Can't laugh :(

Tom

I am a FH squatter
Well this is a bit shite. I slipped while stepping out if my hotel shower, fell straight onto the toilet and broke a couple of ribs. And being self employed, I have no sick leave or anything like that (accident insurance is a waste of money). So here I am, in sunny France, still working (albeit light duties), willing the searing pain away. The doctor said it'll take a month or so to heal up - ribs can't really be fixed by anything other than mother nature.

And my hand went down the toilet when it happened, the bowl was full of stale piss from the night before.

caLLous

I am a FH squatter
FH Subscriber
Which end of sunny France?

Edit: Was not sure if you meant that we're not allowed to laugh or that you can't laugh because of the pain you're in. So I gave you a funny because of the vagueness.

Last edited:

Edmond

Is now wearing thermals.....Brrrrr
Well at least you're in a nice place, hope you feel better soon

rynnor

Rockhound
I broke a couple of ribs a few years back - just avoid coughing - more irritating than terrible pain though.

Few months time you'll be fine.

fettoken

I am a FH squatter
We've all broken ribs before. It will hurt, but be gone in some time.

Edmond

Is now wearing thermals.....Brrrrr
I found it was getting up after being sat/lying down for a while was painful, but once you're up it was ok, oh yeah and the coughing too

I fell of a conservatory roof and boke 2

Turamber

Part of the furniture
Being poorly when self employed is no laughing matter, and you're right -- the insurance for such eventualities is absolutely crap. Hope you're feeling better soon.

TdC

Trem's hunky sex love muffin
I've bruised, cracked and/or broken ribs a couple times now and it's not fun. the immediate pain will go soon, but you'll be left with a really bad sensation whenever you lie back or sit up. When I had my accident earlier this year my ribs hurt so bad I had to slide myself off my bed on my back because I couldn't sit up. Hope you aren't as bad as I was Tom :(

Bahumat

FH is my second home
Sorry to hear that Tom. Wishing you a speedy recovery.

Tom

I am a FH squatter
Sleeping is the worst thing. It takes five minutes to lie down, then, two hours later, you wake up because you can't move while sleeping, as you normally do. Shuffling around to find a cold bit of mattress is agony :-(

I have concluded that this is the fault of the French people, who didn't put a mat down.

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
UL old bean. That sucks the fat one.

Deebs

Chief Arsewipe
Staff member
FH Subscriber
Done a rib in the past, hurt for about 6 weeks, heal fast Tom.

Chilly

Balls of steel
develop an addiction to opiates. that'll sort you out. sleep like a fucking log.

DaGaffer

Down With That Sorta Thing
30 years since I broke a couple of ribs and I still get a massive pain now and then if I twist right suddenly. Annoying thing is I didn't even realise I'd actually broken them at the time; I'd had a bike accident and broken my wrist and didn't know about the ribs until much later.

Ctuchik

FH is my second home
I've been lucky, i've never broken a rib. And considering how fucking stupid i was when i was young (even more then now so go figure) it's borderline sensational.

Not even my adventure at the local skateboard bowl with my bicycle netted me any broken bones, only a concussion.

Roo Stercogburn

Resident Freddy
Sorry to read of your rib tickling incident Tom.

But in true FH style...

Mmm ribs. But don't think I fancy Ribs a la Tom dans Piss.

Not even my adventure at the local skateboard bowl with my bicycle netted me any broken bones, only a concussion.

Who did you annoy and what did they throw at you? :D

Ctuchik

FH is my second home
Who did you annoy and what did they throw at you? :D

I figured it was a good idea to use a concrete skateboard bowl to see how high i could jump.

It wasn't until i was upside down 15 or so feet up that i suspected it wasn't a smart move. Dad agreed on the hospital later.

Roo Stercogburn

Resident Freddy
I figured it was a good idea to use a concrete skateboard bowl to see how high i could jump.

It wasn't until i was upside down 15 or so feet up that i suspected it wasn't a smart move. Dad agreed on the hospital later.

Ok I lol'd but you must have scared the crap out of your parents.

Access Denied

It was like that when I got here...
I can't believe none of you have said it yet! You're all slipping.

Now thats...... Piss funny! :D

soze

I am a FH squatter
I bruised some ribs playing rugby. Can only imagine how much more broken ones hurt. Ouch.

DaGaffer

Down With That Sorta Thing
I've been lucky, i've never broken a rib. And considering how fucking stupid i was when i was young (even more then now so go figure) it's borderline sensational.

I'm just one giant lump of scar tissue. Two broken wrists, broken ribs, a bunch of small bones in my hand, stitches 10 times (maybe more, I'm not certain), various random scars that didn't get stitched, especially a beauty that runs across two of my fingers. And its not just a childhood thing; the most recent one was only a couple of years ago. I'm just a giant clutz, and my younger brother was the same.

Wij

I am a FH squatter
Quick - before they heal, see how far you can bend over now.

Just out of interest like.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom