Cannavaro voted European Footballer of the Year

soze

I am a FH squatter
Cannavaro 1 Buffon 2

How do two players from a team found guilty of buying the leaugue literally through bungs and match fixing ect who did not even make it to champions league final get first and second in europes player of the season. I know not personally but still via thier club

Im with with wenger Eto or Henry champs leauge final and both had good un paid for seasons. What the fuck should the world cup have to do with those two getting first and second when there club side had such disgraceful season.

Gorbachioo

Fledgling Freddie
Isnt it about the players personal performance, rather than the clubs succes? :touch:

In my opinion Cannavaro certainly deserves it :)

Vladamir

FH is my second home
Tbh, whoever won the world cup (if it was a european team), the cap'n would be named player of the year :p

soze

I am a FH squatter
Gorbachioo said:
Isnt it about the players personal performance, rather than the clubs succes? :touch:

In my opinion Cannavaro certainly deserves it :)

Im sorry a player for a team that paid for wins could play shite and still get wins and in the champions league games i watched he was nothing special. Many better defenders in europe.

Thadius

Part of the furniture
soze said:
Im sorry a player for a team that paid for wins could play shite and still get wins and in the champions league games i watched he was nothing special. Many better defenders in europe.
Woodgate for a start, he should get an award just for the shit he has put up with for past 3 seasons, or since he left Leeds!

old.Tohtori

FH is my second home
No no no...you're all missing the key point here. Who gives a f*ck, It's soccer. :D

soze

I am a FH squatter
old.Tohtori said:
No no no...you're all missing the key point here. Who gives a f*ck, It's soccer. :D
The millions of people a week who pay to watch it care and its a shame your so americanised even they call it american football the only reason they cant have Football and American Football is the jocks are far to dumb and roided up to remember both names. I really though you were smarter than the yanks ;)

Tasslehoff

Fledgling Freddie
Weak. Henry has much more class in my eyes. Hell, I could name 5 defenders that are better than Cannavaro (at the moment, he has been ace throughout the world cup, gotta give him that!)
Maybe it was some kind of social-award. Have to give a defender some kind of award once in a while :p

Bugz

Fledgling Freddie
soze said:
The millions of people a week who pay to watch it care and its a shame your so americanised even they call it american football the only reason they cant have Football and American Football is the jocks are far to dumb and roided up to remember both names. I really though you were smarter than the yanks ;)

A-fuckin-men!

Wonk

Can't get enough of FH
Tasslehoff said:
Hell, I could name 5 defenders that are better than Cannavaro

Gravgaard, Hangeland, Jacobsen, Wendt, Tomassen ? :p

old.Tohtori

FH is my second home
soze said:

*chuckle* I'm not "americanasid". I just know it pushes all the right buttons on footie fans when i call it soccer ;)

No hards, peace :)

Cerb

I am a FH squatter
I rekon he won it cause of the world cup performance.....and why is the way juve bought the league any less acceptable then the way chelsea have done it for the last 2 years (Bring on the flame)....or like man u did 5or6 years ago to a much lesser extent?(yes im a bitter man u fan)

soze

I am a FH squatter
old.Tohtori said:
*chuckle* I'm not "americanasid". I just know it pushes all the right buttons on footie fans when i call it soccer ;)

I know i was only joking but your right it pisses me off loads, if it ever gets renamed the Soccer World Cup i will invade the states

And yes it must be because of the world cup what that has to do with a domestic award i will never know

Calaen

I am a massive cock who isn't firing atm!
Cerb said:
I rekon he won it cause of the world cup performance.....and why is the way juve bought the league any less acceptable then the way chelsea have done it for the last 2 years (Bring on the flame)....or like man u did 5or6 years ago to a much lesser extent?(yes im a bitter man u fan)

Do you even know what Juventus did? They were found guilty of influencing matches not by spending lots of money on players you dip shit.

5 or 6 years ago Man Utd had a team full of home grown talent so you can stick the buying the trophies comment up your arse. You clearly are not a football supporter, the fact you call your self one shows eveyone on these boards that you have indeed forgot to take your daily pill allowance now please fuck off.

Chronictank

FH is my second home
old.Tohtori said:

You should have said
"ronaldo for player of the year"
cristian_ronaldo.jpg

and watch english people go mad :d

Cerb

I am a FH squatter
Fuck you you fuckin up ur own arse twat what i know that juve fixed the matched and such but they payed to do so as was siad earlier in the thred and b4 u go gettin all pissed off cause of the man u comment i fuckin support them as well what the fuck is your problem that as soon as you dont agree with someone you say " oh fuck off home" and shit bout pills so tell ya what fuck you mmk?

CorNokZ

Currently a stay at home dad
Wonk said:
Gravgaard, Hangeland, Jacobsen, Wendt, Tomassen ? :p
For an example yes :p

But I'd go like this:

Gravgaard, Hangeland, Jacobsen, Wendt and Bergdölmo!

Dan the Man hasn't played alot this season :(

Calaen

Cerb said:
Fuck you you fuckin up ur own arse twat what i know that juve fixed the matched and such but they payed to do so as was siad earlier in the thred and b4 u go gettin all pissed off cause of the man u comment i fuckin support them as well what the fuck is your problem that as soon as you dont agree with someone you say " oh fuck off home" and shit bout pills so tell ya what fuck you mmk?

you also said it was not any different from Man Utd or Chelsea doing it, and it couldnt be further from that could it?

You say you support Man Utd but you would have known that 5 years ago they were not buying titles they were winning them with a team full of home growns. So please come back when you actually know what you are talking about.

soze

I am a FH squatter
Chronictank said:
You should have said
"ronaldo for player of the year"
cristian_ronaldo.jpg

and watch english people go mad :d

No because why would a player who did not make it past the group stages of the champions leauge and did not win his domestic leauge win it. I have always said Henry will never win that untill he wins the champions leauge but after this year im wondering if that will be enough.

And for my money the best defender in Europe last season was Jamie Carragher always solid even though hes carrying Hypia now hes getting older. But i do not think he deserves the Player of the Year.

Calaen

soze said:
No because why would a player who did not make it past the group stages of the champions leauge and did not win his domestic leauge win it. I have always said Henry will never win that untill he wins the champions leauge but after this year im wondering if that will be enough.

And for my money the best defender in Europe last season was Jamie Carragher always solid even though hes carrying Hypia now hes getting older. But i do not think he deserves the Player of the Year.

Yeah gotta feel for Henry tbh.

Cerb

I am a FH squatter
Calaen said:
you also said it was not any different from Man Utd or Chelsea doing it, and it couldnt be further from that could it?

You say you support Man Utd but you would have known that 5 years ago they were not buying titles they were winning them with a team full of home growns. So please come back when you actually know what you are talking about.

tbh mate the only reason i mentioned man utd was to try to stop the inevitable flame from chealsea/liverpool/arsenal supporters and yes i know bout the nevillesm beckham, scholes,giggsbutt and all the rest i was just tryin not to be biased so calm the fuck down wasnt tryin to rile nyone up so much with the post

Calaen

Cerb said:
tbh mate the only reason i mentioned man utd was to try to stop the inevitable flame from chealsea/liverpool/arsenal supporters and yes i know bout the nevillesm beckham, scholes,giggsbutt and all the rest i was just tryin not to be biased so calm the fuck down wasnt tryin to rile nyone up so much with the post

I know that my point still stands though, comparing Juventus fixing scam to Man Utd and Chelsea buying good players to win a league is an absolute joke :) Its nothing like it.

Wonk

Can't get enough of FH
CorNokZ said:
For an example yes :p

But I'd go like this:

Gravgaard, Hangeland, Jacobsen, Wendt and Bergdölmo!

Dan the Man hasn't played alot this season :(

Bergdölmo is shit these days. He's far too slow.

Marc

FH is my second home
Cerb said:

Dude, you are missing the point. It wasnt Cannavaro that "fixed" matches (they werent even fixed anyway), it was the management, so this should have no bearing on wether he wins footballer of the year or not. The only bearing it should have is on Juventus FC, which it did, as they were relagted

soze

I am a FH squatter
Marc said:
Dude, you are missing the point. It wasnt Cannavaro that "fixed" matches (they werent even fixed anyway), it was the management, so this should have no bearing on wether he wins footballer of the year or not. The only bearing it should have is on Juventus FC, which it did, as they were relagted

The matches were fixed refs were paid money to give dodgey off side calls and penaltys when they were losing that is about as fixed as a game gets. Unless things have changed since the last BBC artial i read.

Marc

FH is my second home
soze said:
The matches were fixed refs were paid money to give dodgey off side calls and penaltys when they were losing that is about as fixed as a game gets. Unless things have changed since the last BBC artial i read.

The refs were not paid money to give dodgy off sides and penatlies at all. The refs didnt receive any money (as far as im aware). It was the governing body (like the english FA). Juventus et all, made sure the refs reffing the games, were sympathetic to their club. A bit like Everton getting me to ref them as im an everton fan. Of course I wouldnt give blatant penalties away, but if it was a 50-50 call id be more obliged to give the penalty etc

Gibbo

Fledgling Freddie
Marc said:
The refs were not paid money to give dodgy off sides and penatlies at all. The refs didnt receive any money (as far as im aware). It was the governing body (like the english FA). Juventus et all, made sure the refs reffing the games, were sympathetic to their club. A bit like Everton getting me to ref them as im an everton fan. Of course I wouldnt give blatant penalties away, but if it was a 50-50 call id be more obliged to give the penalty etc

And lets face it with Andy Johnson in the side there are a fair few "50-50's" in the penalty area :p

soze

I am a FH squatter
Marc said:

According to the BBC artical i read thats what the other clubs who ended up with the little fines did and juve were alot worse paying the refs hence the bitch slapping punishment. Like i say its just from what i read and explains the difference in punishments.

Calaen

Gibbo said:
And lets face it with Andy Johnson in the side there are a fair few "50-50's" in the penalty area :p

Johson should have had alot more penalties given to him this season tbh. He is very quick with the ball and deserves more protection.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom