the furniture
AngelHeal said:
(ps every cn reply here except Belomar:puke: )
Ehehe, all right then, gimp. As it happens, I agree with you here, and I have posted to this effect several times. Oh, and Xarr, I hope Arnor has smitten you greatly for your strafe/run-through attempts when it was you and him versus me some time back! ;)

Mavl

Fledgling Freddie
On topic :
As soon as they fix the style bug, i hope they fix the run-through bug. I have chars suffering from both of them. I refuse to show any sign of goodwill from my side alone.

AngelHeal said:
casters dont think it's the pwn, :X its not like they can still cast...
And usually casters run isntead of strafe:x

BD's do. Bards do. <Insert you random casting class here>'s do.
You can't cast, but you can ruin all enemy styles and make half of the hits miss being "not in view". Therefore you can be healed. Ppl are using this shit while standing in box for example.

Don't have anything against running, it is the above that annoys me.

AngelHeal said:
/face will not work if the enemy is constantly strafing(spiraling) out of melee distance. There are ways to partially counter the effect of it, but it is not /face.

Also... are you familiar with the kind of message "You were strafing in combat and miss" ?
Yup. They are allowed to strafe, you aren't.

Ilur-OOM said:
lol since when straffing is a bug? remove straffe keys ?
lol if they are there they are to be used no ?
wtfpwned for not /face !
Strafing is not a bug.
Running through is not a bug.
Getting "not in view" message while being stuck to a char is a bug.
Getting "not in view" message while facing a char is a bug.

Pffff.... look bud.... when someone is strafing around you and you use /face, you will remain in one spot, facing that character. Now if the strafing guy is not hopelessly stupid, he will understand that you are using face to counter it, so he will constantly back up while strafing, widening the gap between you ultimately getting out of range, so you cannot hit him. So before making silly comments i suggest you use your brain for a moment and think about what you are going to type.

(i sincerely hope that not all of the quake kiddies read this thread )

AngelHeal

Part of the furniture
ehe ye backstab 2 with 50 cs roxor.

Saw a us movie from a infil who had 50 slash 50 critical strike.

And at every pa / backstab he showed his dmg..

AMAFAKING GAHD!!! thats just sick even at rr8 sb's ;X.

but also heard about the style: levi from reaver :p ppl say it wh(oo/i)ps ass, especially due it beeing backstyle :p

Lothandar

Fledgling Freddie
More whines about strafing please. How come I never get the "omg I can walk out of this warriors range since he's /facing me!"

I rarely depend on /face or /stick on enemies

The moment they start circling around to mess my styles up I just remove stick and 90% of the time I still do my styles easily.

Most of the people who I play against just mindlessly stick on me (the times I get the hib assist train of 2 bms and 1 hero) and expect me to stand still while they can spam me with side and backstyles. Nib, I will strafe around them, strafe around them like mad that is, and if they keep stick on me, well their problem, not mine, I personally don't really suffer from casters/tanks strafetricking me as it is easily countered. Do not say it's not as that's bollox, I agree that for casters you can get the out of view error every often, but again, /face is not a solution, you have to manually look at your offender with mouselook and that way you can keep up with the lag.

If you /face someone and he runs throught you your character does a 180 degree turn instantly and since we got the thing got lag in daoc (talk about that getting fixed) the server might believe that he is still not in your field of vision. Manually looking at him you don't do 180/240/300 degree turns rapidly allowing for better casting rate versus run-thru foes.

Lothandar

Fledgling Freddie
Mavl said:
(i sincerely hope that not all of the quake kiddies read this thread )

I sincerely hope you're not 1 of those close-minded people who judge others based on what they played before daoc.

Belomar

Part of the furniture
You've got it all wrong, Lothandar. It's not the server that is the problem, it's the client. The server's version of the world state is the one that is used for visibility calculations, and clients have a constantly inconsistent version of the world (this is a simple fact due to the lack of instantaneous communication between the two). Contrary to what you are claiming, it is not enough to "face manually", since what you see in your game client is not necessarily what the server sees, and it is the server that calls the shots. Read up on distributed systems and you will see why this is so.

My solution: Remove LOS checks at short ranges (melee range).

Dorin

Fledgling Freddie
Lothandar said:
More whines about strafing please. How come I never get the "omg I can walk out of this warriors range since he's /facing me!"

I rarely depend on /face or /stick on enemies

The moment they start circling around to mess my styles up I just remove stick and 90% of the time I still do my styles easily.

Most of the people who I play against just mindlessly stick on me (the times I get the hib assist train of 2 bms and 1 hero) and expect me to stand still while they can spam me with side and backstyles. Nib, I will strafe around them, strafe around them like mad that is, and if they keep stick on me, well their problem, not mine, I personally don't really suffer from casters/tanks strafetricking me as it is easily countered. Do not say it's not as that's bollox, I agree that for casters you can get the out of view error every often, but again, /face is not a solution, you have to manually look at your offender with mouselook and that way you can keep up with the lag.

If you /face someone and he runs throught you your character does a 180 degree turn instantly and since we got the thing got lag in daoc (talk about that getting fixed) the server might believe that he is still not in your field of vision. Manually looking at him you don't do 180/240/300 degree turns rapidly allowing for better casting rate versus run-thru foes.

ffs stfu!!! dont givem spoilers :|

god damn bug i tell you, uncounterable...

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom