can i ask why no groups hardly ever want 2 minstrels??

S

Scife

hi - i just cant get my head around this question - i usually ask grps if they need a minstrel but they just reject you stright away saying they already have 1.. - i found this totally bizzar every time some GL tells that to me and i really cant understand it.. -
i mean as far as i know they can tank very well and their melee buffer stacks and its hardly any difference from having say 2 arms or 2 pallys but i cant find a reason why most albs are under the illusion that only 1 is required in grps and they dont need another 1 like the same thing with theurgists..

P

Purefun

They sort of 'stack'. It pulses every 6 seconds, if both minstrels start their chant 3 seconds apart every groupmember will have a new 70value ablative on him every 3 secs. It will never absorb 140 damage from 1 blow though.
And you're not a tank, 2 minstrels in 1 group isn't optimal. Optimal groups xp the fastest, you shouldn't even want to join a group with a minstrel in it already.

A

Asha

If you're talking about pve then it's because both mincers and therg's have a bad rep for putting on powersong/pbt and going afk (call it the Xion effect). It's not true of all ppl playing those classes ofc, but it makes people wary to get 2.

If you're talking about rvr, it's redundant for most groups to have 2 mincers or 2 theurgists unless doing a specially planned group. Although 2 of either could work easily imo.

K

Kagato.

Can't say i've ever rejected a 2nd one of either when running groups.

In RvR one for speed one for ablative and all combinations are useful for something or other.

S

sh33py

For PvE it's somewhat redundant, you need 1 for pwr song in downtime / ablative in fights, a second doesn't add anything that you don't already have and as said they have a tendancy to go afk.

For RvR you need 1 for speed, thats about it, if you can't get a sorc then I guess it's the next best thing but mincer cc is too weak to choose one over a sorc's spot.

2 air theurgs in a caster RvR group is pretty nice, stun pets spammed = no healing for them :p

K

kirennia

Because if you've got a minstrel twisting ablative and powersong, whats the point in another one? For lower damage and defence then a tank? And if they aren't twisting in PvE, they aren't doing their job.

E

enli

Originally posted by Purefun
They sort of 'stack'. It pulses every 6 seconds, if both minstrels start their chant 3 seconds apart every groupmember will have a new 70value ablative on him every 3 secs. It will never absorb 140 damage from 1 blow though.
And you're not a tank, 2 minstrels in 1 group isn't optimal. Optimal groups xp the fastest, you shouldn't even want to join a group with a minstrel in it already.

we do this with 2 wardens, 2x pbt :D

F

-fwapp-

....btw minstrels cant tank as well as an arms or pally :]

I

ilienwyn

Originally posted by necrofill
how much does pbt helps against dw, h2h /assist? :D

Well, when it is in a chain wearing hybrid tank that can also heal it isn't that bad I guess ;)

Edit: Ops, forgot the resists part :p

N

necrofill

Originally posted by ilienwyn
Well, when it is in a chain wearing hybrid tank that can also heal it isn't that bad I guess ;)

Edit: Ops, forgot the resists part :p

tell me why it r that hard for friars in general to get grps? if it that nice to have a fighting healing class + resist!?! :D

K

K0nah

we've experimented with 2minstrel grp setup it works pretty good, no reason not to take a 2nd tbh

2x insta stunners (casters/support only plz guys), 2x interrupters, 3x demezzers(with sorc), an extra pet, 2x ablative, etc etc

sos every 15mins? yes plz ;)

K

kirennia

Originally posted by necrofill
tell me why it r that hard for friars in general to get grps? if it that nice to have a fighting healing class + resist!?! :D

You are mezzed
(1 minute later)
You prepare to do style friars boon
You hit the enemy for 400 dmg with your staff
You prepare to do style friars boon
You hit the enemy for 350 dmg with your staff
You attempt to cast the spell recusitation
You must wait 3 seconds to cast this spell
You must wait 2 seconds to cast this spell
You must wait 1 seconds to cast this spell
You are so close to the enemy after coming out of combat, the enemy sees you and farts in your general direction stopping you from casting your spell.
You must wait 3 seconds to cast this spell
You heal the caster with 3 savages on his back for 250 hit points...

The point is, meleers can't heal.

D

darbey

Agrees with Konah 100%, even if i am biased.

Users who are viewing this thread