Can you please fix ToA lag?

Belorfyn

Fledgling Freddie
13:30 cet, 144 Mids online, 1-3 second lag in ToA. Not as bad as peak tiems but now it's starting to show up when there's hardly any players online too!

This is getting SILLY. How can GOA not to notice this they just gotta go online, happens during office hours now too.

Fafnir

Resident Freddy
During the weekend its been really terrible in the toa zoned, toa dungeons work ok atleast. Will report to right now when i get home. Much help that will do.

IainC

English WAR Community Manager
I know the lag exists. I've experienced it myself, it's honestly not that we don't believe you when you report it. The trouble is pinning down where it comes from and what's causing it. Mid ToA is on the same part of the cluster as some other busy zones and if there was a problem with the box or the network in that area, we'd expect the lag to manifest in those other areas as well. ToA zones will always be laggier than other zones because the area is all one huge zone with lots of objects for the server to keep track of and therefore a lot of data to send to and from your client. There's no way however that there should be 15 second lag on ToA and no appreciable lag on another zone hosted on the same box.

This is why fixing it isn't just a matter of upgrading the box, beefing up the network or optimising the connections. The fact that the lag comes and goes at apparently random intervals, isn't tied to the number of people in the zone and has previously disappeared for long periods of time makes troubleshooting it a nightmare.

As I've said, we are looking into it and we are trying to solve it. With NF the servers are all getting upgraded again and perhaps this will fix it. In the meantime we are working on it. The replies you get from tech support when you report the lag are the standard diagnostics for general connection difficulties, it's hard for them (as they are not gamers, don't understand the game terms and do not read these forums) to appreciate the difference between 'I have bad lag when playing the game' and 'I have bad lag in a specific zone' in a RightNow report.

Gizor

Fledgling Freddie
Requiel said:
(as they are not gamers, don't understand the game terms and do not read these forums)

Not the best persons for the job then, ey?

Otherwise, thanks for answering Requiel, though I can not imagine you've been looking into this very hard, as it has been like this since release (as said 100 times.)...oh well.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom