Cannot update (1.88)?

Tosen

Part of the furniture
I get the Error Message (308) when updating on Windows Vista
and the Error Message (304) when updating on windows xp pro-danish

Caylan Raal

Fledgling Freddie
dl'd the updates... and can somehow login to a server that is down via the quick entry in laby 0o....

d@n.dk

One of Freddy's beloved
hmmm..

Seems like Vista might be the problem .. ?

Pc with Xp seems okay

Sharkz2004

Fledgling Freddie
my xp comp updated and connects fine.. my vista comp updated good, started up the game, but while logging in a char it gives a APPCRASH error.. worked fine on vista before the patch tho ;/

d@n.dk

One of Freddy's beloved
Got it :D ..

You need to change settings in Vista... So you aint logged in as a " standard " user.. but as an Admin ..

Download again ... and you are in :)

I know you need to change some crazy shit with it, read it in the 1.89 patch notes. Check the herald or something for answers!

Code:
GAME CLIENT CHANGES FOR VISTA COMPATIBILITY

In order to make Dark Age of Camelot Vista compatible, all files that the game client generates are now written to a user directory. By default, each user on Vista is a Standard User and only has limited access control. A Standard User does not have permissions to write to common locations, such as the root directory of the game. Therefore, we have made a few changes to the way the game handles files it generates in order to make DAOC fully Vista compatible. The changes affect everyone, not just Vista users. Read on :

Two or more folders will be created. One folder will be for storing files that the user can easily access such as screen shots and log files. The second is for storing user settings and character settings that do not require direct access by the user.

Folder 1 - for screen shots and log files :

Windows XP, Windows 98 and Windows 98 Second Edition :
Documents and Settings\My Documents\Electronic Arts\Dark Age of Camelot

Vista :
Users\My Documents\Electronic Arts\Dark Age of Camelot

Folder 2 - for user settings and character settings :

Windows XP, Windows 98 and Windows 98 Second Edition :
Documents and Settings\(User)\Application Data\Electronic Arts\Dark Age of Camelot\(DAoC Client)

Vista :
Users\(User)\AppData\Roaming\Electronic Arts\Dark Age of Camelot\(DAoC Client)

The last bits "(DAoC Client)" are the names of the different clients :

"LotM" = Labyrinth of the Minotaur
"DR" = Darkness Rising
"Catacombs" = Catacombs
"TOA" = Trials of Atlantis

For example, the folder of the Darkness Rising client is the following one :
…\Electronic Arts\Dark Age of Camelot\DR

No one should fear losing any user settings or individual character settings. The game will take care of copying all of the affected files to the new folder location.

Files that will be automatically copied from the current location into the new folder :
(character name)-(Server).ini
(character name)-(Server).ign
user.dat

You must login as each character in order to have each character .ini and .ign copy to the new folder location.

Note : The "Application Data" folder for XP and earlier, and the "AppData" folder for Vista, are hidden folders.

When you navigate there, you will have to set your "display hidden files" under Folder Options in order to find it. (Go to C :\Documents and Settings\(whatever your user name is) - click "Tools" - click "Folder Options" - click the "View" tab - scroll until you see "Hidden files and folders" - click the radio button that says "Show hidden files and folders" - click "Apply" - click "OK.")

Log files and screen shots will not be moved, but new versions will appear in the new folder as they are created.

That should be ze info you're looking for.

Sharkz2004

Fledgling Freddie
the patch notes only say that you have to be an administrator instead of standard user... but then it still wont work ;/

d@n.dk

One of Freddy's beloved
you're right... getting some error popup here now.. windows Vista problem it says

Tosen

Part of the furniture
Message error 308 when trying to log in from character selection screen.... on 2 diff. vista PC's...

Also... characters in the character selection screen have VERY strange colours...

Aedelle

Fledgling Freddie
My colors in char selection screen are strange after patching (skin color is pink) and when i try to log in i get error too, using windows vista :/

Sharkz2004

Fledgling Freddie
same here my faces are pink in character login screen... vnboard has also some topics about the problem on 1.88 on us servers, seems they really f*cked up vista support

d@n.dk

One of Freddy's beloved
I like this part from News 13/7-07

Finally, Dark Age of Camelot becomes fully Vista compatible.

:twak:

Sharkz2004

Fledgling Freddie
ok im tired of configuring this crap os.. im reinstalling xp again,... will try it again when i need dx10 for crysis with vista.... good luck tho guys

Tosen

Part of the furniture
Problemsignatur:
Navn på problemhændelse: APPCRASH
Programnavn: game.dll
Programversion: 0.1.5.2
Tidsstempel for program: 465c9706
Fejlmodulnavn: game.dll
Fejlmodulversion: 0.1.5.2
Tidsstempel for fejlmodul: 465c9706
Undtagelseskode: c0000005
Undtagelsesforskydning: 000a7aef
OS-version: 6.0.6000.2.0.0.768.3
Landestandard-id: 1030
Yderligere oplysninger 1: 8e6c
Yderligere oplysninger 2: 1b715ff0c81dea5faddc78bfa1489c84
Yderligere oplysninger 3: b66a
Yderligere oplysninger 4: 4dc8b76e6ef977e8b1b6e363fdb4fabc

Danish version of Error Explanation for the vista error

d@n.dk

One of Freddy's beloved
This cant be right... How difficult can it be, to make the game Vistacombatible ?????

Are you ( read GOA ) trying to make the last few people in here to do /theend ...

Almost made it ..... :touch:

Aedelle

Fledgling Freddie
Version 1.88 : Here you go !

The servers are now available and you can continue all your adventures if you updated your client during the downtime. If you did not update, it will take you about 10 minutes to download the new files. The test period was longer than expected because of the great quantity of new content that was implemented, but we did not run into any severe problems. Nevertheless, if you spot any issue, please report it to our customer support. We have found that some Windows Vista users still seem to be running into some problems. We are working on the issue and hope to have found a solution as soon as possible.

Checked german forums (my mother tongue), they have exactly the same problem.

d@n.dk

One of Freddy's beloved
Roaken ( GM ) came up with a soolution ... he is gonna post it in here, dont know when though .. guess he is working on it atm ..

( i could say what it is.. but if it isnt the right one.. ill let you kick him instead of me ..:ninja: )

d@n.dk

One of Freddy's beloved
aye.. :(

Ok... donno whether this is right... but i deleted daoc... and reinstaling atm.... gona post in here if it does

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom