Car crash

old.user4556

Has a sexy sister. I am also a Bodhi wannabee.
Just been in another crash, rear shunted in the pissing rain - that's fucking twice that's happened to me.

A council lorry walloped a girl in a corsa who walloped me. Not my fault and the bloke in the lorry accepted blame. The police arrived, wrote their report and buggered off since it was straight forward. It's just the hastle of it all :(.

GRRRRRRRRRRRR

G

Sorry, had to moan about it :(

Lazarus

Part of the furniture
watch out for your insurance Big G.

I was with e-sure and the wifes car was parked outside her work where it was walloped by a lorry driver of limited intelligence (he drove away after it was pointed out he had hit the car AND he had just signed out from the gate house)

anyway, my wife claimed through the insurance and it was (eventually) sorted out. When I went to renew my insurance with e-sure, my premium had rose by over £40 because my wife had made a no-fault claim.

Wankers!

old.user4556

Should be ok, it was a council lorry and he admitted liability. Additionally the police documented he was at fault, so i'm hoping this is a smooth one.

Lazarus

Part of the furniture
Big G said:
Should be ok, it was a council lorry and he admitted liability. Additionally the police documented he was at fault, so i'm hoping this is a smooth one.

Dont be so sure G. Other company admitted liability in our case, we had the police presence and witnesses - premium still rose because we (and I quote) "liable to make future claims"

old.user4556

Change insurer then.

£40 doesn't seem like a lot for an insurance rise?

Just off the phone with Admiral who advised that the premium won't change because it's not an at fault claim.

TdC

Trem's hunky sex love muffin
damn mate. are you ok? hows your neck?

old.user4556

Yeah i'm fine, although I felt a twinge in my neck. If my last read shunt was anything to go by, i'll feel it the next day or two.

oblimov

Luver of Buckfast
If i was you m8 i would get onto those claims direct style things and get some compensation

I was in a crash before and i got whiplash which was a complete fooker and i was out of work for a week or two and got it all paid back :D plus the compensation dulled out the massive hike in my premium

I always find it hilariious how preimums go up if your in an accident thats not your fualt?!?!? its almost like u pay up for being in the wrong place at the wrong time, i can see why they should hike up if you cause accidents but you shouldnt pay for others mistakes.

old.user4556

Yeah i got £500 for my last whiplash injury, but that was much worse.

The insurance shouldn't go up if you're not at fault, if it has try shopping around. I have one non-fault and one fault claim and Admiral didn't penalise me the way Directline did (admiral wanted £550, directline wanted £1200!!)

G

JBP|

Part of the furniture
yeah but saying that arn't premiums going up anyway, even if you dont claim
(just to cover those retards that have never heard of insurance)?

old.user4556

True enough, my mate's premium went up when he renewed with Norwich Union - never had a claim, another years no claims on his policy and it went up.

He told them to ram it and renewed elsewhere.

Money grabbing c***s

Lazarus

Part of the furniture
well, mine went up to £284 but, dammit!!!!, im Scottish!!!

Gurnox

One of Freddy's beloved
Big G said:
The insurance shouldn't go up if you're not at fault, if it has try shopping around. I have one non-fault and one fault claim and Admiral didn't penalise me the way Directline did (admiral wanted £550, directline wanted £1200!!)

I spent two and a half hellish years working at a well known insurance company (And then another hellish 6 months working for a less well known one). They are all evil and would fist their own grandmothers for an extra couple of quid.

Having said that, if you are hit from behind it always goes in your favour, especially if the driver of the other vehicle admits liability. Should be a very simple claim for you. Don't worry about a 'Claims Direct' sort of thing either. If you have legal cover with your insurance, use that to claim damages.

And say you have whiplash. A claims inspector will never be able to prove otherwise and it can be worth a nice lump of compensation.

Bullitt

One of Freddy's beloved
oblimov said:
If i was you m8 i would get onto those claims direct style things and get some compensation

Grrr please don't, I hate those fucking ambulance chasers. I mean I understand if it keep you out of work or whatever but personally, i'd just chalk it up to shit happens and get on with it.

Will

/bin/su
Gurnox said:
And say you have whiplash. A claims inspector will never be able to prove otherwise and it can be worth a nice lump of compensation.
And people wonder why their premiums go up...

old.user4556

Lazarus said:
well, mine went up to £284 but, dammit!!!!, im Scottish!!!

Yeah me too :), did eSure give you the best quote?

Bodhi

Once agreed with Scouse and a LibDem at same time
Heh, I had a pretty big accident earlier in the year in my old Golf GTI. Strictly speaking I was probably at fault (lost control on a patch of diesel and span the car and was promptly T-boned by a car coming the other way). My renewal only went up cos I replaced my GTi 8v with a GTi 16v with flashier wheels.

Go go protected no-claims!

oblimov

Luver of Buckfast
Bullitt said:
Grrr please don't, I hate those fucking ambulance chasers. I mean I understand if it keep you out of work or whatever but personally, i'd just chalk it up to shit happens and get on with it.

rofl so if you get something that whacks you and your damaged and put out of pocket u just say "ah well" and get on with it?

fuck that lol if some arseholes been a diddy and fecked up then they should pay for you

Im not talkin crazy amounts of money, just enuff to cover things that result from teh accident

Bullitt

One of Freddy's beloved
oblimov said:
rofl so if you get something that whacks you and your damaged and put out of pocket u just say "ah well" and get on with it?

fuck that lol if some arseholes been a diddy and fecked up then they should pay for you

Im not talkin crazy amounts of money, just enuff to cover things that result from teh accident

lolz, yes...yes I would just say ah well and get on with it. I'm sick of the fact that everything is fucking bubble wrapped and protected now and everyone is to blame for everything. To me life isn't a walk in the park that (ideally) you stroll through unhurt, accidents will happen...shit does often hit the fan, and it happens to these 'arseholes' as much as anyone else. That is payment enough in my opinion.

old.user4556

cba trying to claw back compensation, i just want my car fixed and the claim resolved as fast as possible.

I pickup a new car in three weeks, so I want it out the way.

nath

Fledgling Freddie
No win no fee claims companies will be the death of modern society. If you have used one before or are affiliated with one, kill yourself right now. "Oh that's funny nath, hahah good one" no I'm not kidding - KILL YOURSELF, do it now.

Hicks > *

oblimov

Luver of Buckfast
ha ha but surely the people who cause accidents should pay for them?!?!?!

If you have a bump and you claim then its the person who bumped you that suffers as the claim affects their premium

I admit theres a lot of fannies out there that have taken this to the extreme with like tripping over a stone in the street and suing etc. but this kinda thing i think its totally justified :D

Tom

I am a FH squatter
Nobody has accidents anymore, everybody has 'breaches of duty' or 'neglectful actions'.

If you're off work, then claim some compo, but if you're still able to work, and there are no long term side effects, then why should somebody pay for that?

Shit happens. Sorry to hear about the accident.

Gurnox

One of Freddy's beloved
Will said:
And people wonder why their premiums go up...

Peoples premiums go up because they make claims for which they were at fault. There is no other reason. Competition within the market place tends to keep premiums pretty level for people who are a 'good risk' if you look at these things over time.

Oh, and don't fall for all of this guarenteed/protected/armour plated no claims bonus things either. A fault claim will still effect your premium as it indicates that you are a higher risk.

Ah, takes me right back......
:puke:

Tom

I am a FH squatter
I thought car insurance was a loss-leader for all concerned, which is why they're all offering house insurance, loans, etc?

Gurnox

One of Freddy's beloved
Tom said:
I thought car insurance was a loss-leader for all concerned, which is why they're all offering house insurance, loans, etc?

Kind of. Basically, there are a shed load of insurers who are all fighting over the 'low risk' market. It's, more or less, a numbers game.

What you tend to find is that your Tescos, Halifaxs, Barclays et al are merely rebranding a package from one of the major players (Churchill, Direct Line e.t.c.). For example, the insurance company I worked for pretended to be Halifax insurance if the punter dialled a certain number.

It's all very dull really.......

Bodhi

Once agreed with Scouse and a LibDem at same time
Gurnox said:
Peoples premiums go up because they make claims for which they were at fault. There is no other reason. Competition within the market place tends to keep premiums pretty level for people who are a 'good risk' if you look at these things over time.

Oh, and don't fall for all of this guarenteed/protected/armour plated no claims bonus things either. A fault claim will still effect your premium as it indicates that you are a higher risk.

Ah, takes me right back......
:puke:

Like I said, I have renewed since having my accident. My premium didn't go up one iota - well, apart from for the bigger engine and nicer wheel on me new motah.

Wazzerphuk

FH is my second home
I got £1200 in compo for whiplash and a cut head. Yipee!

I wouldn't have pressed for compensation but the insurance company "valuated" my car at some obscene price, so I had to make the money up somehow. And yes, my insurance went up after that :<

Tilda

Bullitt said:
I agree totally.
I really HATE the way British society is becomming americanised by this litigation society. In the passed if you had an "accident" (called that for a reason) you'd have passed it off and accepted an appology, nowadays its "Sue the fucker to get some money". Why are people so intent on doing this? It seems bloody stupid to me and only increases the amount of papers work (insurance, risk assessments etc) that people have to do. Did you know for a school near me to take a class on a trip, they have to fill in over 14 pages worth of reports etc.

Tilda

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom