can't get drunk anymore

BloodOmen

I am a FH squatter
try as I might I just can't get drunk anymore :/ just had 35cl of Lambs Navy Rum, 70cl of Jack Daniels and about 27cl of Vodka and I'm not even tipsy :( fucking expensive to get drunk.

- English -

Resident Freddy
I'm pretty sure you can get drunk if you drank it in a shorter time space ;p

It reminds me of a friend who always gloated about how he never had a hangover .. but always stopped drinking at 12 :p

BloodOmen

I am a FH squatter
well, I started drinking at 2am or so :p been watching movies all night.

Raven

Fuck the Tories!
FH Subscriber
Sounds like one of the signs of alcoholism.

I cut back on my drinking substantially when I could drink 3 bottles of wine in as many hours and still feel fine.

old.Tohtori

FH is my second home
Pretty much Raven. It's also hella-unhealthy. You've basically drank 1.3L of 40% alcohol. 1.3L of beer already puts a strain on your kidneylivermuguffins. The damage is the same even if your brain keeps up.

And this "maybe too much" comes from a Finn :p

caLLous

I am a FH squatter
FH Subscriber
Oh dear, this thread has gone from "I'm awesome m8s" to "no, you're actually dying" in a matter of a few posts. :D

BloodOmen

I am a FH squatter
Sounds like one of the signs of alcoholism.

I cut back on my drinking substantially when I could drink 3 bottles of wine in as many hours and still feel fine.

First I've touched in months so there's that theory out the window.

BloodOmen

I am a FH squatter
Pretty much Raven. It's also hella-unhealthy. You've basically drank 1.3L of 40% alcohol. 1.3L of beer already puts a strain on your kidneylivermuguffins. The damage is the same even if your brain keeps up.

And this "maybe too much" comes from a Finn :p

YOU DONE THE NUMBERS MATE?!?

old.Tohtori

FH is my second home
We'd really need to know more, timeframe, shots or mixing, how did you handle it months ago, is it a hangover day and another ton of viariables ranging from medical issues to watered down drinks.

Just sounds a bit ridicilous because even the hardcore drunks get drunk from that amount of alcohol(if it's 40%).

YOU DONE THE NUMBERS MATE?!?

:coffee: <---have some.

Mey

Part of the furniture
I find now that I've drank so much that I get pissed quickly but can just carry on drinking till the cows come home.

Punishment

Resident Freddy
You actually drank Coca Cola, 7-up and ginger ale. Thanks for the free booze sucker !

Also best hangover cure is a 2 Barocca in a pint of water, hangover is just dehydration and lack of B/C vitamins everything else is just old wives tales

Chilly

Balls of steel
You actually drank Coca Cola, 7-up and ginger ale. Thanks for the free booze sucker !

Also best hangover cure is a 2 Barocca in a pint of water, hangover is just dehydration and lack of B/C vitamins everything else is just old wives tales
And you, sir, are a chump. Everyone knows a massive shit followed by a fryup is the best hangover cure.

- English -

Resident Freddy
I've been drunk 2 times in the last 2-3 years, 1 was at my brothers wedding and the other was when I went home to see some old mates. I really love waking up every morning feeling fresh and wanting to do something productive with the days, unlike the times at Uni when it was every second day :|

cHodAX

I am a FH squatter
Utterly trollied last night, woke up still pissed and starting to feel like Chernobyl went off inside my head.

Access Denied

It was like that when I got here...
I stopped drinking when I could drink a pub sized bottle fo JD in 2 hours and be perfectly sober. Was too expensive to get drunk! Roll forward 6 years and it still takes about 15 pints of Magners to get me trollied. Although Stella Cidre does a bloody good job after about 10 :rolleyes:

Personally I now prefer drinking Disaronno and Coke, Ice cold of course. YOu can drink that all night, get completely wankered and never even taste the alcohol :D

PLightstar

Part of the furniture
Well I recently found out I can't drink Vodka anymore, used to be able to drink it like water, but now it burns my throat so much that my voice either disappears the next day or have a gravel to my voice for a couple of days. Sign of getting older I suppose. Moved anyway from cheaper larger and now moving into ales and non-fizzy beers.

Roo Stercogburn

Resident Freddy
try as I might I just can't get drunk anymore :/ just had 35cl of Lambs Navy Rum, 70cl of Jack Daniels and about 27cl of Vodka and I'm not even tipsy :( fucking expensive to get drunk.

More likely your judgement is impaired and you can't tell because you're not interacting with anyone.

soze

I am a FH squatter
My ability to get drunk depends on my mood. When I am miserable / pissed off I do not get the happy feeling "being jolly" that I associate as being drunk. So while I still could not drive I do not see myself as drunk as I am missing the key reason for having a few drinks. IE more outgoing and happier to have a laugh with a random.

eksdee

FH is my second home
I drink alcoholic beverages because I enjoy them, I actually don't really like getting drunk at all. Call me crazy.

Punishment

Resident Freddy
Same as Ekedee tbh, getting pissed is never a goal did that enough when i was 17-19.

Generally have 2-3 nice beers like Zyweic on tap and prey on the blathered ladies

megadave

I am a FH squatter
I get drunk depending on how much I drink and how much ive eaten, like everyone else (except internet bullshitters obviously)

Last night the pub was doing 2-pint glasses for the football, i got drunk :(

Everz

FH is my second home
King drinker here. Bring it.

tumblr_m5xob51Av41r3gb3zo1_250.gif

DaGaffer

Down With That Sorta Thing
I'm happy to admit I no longer have any desire or interest in getting drunk for the sake of it, and know my limits. I don't think I've been properly drunk in 2-3 years.

Of course back in the day I'd have drunk all you pussies under the table and gone back for more, because you're all poofs. etc.

Lakih

Resident Freddy
I don't really get drunk anymore, but i don't drink more then a few times per year. I get tipsy but with a clear mind of what im doing all the time. When younger i could lose it completly and have some major blackouts the next day... not so fun. Primary goal now is to have a nice time with good friends and good food/drink, not get pissed.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom