Crap Car Accident

Deebs

Chief Arsewipe
Staff member
FH Subscriber
Never, since roads only ever become icy at low temperatures, when damp or wet. If you unexpectedly hit ice then you've failed to pay attention to the conditions.

The speed limit is not an indication of a safe speed. Ever. And if you failed to see water in the road on a dry day then you were either driving far too quickly, or not paying attention - even at night.

This also would not be an accident, since the driver of a lorry who suddenly decides to veer into your lane would be guilty of exactly the same lapse of judgement shown in the OP.

Yes, you can. The only uncontrollable variable is other road users.

It's rather sad that people seem to accept road traffic collisions as inevitable when the vast majority of them are entirely avoidable.
Seriously? A simple question then, how do you deal with the unknowns in life that suddenly impact you?

Say, an aeroplane hitting your house? Did you fail to see that?

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
Actually - aquaplaning is a function of speed.

The water depth must be over a tenth of an inch (0.3 centimeters) for hydroplaning to occur, and the vehicle's speed needs to be 50 miles per hour (22.35 meters per second) or more.

In support of Tom - he's just being factual. The sort of factual that an annoying health and safety demonstration is, but factual nevertheless.

If you're approaching a blind bend then you should be going at a speed that considers the possibility that there's a car stopped around it, or a sheep, or mud. Yadda yadda yadda.

To not point this out calmly and non-judgementally is the wrong thing to do.

The fact that people have become a bit pissed off with Tom's 'condescending tone' is simply because people don't like to be told they're wrong and get miffed with the messenger...

Moriath

I am a FH squatter
The first time was ok. The second time he said it was mildly annoying the third time he tried it was just out of order.

And if you drove round a blind corner at a speed you could react to anything at any point in it you would have cars running into the back of you

Tom

I am a FH squatter
Seriously? A simple question then, how do you deal with the unknowns in life that suddenly impact you?

Say, an aeroplane hitting your house? Did you fail to see that?

At no point have I suggested that anyone can do anything about the unforseen. I'm simply pointing out that many hazards are foreseeable.

Tom

I am a FH squatter
And if you drove round a blind corner at a speed you could react to anything at any point in it you would have cars running into the back of you

I would rather have a car run into the back of me than have my car run over a pedestrian's back.

I'm going to stop replying to Moriath since it's clear he's ignorant of what skills are required to be a safe driver.

Moriath

I am a FH squatter
I would rather have a car run into the back of me than have my car run over a pedestrian's back.

I'm going to stop replying to Moriath since it's clear he's ignorant of what skills are required to be a safe driver.
Lol. I never had an accident in 23 years of driving.

Lakih

Resident Freddy
Sorry to hear about your accident @Access Denied . Glad everyone seems to be doing well. Get out driving as soon as you can to get any lingering ghosts out of your head. Also don't listen to the now-it-all holier then thou piss ants...

Tom

I am a FH squatter
Sorry to hear about your accident @Access Denied . Glad everyone seems to be doing well. Get out driving as soon as you can to get any lingering ghosts out of your head. Also don't listen to the now-it-all holier then thou piss ants...

Fuck you pal.

Raven

Fuck the Tories!
FH Subscriber
No he didn't, because he is a natural spanner whereas you just pretend to be a spanner.

Moriath

I am a FH squatter
Amazing how butt hurt some people get when you question their superiority.

Raven

Fuck the Tories!
FH Subscriber
I would normally agree mr @TdC but Tom's brand of bumholery cannot go un-laughed at.

old.user4556

Has a sexy sister. I am also a Bodhi wannabee.
I think you'e all missing the point that whilst it's great news no-one died, it's a prime opportunity to learn that perhaps one wasn't driving appropriately for the conditions or a warning sign that the tread on the tires was sub-standard (or both). (edit: that was only a 'for example')

Raven

Fuck the Tories!
FH Subscriber
I bet Tom has a little book with a check list that he has to fill in each time he goes anywhere. If all the boxes aren't ticked he has to start again.

Job

The Carl Pilkington of Freddyshouse
As motorcyclist I am often in awe of drivers who tear around fast bends in the wet over standing water and drain covers....they quite simpky have no idea whatsoever how close they are to sliding off because it hasn't happened yet and when it does they are in shock.

Moriath

I am a FH squatter
I think you'e all missing the point that whilst it's great news no-one died, it's a prime opportunity to learn that perhaps one wasn't driving appropriately for the conditions or a warning sign that the tread on the tires was sub-standard (or both). (edit: that was only a 'for example')
I agree but there's a way to do it and that's not sounding accusing and condescending three or more times. Make the point once and express gratitude all are ok. I didn't say anything until Tom had made three or more posts all that said I not having a go but. Can't imagine how it made access feel who was making defensive posts after each one.

Syri

FH is my second home
And that is what Access Denied has conceded. Tom however was not happy with this, and has taken it well beyond the extremes, in my opinion.
When these things happen, you do have to learn from that experience. However, you can not in any way be prepared in advance for every possible experience that you could possibly face. Sometimes you don't realise a situation fully until you've been in it, and had chance to learn from it. Sometimes you can't find the right limit without straying over it one time. On this occasion, no serious harm was done, and it will forever be a learning experience. What's not needed is someone constantly going on as if some serious crime has been committed and someone has gone unpunished and must have what they've done thrown in their face to remind them. Just saying this is how Tom is coming across to me.
Access Denied: Glad everyone got through it, and take care, I'm sure from being in similar shoes myself that you'll not let the same happen again.
Tom: Get that stick out of your arse. Please.

Moriath

I am a FH squatter
Love you too @Scouse for the four disagrees. Which goes against the agrees I got. Never mind :). Don't k ow why my statement of not having an accident in 23 years deserved a face palm.. Just a statement of truth. But must be on the port again lol

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
[QUOTE="Moriath, post: 40must be on the port again lol[/QUOTE]
[QUOTE="Moriath, post: 4043051,[/QUOTE]

Fuck me. I'm absoluteluly battered m8.

Not quite as much as Access Denied when he hit that tree tho ;)

fettoken

I am a FH squatter
I get the anxiety and stress over having crashed a car, but also having passengers with you, I'd be having serious guilt weighing over me as well. Everyone's alive and that's what matters! Hope you get to cheer up soon man.

DaGaffer

Down With That Sorta Thing
I've repeatedly said that I'm not having a go at anyone and was trying to help. But if you think that personal insults help then feel free to continue, because I won't be reading your posts. In fact, having said "sometimes you just don't see things in time" proves to anyone with an ounce of sense that you don't know what you're talking about.

Road safety is a serious issue, shrugging your shoulders and saying "shit happens" means that nothing will be learnt and that more accidents are assured.

Tom, you're absolutely right. You're also being a bit of a dick.

Hawkwind

FH is my second home
@Access Denied glad your OK and hope the guy sat was not too badly hurt. Regardless of how it happened there is zero point in stating the obvious about how accidents tend to occur. None of us were there so can't really comment on it.

Job

The Carl Pilkington of Freddyshouse
I was there with my trusty leaky can of diesel, just walking down the road leaving a little trail for the oil monkeys.

Tom

I am a FH squatter
I love how honest advice can be taken by some to be condescending, even though I've repeatedly said I'm not criticising anyone.

What a shower of cunts some of you are. The capacity for rational discussion is almost completely absent from this forum.

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
The capacity for rational discussion is almost completely absent from this forum.

Yeah, it's way too emotive sometimes. If you're simply factual people call you condescending. I guess people don't like it pointed out when they're factually incorrect...

Moriath

I am a FH squatter
I love how honest advice can be taken by some to be condescending, even though I've repeatedly said I'm not criticising anyone.

What a shower of cunts some of you are. The capacity for rational discussion is almost completely absent from this forum.
Love you Tom :fluffle:

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom