Car crash

Gurnox

One of Freddy's beloved
Tilda said:
I agree totally.
I really HATE the way British society is becomming americanised by this litigation society. In the passed if you had an "accident" (called that for a reason) you'd have passed it off and accepted an appology, nowadays its "Sue the fucker to get some money". Why are people so intent on doing this? It seems bloody stupid to me and only increases the amount of papers work (insurance, risk assessments etc) that people have to do. Did you know for a school near me to take a class on a trip, they have to fill in over 14 pages worth of reports etc.

Tilda

I don't know if it is becoming americanised as such. In America they have started to put warnings on drills to the effect that 'you should not put this up your nose'. Which is surely common sense :).

This is probably a bit askew from what you've said, but an example none-the-less:

For a while I was a student nurse. I was told that I should never be left alone with a child, a woman or an old lady in case they accused me of something. Basically, they were saying 'always have a witness' which is utterly fucked. A real 'cover your own back' culture. This was something that was said to everyone incidentally, I wasn't being singled out due to some odd habits or anything :)

It's not all black and white though. A little while back there was a story about a kiddy that drowned on a school trip 'cos the teacher was distracted by something else. Yes, an accident. But imagine if you were the parent. You'd want some sort of comeback.

Such a hard thing to call.

Tilda

Yeah, I remember an old teacher of mine ( a real mother/granny figure) saying basicly(she was an infants school teacher) she wasnt allowed to hug children if say they graze their knee etc and she'd also been told the whole done be alone with any of them type thing. I know the hugging thing may sound a little odd, but she was a nice old matriarch(sp?) and a lovley woman, it just seems silly to me that stuff like this can stop or interfeer with peoples jobs.
But yes, it is hard to call.

Tilda

TdC

Trem's hunky sex love muffin
I once got a hug off a teacher, it scarred me for life :(

actually it was really sweet of the old lady tbh, as I'd thought she'd always hated me :(

Tom

I am a FH squatter
I often have to work with young children, you can't allow yourself to be in a position where you can later be accused of something, and have no witness. I could understand it if I worked for the catholic church, but meh.

nath

Fledgling Freddie
Tom said:
I often have to work with young children, you can't allow yourself to be in a position where you can later be accused of something, and have no witness. I could understand it if I worked for the catholic church, but meh.
What's the world coming to when freelance cameramen can't fondle kids and get away with it, eh?!

Tom

I am a FH squatter
Cock Giblets!

05-11-04_1406.jpg
05-11-04_1407.jpg
05-11-04_1408.jpg

Thats what happened to my front wheel as some twat cut me up today, I ended up half on the pavement to avoid the collision (the kerb blew my tyre out nicely). £147 fucking quid for a new tyre (although I can claim the VAT off that). No collision, no witnesses, my word against his, whats the point in involving the insurance? Fuck all. Just one of those things I guess.

Fucking minibuses.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom