Can you belive the cheek of this...

K

kemor

Hello there,

Coming around in this heated thread to try to put some cool water on it if possible.
While we did have accounts that were flagged to be renewed once, these are nearly all fixed now (meaning that the account owners got the correct reimbursement). This affected a very small amount of account, it happened once and they were dealt with on a case by case basis.
I won't go into details here, but this case has nothing to do with the problem I described above and is being "sorted"...

As for account information sent via postal mail, depending on where you live, it can take from 2 days to 2 weeks, that's postal mail for you...It can of course take years if you actually never gave the correct address or did not keep it up to date...

A

Addlcove

Originally posted by kemor
While we did have accounts that were flagged to be renewed once, these are nearly all fixed now (meaning that the account owners got the correct reimbursement). This affected a very small amount of account

sorry to disagree here kemor as your rare appearance here realyl shouldn´t be mared by anything, BUT- I was not reimbursed by GOA when 4 closed accounts where reopened and 80 euro withdrawn from my bank account, I had to file a CNP at my bank to have VISA pay back the money because, I´m afraid to say, of the ineptitude of either unwilling and grumpy supporters or supporters lacking in english skills.

I am well aware that GOA and especially you and Zargar as the public front are working very hard to correct things, but I think you should point out to someone higher up that if the supporters have bad english skills they really shouldn´t be on english support, getting some standard reply/denial because the supporter was unable to comprehend the full meaning of a request is unproffesional.

you might say that the case in question in this thread is a completely different issue, but then have a look at my issue a few weeks back.

4 accounts that belonged to friends who borrowed my VISA was reopened, I was unable to do anything because 4 said friends had stopped playing and I was unable to get a hold of either of them (friends from a dorm I lived in when I started playing DAoC)

GOA/Rightnow refused to aid me in any way

http://forums.game.net/showthread.php?s=&threadid=88255

and I would like a clarification on this

Response (CS) 10/21/2003 10:22 AM
Greetings,

By automatic renewal, we just ask our financial partner (bibit) to send an order of payment to your bank, so we do not need your credit card information. This bug consisted in setting the auto renew for a few accounts, be ensure that this bug was already corrected and all the unauthorized amounts will be refunded. We apologize for any inconvenience.

Yours sincerely,
European Dark Age of Camelot Customer Support
----

I would have thought that meant that you knew what accounts where being reopened by accident and hence closed them again and reimbursed people that was not aware about their account being reopened.. yet we still hear stories about people finding out they´ve been "playing" again for 2-3 months without knowing....

I find the lack of information and service comming from GOA very disapointing, and I apologise for bringing all of this down on you Kemor but unfortunatly you are our only link to GOA whatsoever.... Rightnow is next to useless until you hire people with fluent english

- this might be prejudiced by me but I have always been under the impression that french people are so proud of their own language that they refuse to learn english, true or not I don´t know -

that would be it, for now :)

F

Falcon

this might be prejudiced by me but I have always been under the impression that french people are so proud of their own language that they refuse to learn english, true or not I don´t know
To be fair, I think us Brits are less open to learning new languages than anywhere else.

All the same, Kemor, thank you for answering questions but as Addlcove pointed out, this definetely wasn't a one off, it's happened multiple times, and to top it off, some people have found out it's happened to them, re-closed their account only to have it happen to them a second time shortly after.

C

cHodAX

Originally posted by Falcon

All the same, Kemor, thank you for answering questions but as Addlcove pointed out, this definetely wasn't a one off, it's happened multiple times, and to top it off, some people have found out it's happened to them, re-closed their account only to have it happen to them a second time shortly after.

Says it all really. Anyway I am going to give the subscription email one last shot, if I get no joy then I will leave my other 2 accounts closed and look for another game I guess. I had the same problem with Mightygames back when I played Jumpgate. It was dealt with and refunded in 10 days, I don't see why it has been so hard for GOA to do the same.

J

Jonaldo

Originally posted by Falcon
I think the few times Sanya's (perhaps accidently) slagged GOA off answers this one. There's been a fair few hints that Mythic themselves think GOA is a bunch of incompetent 'tards, and they're right.
Of course no more or less 'tards than Mythic themselves though, although this is a separate argument.

F

Falcon

Not that you'd know of course Cornell, seeing as you've never ever played directly via Mythic who are actually very competent as an MMOG provider and haven't even played euro for a long while afaik.

As an MMOG provider, playing the US version Mythic have done a far better job than SOE, OSI or GOA have done in the various MMOGs I've ever played.

As I said before, don't slate things you know nothing about Cornell, it just makes you look (more) stupid.

C

cHodAX

I think he meant more along the lines of their attitude towards balancing/patching and not thier actual running of the game servers. That said, he should have been clearer as Mythic do seem to have a solid reputation for the actual running of the servers.

T

tris-

lo again,
i have an update about what is happening with me -
(read from the bottom up)
Response (CS) 12/01/2003 07:43 PM
Hello,

In order to make the verifications possible, would you please send us your CDkey's numbers and your game login.

Thanks in advance for your next reply.

Yours sincerely,
---------------------------------------------

please, please, read what i am typing. my account was closed for a month and then it 'magicaly' reopend and you charged me for 1 months of play and then closed my account when i complained about it (look back at my old questions, you will see there). if i am not making my self clear, then say so instead of spouting out unrelated rubbish. you clearly dont see the seriousness of what theft and fraud are. maybe in france people dont care if you commit crimes but in the UK we do.

Response (CS) 11/29/2003 04:33 PM

Hello,

If you decide to "terminate" your subscription, as it written in the "GENERAL SUBSCRIPTION CONDITIONS DARK AGE OF CAMELOT" (second paragraph) : "If you wish to end your subscription, you must inform GOA at least seven (7) days before the end of the current subscription period by going to the heading ' Account ' accessible on the site http://www.camelot-europe.com and by clicking on the link ' terminate my subscription '. Your subscription will then be terminated after the end of the current subscription period (...)".

Yours sincerely,

no you are misunderstanding me, i KNOW FOR A FACT the money is being taken from my bank account. My account keeps being opend, i get charged for it then the account is closed. i complained about this before and i was just told "all transactions are final".

Response (CS) 11/28/2003 02:53 PM
Hello,

If you have problems with your invoice, may you please visit our official website : https://secure.bibit.com/www/consumers.html

If it doesn’t answer your request, don’t hesitate to contact us again.

Yours sincerely,

C

cHodAX

Tris, that is almost word for word what I got from them. Now I get an email today saying that I never disabled auto-renew and it is my fault. As if I would pay since August and NEVER log onto the account in all that time? They are ducking and dodging this issue, afraid to admit they fucked up.

T

tris-

i know for a fact auto renew was disabled, since ive only used it once in 2 yrs.

B

Blood

it seems obviously to me that GOA should be sending their customers an email when they:

1. open account (v)
2. make payment (v)
3. activate autorenewal (-)
4. deactivate autorenewal (-)
5. 3 days before closing account, or performing autorenewal (-)
6. close account(v)

I cant see any customer service related reasons why not to send the rest of these important mails.

O

old.Baritone

Well ive also been overcharged, Not on a closed account but on the one i use, Charged twice in October:(

Ive used rightnow and got a automated reply, Ive updated it twice since in the last two weeks but no response at all..

Z

Zill

Originally posted by kemor
Hello there,

Coming around in this heated thread to try to put some cool water on it if possible.
While we did have accounts that were flagged to be renewed once, these are nearly all fixed now (meaning that the account owners got the correct reimbursement). This affected a very small amount of account, it happened once and they were dealt with on a case by case basis.
I won't go into details here, but this case has nothing to do with the problem I described above and is being "sorted"...

As for account information sent via postal mail, depending on where you live, it can take from 2 days to 2 weeks, that's postal mail for you...It can of course take years if you actually never gave the correct address or did not keep it up to date...

If customers have had their money taken without their authorisation, GOA have a legal obligation to listen to their complaints, conduct a thorough investigation and then reply personally, instead of sending out automated messages reiterating contract TaCs which is not the correct procedures and only raises doubt to the professionalism of GOA's customer services - particularly dealing with English speaking people. If there was an issue where accounts where being flagged to auto-renew, then just maybe these people have been effected by it too. And due to the serious nature of the complaints, only those fluent in English should deal with their queries. This way, they can understand exactly what they're dealing with.

F

Falcon

Blood, I've noticed that even the making payment e-mail is random. I've known people who have had it every payment and I've only had it about 3 times out of perhaps 10 manual payments or so.

A

Addlcove

I´ve never received a single email from GOA telling me I had payed.

only recieved the ones saying "your account has been terminated"

F

Flimgoblin

I get receipts/invoices for all my payments - it might be the ones that shouldn't have been going through(e.g. addl's 4 accounts) weren't generating receipts/invoices either.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom