Can you belive the cheek of this...

C

cHodAX

Originally posted by tris-
this happend to me. i cancled my sub, a week later my account was opend againd and GOA took £8 off me. i emailed kemor and said sorry nothing can be done, send a msg through rightnow. i sent a msg and they said sorry all transactions are final or some such bull shit. i said 'but youve taken the money without my consent which is illegal' , im sorry but all transactions are final. i threatend them with legal action and then they shut my account down..

but didnt give my money back!

Feking hell, this gets worse and worse. Going to have to start an anti-GOA page if this carries on and warn potential new customers of the problems. Infact, it might be time to start writing letters and emails to news sites like 'The Register' as well as magazines.

T

tris-

emailed kemor this -

"I think you should read this link and tell who ever needs to be told to stop this rubbish now. GOA has no right to take money from peoples accounts without consent and they cannot use that "all transactions are final" bull crap as a way to get out of it. For a start they are breaking the law bigtime, commiting fraud and theft and god knows what else. Saying all transactions are final isnt a instant legal safety thing that means you can steal stuff from people. Its like me stealing your bank details, buying a load of stuff and telling the police "sorry that was all final, who cares if i stole the money? it was final!". If this doesnt stop you can god damn count on it i will be talking to the trading standards and getting legal advice.

http://forums.game.net/showthread.php?s=&threadid=93498&perpage=25&pagenumber=1"

btw im gonna look on The regs site for an email address or something.

E

etaew

my m8s going through this atm with his account being reactivated .. pfft.. when do goa stop with the cockups... im lucky i dont have auto renew on my account and just pay 1 month at a time

A

Aremeriel

Originally posted by etaew
my m8s going through this atm with his account being reactivated .. pfft.. when do goa stop with the cockups... im lucky i dont have auto renew on my account and just pay 1 month at a time

So did I, but after the downtime related to the hacking incident, my account suddenly was on auto-renewal, which it has NEVER been before. But, you would have noticed if it had changed by now.. ;)

H

hellraisermk2

I recieved the same reply from GOA the month aftrer I'd cancelled my account.

The auto renew function magically turned itself on, even though I'd never used it in 23 months. Goa's response was basically, 'tough shit, we're debiting your account, go **** yourself.'

I've told the bank to refuse any future attempts to debit my account, but that months subs is gone now. Thieving bastards can rot. They're not going to see another penny from myself :)

P

Pixie.Pebr

Had the same problem with an account I don't use anymore.
I RightNow'd it and after a few mails back and forth...
I got a refund! :D

I took great pains to explain exactly the problem, be concise and (above all) polite to the extreme.
Noone likes to help someone calling you a "f'in retard", "frogeater", "dumbass" or the like.
If I sat at customer support and got a mail from someone I knew had been flaming me (or the company), I'd sure as hell be very slow in helping.
Or just grab another months pay from the account out of spite.
:m00:

O

old.tRoG

They did this to me on both of my accounts, and I've received no money back.

S

SilverHood

Could always go to the police if you get nothing back.

It's blatantly fraud.

D

Driwen

Originally posted by SilverHood
Could always go to the police if you get nothing back.

It's blatantly fraud.

but you probably will have to contact the french police though, so that makes it slightly harder to do?

Z

Zill

Originally posted by cHodAX
GOA reopened an old account of mine with autorenew even though I cancelled it almost 4 months ago. I sent them an email and this is what I got back.

'Response (CS) - 11/15/2003 09:41 AM
Dear customer,

We're sorry for not being able to help you, but once the transaction succeeded, there is no way back.

We advice you if you don't want to be billed anymore to cancel your subscription, you must go to the official site in the "My account" header (using your account login/password), at least one week before the end of your current subscription.

You just have to check the I don't want to renew my subscription and validate. This will cancel your subscription automatically.'

I will be damned if I let them off with this, £22 aint alot but I am not paying for thier mistakes, no god damn way.

If they took money from your bank account unauthorised, then I suggest you email them again, politely asking for the amount refunded back or you will seek legal advice on the matter.

F

Falcon

Originally posted by Driwen
but you probably will have to contact the french police though, so that makes it slightly harder to do?
Bring in the UN IMO.

C

cHodAX

Re: Re: Can you belive the cheek of this...

Originally posted by Zill
If they took money from your bank account unauthorised, then I suggest you email them again, politely asking for the amount refunded back or you will seek legal advice on the matter.

Been doing that for 3 weeks bud, no joy at all. They haven't even updated the rightnow report for the last 10 days.

K

kameh

Someone get Kemor/Zargar in here to sort this out so that it doesn't happen again. It's happened once on my account months ago (fortunately I noticed when I went to make sure it was being paid - know I'd cancelled it).

Z

Zill

Re: Re: Re: Can you belive the cheek of this...

Been doing that for 3 weeks bud, no joy at all. They haven't even updated the rightnow report for the last 10 days.

Email them again with 'Important' in the title heading. Stress that you have been patiently waiting a reply for some time, and conclude by clearly stating that unless you receive a satisfactory response back in relation to your complaint within a certain period of time (2 days should be adequate), then you will seek legal advice on the matter.

Perhaps in the meantime you could contact the CAB and explain to them the situation where they can advise and assist you accordingly.

A

Addlcove

had this happened to me (and silverhood even spelled my name correctly! YAY)

using VISA though so I sorted it with bank and got a new VISA which I don´t intend to use with GOA anymore, in short, when my current subscription ends there is a 90% chance of me being off for good, I love the game, but I cannot afford to have goa randomly withdraw 80 eur from my account and do fuck all about it (I politely emailed them and explained.. thread with emails is somewhere around here :))

trying out SW:G atm and I like it so far, not sure I´m gonna play it as it´s more expensive than DAoC but I´m gonna get full enjoyement out of my free month that´s for sure.

if _anyone_ is considering legal actions against GOA feel free to call me in to testify :)

remember one thing though, IT IS NOT THE SUPPORT WHO DENIES YOUR CLAIM... so don´t take it out on them.

C

cHodAX

Re: Re: Re: Re: Can you belive the cheek of this...

Originally posted by Zill
Email them again with 'Important' in the title heading. Stress that you have been patiently waiting a reply for some time, and conclude by clearly stating that unless you receive a satisfactory response back in relation to your complaint within a certain period of time (2 days should be adequate), then you will seek legal advice on the matter.

Perhaps in the meantime you could contact the CAB and explain to them the situation where they can advise and assist you accordingly.

Did that earlier today, just got the following back which is a cryptic answer to an easy question to say the very least.

Response (CS) - 12/01/2003 04:20 PM
Dear customer,

We have canceled your subscription as you no longer log on to the game, thus your account will be closed at the end of the current period , we mean the 15.02.2004

Sorry for the inconvenience.

Yours sincerely,

I have been asking them for weeks why they have billed my closed account (closed since August) and this is the reply. In previous emails they have said it was ;

My fault for not cancelling even though I proved I had cancelled a month before the hack incident
A problem with my billing information

Now I get the above response :( My bank won't help as it was a regualr payment on my switch card and no a one off. I am at the end of my tether, 3 weeks on and no nearer a refund.

Z

Zill

It could be a language thing. You need to either escalate it to someone higher in authority or find someone fluent in French to write to them on your behalf. You do have a strong case, so don't give up. And don't worry about the banks unable to intervene, this is perfectly normal in such circumstances.

K

Krakatau

I'd like to see an official statement of this from both GOA & Mythic....

GOA explaining why the increased subscription fees only got us worse support than before - and almost blatantly ripping people off by activating closed down accounts ...

Mythic stating if this if a business partner they're satisfied with...

I'm not a big fan of USA, but they sure know how to handle things like this... -> SUE 'EM ALL !!

B

Blood

dont go threatening with "legal actions" that means you threatend with a lawsuit regarding a few €, and that just makes you look silly, since lawsuits costs waaay much more, and most courts wont even take that small disputes.

if anything you report it to your local police, or goa's local police

S

SilverHood

How do I escalte it to a higher authority?

try the main BW general forum

I'm pretty sure someone will know there.
Otherwise ask at your local police station.

Z

Zill

Originally posted by Blood
dont go threatening with "legal actions" that means you threatend with a lawsuit regarding a few €, and that just makes you look silly, since lawsuits costs waaay much more, and most courts wont even take that small disputes.

if anything you report it to your local police, or goa's local police

No ones mentioned 'lawsuits' or 'legal action', read the statement more clearly. If money has been withdrawn from someone's bank account without authorisation, and those responsible refuse to refund the amount, then whoever's money had been taken has every right to seek legal advice and to make it clear in writing their intentions to so.

And it doesn't come under Civil Law, it's fraud which is a criminal offence.

I

iluvatur

<awaits a public response from zargar/kemor>

C

Cavex ElSaviour

Write a letter to wanadoo directly

Wanadoo
48 Rue Camille Desmoulins
92791 Issy Les Moulineaux
Cedex 9
France

or call them ofc
The direct phone number for Wanadoo switchboard who can put you through to the Goa offices is

0033 158 88 5416

C

cHodAX

Originally posted by Cavex ElSaviour

or call them ofc
The direct phone number for Wanadoo switchboard who can put you through to the Goa offices is

0033 158 88 5416

Phoned last Friday and got someone who spoke no English, they didn't even have the decency to pass me onto someone who does. As for a letter, a friend (Marley) recieved a letter with his new passwords 7, yes 7 weeks after he had sent the request via airmail. I have lost all faith to be honest :(

K

Krakatau

Maybe, just maybe this is related somehow....

[2003-1er-12]

Hello everyone,

The registration & secure payment pages will be down for a short maintenance on Thursday, December 4th, starting at 2 pm GMT. The maintenance should not last more than 1 hour. Sorry for the inconvenience.

Update : This maintenance was first scheduled for Monday, December 1st but had to be postponed to next Thursday.

A

Aremeriel

Originally posted by Krakatau
Maybe, just maybe this is related somehow....
Update : This maintenance was first scheduled for Monday, December 1st but had to be postponed to next Thursday.

I'll be sure to check out my account after they come back up.
The same thing may very well happen again...

F

Falcon

Mythic stating if this if a business partner they're satisfied with...
I think the few times Sanya's (perhaps accidently) slagged GOA off answers this one. There's been a fair few hints that Mythic themselves think GOA is a bunch of incompetent 'tards, and they're right.

F

Falcon

Oh and yes Aremeriel, I intend to check my subscription is still cancelled then too. In fact I'm going to look into whether I'm within my rights to have GOA delete my card info from their database so they CAN'T bill me.

A

Aremeriel

I think that sounds like a very good idea, Xest. Or you can tell your card company that you want to block any transfers to GOA in the future. Or... To be sure, do both.. ;)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom