Camlann Population!

Twinkies

Fledgling Freddie
Personally I've had many memorable moments in my DAoC history. Some good, some bad. Some on Excalibur, some on Prydwen, some on Glastonbury, but definately most on Camlann.Reading these boards I know I'm not standing alone here.
In fact I'd say 95% of those who actually made it to level 50, instead of spending their time whining about the "Oh, so evil Camlann players", prefer Camlann above any of the other servers.
Therefore I find it kinda sad(?) seeing it going this much downhill..

Also, lately I've seen an increasing amount of players writing, "I'd love to play Camlann again IF...."

• There was just a tiny bit of competetion

• Just a few guilds would run FG's on a daily basis

• The grass was greener

But since this is the general attitude towards the situation we're not really going anywhere, everyone waiting for that "special someone" to take the first step.
Guess what, it's not gonna happen. If we want to get the server up and running again there's only one way to do it, together.

Therefore I suggest the following:

1. Arrange a date for some FG PvP in the zone the majority prefers, which is most likely connacht(aka hib loop). I'd suggest sometime this weekend.

2. Take screenshots and record the event.

3. Publish the movies and screenshots on varies public forums, not only Freddyshouse.

4. If all goes well, do a daily set time for fg PvP. For example 19CET and foreward.

5. Upload old Camlann movies and post, post, post!!

Yvbani

One of Freddy's beloved
Nice initiative, and I totally agree, it can only happen if we join hands :)

Actually, this last week I've noticed a big change in the positive direction. Plutonen can most likely put together a grp for the event, if we know the set date.

Bahumat

FH is my second home
Very nice idea Cizot.

What would be a good idea (spoke with Horde about this ages back but its hard to do) is to have some form of starter guild.
The idea would be the older players put in their random drops etc for the new guys.

Camlann new players suffer from poor equipment and no one to group/guild with, The top guilds wont recruit lowbies which is understandable.

The idea me and some others had was a guild created and ran by a few people (maybe from several guilds), they could all have house access and put their old things into the vaults, this could be random drops or emerald/sapp seals.

The idea would be the gm's of the guild would be able to hand out vault items but everyone could put things in...only issue is can those select few log their gm chars to do this when needed?

Yvbani

One of Freddy's beloved
Bahumat said:
The idea would be the gm's of the guild would be able to hand out vault items but everyone could put things in...only issue is can those select few log their gm chars to do this when needed?

there could be a set time every day where the items are handed out.

the only problem I see is that people twink all the time. when they got the random gear for their new theurg, they will probably wanna roll a savage and get gear for that also. not sure people are gonna use this in a constructive way.

if you could find someone willing to keep track of it, + find the room for all those items, I wouldn't mind donating a few hundred. got many chars filled with that sh*t

Yoshimo

Fledgling Freddie
they may take our keeps... they may take our Arpees... but they will never take our lives!!!

Alekine

Fledgling Freddie
i would like do fg vs fg this weekend in hib clasic, spanniard can bring a fg, tetrusilius ( the dominion ) said me that his guild will bring a fg too.
we need more fg´s!! :D

Yvbani

One of Freddy's beloved
Alekine said:
i would like do fg vs fg this weekend in hib clasic, spanniard can bring a fg, tetrusilius ( the dominion ) said me that his guild will bring a fg too.
we need more fg´s!! :D

you always want to do fg vs fg :( zerger! :(

Phoebee-v-

Fledgling Freddie
wensdays/sundays is gaming night for our "set" group just give us a time and place and we see if we can come.

Bahumat

FH is my second home
the items that are given out could maybe only be done for lvl 30+ players? then you wopnt have people /20 rolling all day

Everz

FH is my second home
Well ive started a new account so no camlann toons, though if a grp needs me im happy enough to roll on camlann again.

Yvbani

One of Freddy's beloved
good idea Bahu, would also solve the problem of items going to 70% con too fast

edit: guildname would ofcourse have to be Camlann Samaritans :)

Markok

Fledgling Freddie
It seems that Camlann pop was raisin in the last times tbh but more ppl are not bad....i need rp for the new rr :bazbeer:

Twinkies

Fledgling Freddie
Markok said:
It seems that Camlann pop was raisin in the last times tbh but more ppl are not bad....i need rp for the new rr :bazbeer:
The fact that it's been raising doesn't really say much, as it was way too low before :p

So far we're the following FGs who think they can make it:

Plutonen
Spanniard
The Dominion
Horde
Fear

Would like some feedback from other guilds aswell. Nexus, Diva..?

Zelh

Fledgling Freddie
will ask my rl's if they wanna make a fg in camlann, but anyways we havent any active shaman in our ciber and probably not in the whole nexus atm :D so i dont promise u anything, and no, im not running without a shaman, its a loss of time :D

Twinkies

Fledgling Freddie
Zelh said:
will ask my rl's if they wanna make a fg in camlann, but anyways we havent any active shaman in our ciber and probably not in the whole nexus atm :D so i dont promise u anything, and no, im not running without a shaman, its a loss of time :D
Zelh's Signature said:
Officer of <Nexus>, Camlann Guild.

Zelh Frost 10L6 Hero ML10 Battlemaster - Camlann
Darrt Frost 5L6 Reaver ML10 Banelord - Camlann
Zellh Frost 6L1 Shaman ML10 Perfecter - Camlann

Zelh 5L8 Berserker - Glastonbury
Manopla 3Lx Minstrel - Glastonbury

Problem solved :p

Alekine

Fledgling Freddie
Zelh said:

diva plays without shaman and they kill all ^^

Everz

FH is my second home
pfft..!

anyways bit off topic but given up on Classic Twink? ;p

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom