Case Fans

Aada

Part of the furniture
Currently i have:

Front sucking air in.
Back exhaust
Top exhaust
side blowing air to my GPU this only blows at about 1200 rpm.

Is that the right set up or should all but the front fan be taking air out of the case? if it should be blowing air in i was thinking about getting a more powerful fan 2000rpm is that over doing it?

BloodOmen

I am a FH squatter
errr no idea? my big 220 side fan is running at 2009rpm atm

Madmaxx

FH is my second home
I've only ever really used laptops, but from the sounds of it atleast you wont be able to hear your PC on the floorboards from the room below as it'll be hovering.

caLLous

I am a FH squatter
FH Subscriber
You want about the same amount of air going into the case as you do leaving it so 2 intake and 2 exhaust is right. I have two intakes on the front: a 140mm at the bottom and 120mm at the top (I have a Lian-Li drive bay converter thing in a few of the 5.25" bays to mount extra 3.5" hdd's) and two exhausts (one in the top and one at the top of the back). It goes without saying that exhausts should be towards the top of the case (hot air and all that) and intakes should be lower.

As for rpm's; it depends on what temps are like. I have a couple of Noctua 120mm's that were left over from my old CPU heatsink and they have the low-noise adapters (which basically just slow them down and make them quieter) and everything is nice and cool.

old.Osy

No longer scrounging, still a bastard.
Air cooling 101: The pressure inside the case needs to be higher than the room's. So set your intake at higher rpm and the outtake lower rpm. Observe temperatures after.

Embattle

FH is my second home
Intake = 2x120mm + 220mm Side Fan
Outake = 1x120mm

I can replace the 120mm exhaust fan with a 140mm and add another 2 fans to the top of the case 120/140mm to exhaust more air but in reality I don't need to since the system is rock solid any way, the Noctua NH-D14 and the graphics card won't work much better with additional exhaust fans.

Wij

I am a FH squatter
Science dudes! Why does increased pressure help?

old.Osy

No longer scrounging, still a bastard.
Blah, hate the editor for re-editing posts.

Anyway, I have 2 front intake running at 1200 rpm and 1 at the back running at 900 - 1000 rpm.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom