Cant wait...!

Gray

FH is my second home
Ive just been offered an Audi 2.0 Sport (1990), i took it for a quick test drive earlier and i found it fuckin shits over my current car :D (Mitsu Shogan 2.5td). The speed of it was just so incredible, ive never really driven a powerful car like that (Speed wise) but i hope i can get it!

Sadly, as the case may go, i might not get it, because of the insurance cost'. It will cost an arm and a leg apparently to pay for it because im classed as a "Young Driver", which is a pisser because ever since i was in the car a few months ago (It belongs to my dads best mate) ive wanted it.

Heres to hoping! :D

Tom

I am a FH squatter
Predictions:

1. Crippling insurance costs
2. Crippling service costs
3. Peer pressure
4. Death

Be careful mate :D Check out the Audi newsgroup, and also www.audiworld.com

Gray

FH is my second home
heh i dont mind #4... as long as its in a good car like that :D

I am aware of the high insurance costs... which is why im worried i may not actually get it yet... fuck it i dont :(, i cant actually tell if this is an Audi 80 or an Audi 90..., im pretty sure (according to the pictures) its an Audi 90, because of the fin on the boot at the back

MrBlack

Fledgling Freddie
Tom said:
Predictions:

1. Crippling insurance costs
2. Crippling service costs
3. Peer pressure
4. Death

Be careful mate :D Check out the Audi newsgroup, and also www.audiworld.com

I'd have gone for:

3. Crippling
:)

Tom

I am a FH squatter
Well, just make sure you do an HPI check on it, and FSH etc. You shouldn't have any rust problems at all, and as its from the VW group it will be pretty reliable.

I'd have the AA come round and inspect it before you part with any cash.

Trem

Not as old as he claims to be!
Its too old for a HPI check I believe.

Xtro

One of Freddy's beloved
Sold on my Audi TT Coupe on Friday. I was gutted to do so tbh but like my wanky old Audi 80 before it they were bastards to run due to high insurance and guzzling petrol.

Loved it tho :( Motorbike time again for me now though, am musing over what to buy.

Lester

One of Freddy's beloved
How will you drive it with only one arm and leg? Is it an automatic with them hand controls?

jaba

Fledgling Freddie
Gray how old are you? I am too classed as a young driver, and I bought a lovely BMW 1.8i recently and the insurance has killed me ever since, I could hear them at the end of their phone rubbing their hands together at the prospect of robbing me! Worth it though, cos its so nice to drive!

Gray

FH is my second home
19 coming on 20... 3years driving licence with no accidents, but im on my dads insurance for the mo..

I think after 21 or 25 it gets a lot cheaper, but im unsure

jaba

Fledgling Freddie
Hehe, so you got no no claims bonus either? I was the same, dads insurance for past 4 years with no accidents...a 2.0l engine, have you checked for quotes yet? you will be getting bummed :(

Trem

Ahhhhh my Impreza STi(300bhp) cost me £400 to get insured for a year :p

Tom

I am a FH squatter
Blimey.

I've got a clean license, 7 years no claims, and drive an Audi A4 diesel, and I still have to pay over £750 a year fully comp.

nath

Fledgling Freddie
I've been under my dads name since I started driving (about 4 or 5 years ago). I've no idea when I'm gunna be able to move, or when it becomes cost effective to do so. It's cheap going under my dads name, but the problem is I never rack up any no claims, so it's not really getting much cheaper to switch to my own name :\

Trem

Try Tesco insurance if you aint with them Tommeh. I live in a posher area(unlike Lester) so maybe thats why.

Frizz

Can't get enough of FH
A friend of mine did an advanced driving thingy for the Army, and has to pay no more, than £75 per annum.

Sack o' shit tbh. :(

Gray

FH is my second home
So the Advanced Driving test thing actually does cut the cost a lot? (Is there another one about Hazards and stuff?)

Frizz

Can't get enough of FH
Yeah, just get in contact with a drivers school, i've got a leaflet on it somewhere....

Uncle Sick

One of Freddy's beloved
We pay $350 quarter-yearly for a 91 Subaru Legacy... Wagon. A god damn wagon.... ffs............ :eek:

Gray

FH is my second home
the insurance on the car is £850...

My dad wont get the car :(

Fucking fuck fuck.. I wish i took twatting Pass Plus when i first passed my test, but was told on IRC that after a year of passing your test your ineligable to take it

What.. a.. fucking.. **** :(

Frizz

Can't get enough of FH
Gray said:
I wish i took twatting Pass Plus when i first passed my test, but was told on IRC that after a year of passing your test your ineligable to take it

Who told you that? Someone that has never actually driven a car?

:eek7:

Ultimate

Loyal Freddie
Gray said:

My dad wont get the car :(

Fucking fuck fuck.. I wish i took twatting Pass Plus when i first passed my test, but was told on IRC that after a year of passing your test your ineligable to take it

What.. a.. fucking.. **** :(

Just £850 for a 19 year old?! Seems like a bargain to me. Is that just third party or is that third party f&t? I'm 23 and been driving for 5 years on my dads insurance and had to fork out 750 quid for a 1.3 Micra GX third party f&t. Thats the cheapest quote i could get by far, everywhere else was over a grand. Of course living in the area i do didn't help the cause i'm sure, as when i did the same quote with my girlfriends postcode the insurance dropped by about 150 quid :(

Gray

FH is my second home
im pretty sure its 3rd Party, F&T it didnt seem like much at all to me...

Luckily, i can still do it using my "charm" (which aint really worked in the past)...

I have £300 sitting here, which was gonna be used for other stuff, but this car does seem to be much more important so im gonna say "just put this £300 towards it, and if need be i'll put more to it as well"

Better get my ebaying kicked off, get about £100 forward for it

--

I'll email the Pass Plus place, to see for certain/confirmation whether or not i can take the lessons

Tom

I am a FH squatter
Gray said:

That seems pretty cheap to me Gray, and you have the advantage of building up a no-claims bonus early. If you can, for a little extra, they will protect that bonus, most young drivers need it :D

Gray

FH is my second home
Pass Plus is a course that is taken once you have passed your Practical Test. It is an advanced driver training course designed by the Driving Standards Agency (DSA) to make newly qualified drivers become better drivers. Pass Plus can also give a number of other benefits, such as cheaper motor insurance.

Your Instructor has six areas to cover during the Pass Plus course:

1) Town Driving

2) All Weather Driving

3) Out of Town Driving

4) Night Driving

5) Dual Carriageway Driving

6) Motorway Driving

You are allowed to take your Pass Plus course up to a year after you have passed your practical driving test. You will not have to pass any further test, as when your instructor is satisfied with your performance you will receive a certificate from the DSA.

Once passed you may receive the following benefits from motor insurers supporting Pass Plus:

A one year's no claims bonus as soon as you insure your car.

No claims bonus may be deferred for up to two years if you currently drive under someone else's policy.

For more details on Pass Plus log onto the DSA site at www.passplus.org.uk

Fuck :( just got that from www.pass-plus.co.uk

*sigh*

Gray

FH is my second home
Well, as stated.. "im unable to partake in the pass plus" because ive been driving for longer than a year...

I think i could pass it without too many problems if i could, but ive picked up bad habbits, one hand on the wheel etc

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom