can't get drunk anymore

Chosen

Resident Freddy
There is two types of countries you avoid a drinking competition with, that being denmark and finland!

Mey

Part of the furniture
Norweigners are absolutely crap at drinking when we went Dec 2010 to Rjukan we drank the bar we went to out of glasses and my bank balance out of credit. But still we totally won.

Chosen

Resident Freddy
Norweigners are absolutely crap at drinking when we went Dec 2010 to Rjukan we drank the bar we went to out of glasses and my bank balance out of credit. But still we totally won.
You went to Rjukan, where the average age in the bars is 16 xD

Chosen

Resident Freddy
Well, I know where my next holiday is!
The fun part, is that it is actually true. A friend of mine lived there for 3 years(Rjukan is about 1,5hour drive from where I live now), and the desperation of the younger females there is just silly! So if you want something young, thats probably the best place to go ;P

Mey

Part of the furniture
Now you mention it we did go to this one bar, and these girls followed us around for a bit they said do you want to go to the upstairs bar, so we were like theres an upstairs bar? We followed had a fag then they took us to the 'old mans' bar down the road, didn't get let in, came out again and then said to us, now you buy us dinner?

I have never pissed myself laughing so much, we left them to it and went back to where we'd come from and sat in someones 'seat' and everyone looked at us funny all night. All in all a pretty funny night. Also saw to lads try to kill each other by drowning each other in snow which was an experince.

Litmus

Resident Freddy
Roo Stercogburn said:
More likely your judgement is impaired and you can't tell because you're not interacting with anyone.

That can be quite right, i can have 8 points at home and feel tipsy, but not really interact with anyone.. Then go out with friends etc have 4 points and start slurring my words.

DaGaffer

Down With That Sorta Thing

Went to Uni with loads of Norgies; let's just say the Viking flesh was willing but the spirit was weak.

Wij

I am a FH squatter
...hangover is just dehydration and lack of B/C vitamins everything else is just old wives tales

Ethanol is broken down by the enzyme alcohol dehydrogenase into acetaldehyde. Acetaldehyde makes you feel shitty. Nothing much can be done until it gets broken down by aldehyde dehydrogenase. Drinking water might get rid of a dehydration related headache but it won't touch the acetaldehyde.

Incidentally, the action of alcohol dehydrogenase is the reason why you shouldn't drink meths. Methyl alcohol still gets you pissed but alcohol deydrogenase turns it into formaldehyde. Hangover++++++++++.

Punishment

Resident Freddy
I will have a aldehyde dehydrogenase full english thanks with a side order of large poo

Litmus

Resident Freddy
I never get hang overs, never have... Sure i feel dehydrated the day after but that's it.

Oh and maybe have the beer shits.

old.Tohtori

FH is my second home
The fun part, is that it is actually true. A friend of mine lived there for 3 years(Rjukan is about 1,5hour drive from where I live now), and the desperation of the younger females there is just silly! So if you want something young, thats probably the best place to go ;P

Not to mention, if i remember correctly the legal age in Norway is 16 too :p

Not counting daddy-with-shotgun age ofcourse.

Corran

Part of the furniture
why would anyone WANT to get drunk? never understood that. lol

soze

I am a FH squatter
why would anyone WANT to get drunk? never understood that. lol
Depends on what you mean by drunk. I am an uptight anti social git with limited social skills when sober, but after a few drinks I could talk to anyone about anything. So that jolly state is that I consider drunk and what I aim for. If to you drunk means falling over spewing and fighting ect then yes I agree.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom