Camlann - Long term plan?

Kami

Can't get enough of FH
Just wondering what people think GOA will do with Camlann in the long term. I've never rolled a character there, was never inclined to and don't begrudge those who play there a server to play on. However a lot of people seem to think it's time to use Camlann for something more useful to the majority of players:

1. Test server that's open to everyone all the time for charcopy etc.(like Pendragon on US servers).
2. Coop server (only mentioning this to keep svartalfmetalblokey happy).
3. Wipe it and free up some floor space in the server room for a nice game of twister.

Only asking as a couple of people have said to me on MSN that they've never seen it as busy as it is tonight.. and even then it's nearly deserted :)

Thadius

Part of the furniture
Camlann sucks

Lets get chained by buffed level 30's meights!!11

Make camlann into classic server, packed every night then ;)

Neo

Loyal Freddie
Thadius said:
Camlann sucks

Lets get chained by buffed level 30's meights!!11

Make camlann into classic server, packed every night then ;)
Get a U.S account if u wanna play Classic meijjt.
But a serious idea (that will never happend) is to have everything
just the way it is right now, But make ToA a non PvP area, and switch
NF with OF.

Gamah

Banned
I logged on camlenn with a /level 20, and got chained by a 50 hunter, then a 50 reaver, then a 50 sorc

Then I logged, it's the players own fault for thier dead server.

Manisch Depressiv

Part of the furniture
Gamah said:
I logged on camlenn with a /level 20, and got chained by a 50 hunter, then a 50 reaver, then a 50 sorc

Yup.

Neo

Loyal Freddie
Gamah said:

If u have a /level BD or WL its ur own fault. Its like sneaking up on Alan Smith
and whisper "hi dead girly, i like ur hair today" U are asking for trouble.

Gamah

Banned
Neo said:
If u have a /level BD or WL its ur own fault. Its like sneaking up on Alan Smith
and whisper "hi dead girly, i like ur hair today" U are asking for trouble.

it was a thurg.

Lywon

Fledgling Freddie
Gamah said:

I got level 32 mentalist there, I always got chained by purp cons. It's not that enjoinable server that higher levels kills low levels without a reason.

Keep that server up so the l33t dudes stays out of the english servers!

;D

Brite

Banned
Gamah said:

maybe its cos our group of thurgs was wtfpwning everything ;p

Dorimor1

Banned
I can't stand arrogant Camlamn players. Every class that I roll, I get chained, every class that I roll is apparently 'lame' so they have good reason to chain me. The people of camlann need to realise that they are killing their own server apart from just denying it.

Mikah75

Can't get enough of FH
Gamah said:

my experience went like this:
magician, chanter /20 17,18,19,
you have achieved level 20! DEAD, respawn your timer has expired DEAD by lvl 50's

Ocalinn

Fledgling Freddie
why are people saying they are getting killed by 50s? I never get killed by lvl 50s if im lvl 20-35. it must be because you leech on their fights or taunt them

Dwali

Can't get enough of FH
hardley i was making a lvl 20 there 1 time and as soon as i dinged lvl 20 and hade traind...first step i took a inf came and PA me

Job

The Carl Pilkington of Freddyshouse
Ha you just reminded me haven't logged my Ment and ran round aoe dotting every fight I see for ages :)

Sinnica

Fledgling Freddie
Gamah said:

have to agree on this, what is the world coming to ><

scorge

Fledgling Freddie
Kami said:
Just wondering what people think GOA will do with Camlann in the long term. I've never rolled a character there, was never inclined to and don't begrudge those who play there a server to play on. However a lot of people seem to think it's time to use Camlann for something more useful to the majority of players:

the long term aim is for Camlann will be clustered with Iraq. PKing, ganking and griefing will be met with a Bradley armoured fighting vehicle making a new door in your bedroom wall. GoA will then set up a small democratic voting system in your house for when you can play Camlann. The contract to rebuild your bedroom will go to a small obscure french company based in Toulouse.

Your parents, GF/BF, dog, hamster or pet chicken, will be kept in a tent in the garden surrounded by barbed wire, they will be allowed to leave the tent if they admit to you using radar or window dragging.

The tent/camp will be know as Camp P0wned.

:m00:

Kari

Fledgling Freddie
You know when people make posts about getting ganked while solo by a fg in emain on pryd or excal?

And you lot all post QQ, you were in an RvR zone?

On Camlann you can die in every zone other than the capitals. So QQ. If you were standing around Gothwaite leeching on others fights, then you will get killed for it, much the same as if you solo add on a fg fight & pick the wrong side on an rvr server.

If you really want to level up and get your free armour, then level to 5, die via mobs or whatever (so no con loss) and type "/release city" so you will go to the capital of your realm where you can pick your class & get your free armour.

Get used to dieing, you'll die often & annoyingly - but hey ho.

Of course if you're just whinging about getting killed in a pvp zone, then QQ :p

Azathrim

Fledgling Freddie
It's ok Kari. If you are lucky someone might care to listen to your whinging when the ghosttown of a server you play on finally get's unplugged. If you are lucky ... ;)

Kari

Fledgling Freddie
Had a bad day have we? Or are you actually so important in this world that only your opinion matters?

Perhaps in your own head.

But anyway. For your info 'flameboy' I actually play on prydwen these days.

As you may or may not have noticed I was responding to an asshat who couldn't even work out the basics of character creation on a server that didn't hold his hand. I was being helpful to those less fortunate. I see that despite all your claims the ignorant monkeys plaguing this game do not all in fact reside on Camlann.

Please tell me which other servers you play on Azathrim outside your sig, and preferably which characters, so I can pre-/ignore any more ignorant, narrow minded, self centred claptrap you may come out with in future.

Have a nice day ;)

Thadius

Part of the furniture
Kari said:
Had a bad day have we? Or are you actually so important in this world that only your opinion matters?

Perhaps in your own head.

But anyway. For your info 'flameboy' I actually play on prydwen these days.

As you may or may not have noticed I was responding to an asshat who couldn't even work out the basics of character creation on a server that didn't hold his hand. I was being helpful to those less fortunate. I see that despite all your claims the ignorant monkeys plaguing this game do not all in fact reside on Camlann.

Please tell me which other servers you play on Azathrim outside your sig, and preferably which characters, so I can pre-/ignore any more ignorant, narrow minded, self centred claptrap you may come out with in future.

Have a nice day ;)

He does have a point though. At least on regular servers you get added on and ganked when solo. But at leats then you have a chance of doing some damage(or none :p) as both parties are usually level 50

But on camlann, you get pricks at level 50 chaining /20's as they level up.

I couldnt even get out of the si midgard town as purple con cockboys kept chaining me. Must because they have skills and need to show them off meights!!111

Kari

Fledgling Freddie
Well, I'll say that *most* guilds have internal rules about grey ganking, leeching etc. Obviously there's some moron's out there, they're just more visible in an all vs all environment.

As a side note, not all purples are 50's. And just because someone cons purple to you, doesn't mean that you're not green (and thus reward) to them.

My point stands though, leech on a higher con fight and expect to get killed. you can't expect to play a pvp ruleset server the same way you play an rvr sserver. There are different choke points, usually the portal points, so SI towns, ToA etc. If you want to level you have to stay away from those areas. If you're just looking for a bit of counter-strike fun, then roll a BD & go to goth/aegir/domnann etc, but you'll die. A lot.

I don't even play Camlann anymore, but I have common sense enough to know that different people like different things, and just because it's different doesn't mean its wrong. That sort of attitude causes a lot of problems.

People like Azathrim need to get over themselves and realise just because they got killed on a /level 20 character a couple of times, the sky isn't falling.
Take a /level 20 to emain, and leech on some of those fights - see how long you last.

Anyway, all good fun.

Nedo

Fledgling Freddie
Thadius said:
He does have a point though. At least on regular servers you get added on and ganked when solo. But at leats then you have a chance of doing some damage(or none :p) as both parties are usually level 50

But on camlann, you get pricks at level 50 chaining /20's as they level up.

I couldnt even get out of the si midgard town as purple con cockboys kept chaining me. Must because they have skills and need to show them off meights!!111

Only people who have played 10 mins or less on Cam post that kinda sheit tbh. I met as much prics on for example fins 4 on Pryd that I done on Cam (and ye I have several 50s on both servers and yea I play Pryd atm not Cam so yeah I can judge it)

Hansmoleman

Fledgling Freddie
Gamah said:
it was a thurg.
thiers your problem... id chain you if you rolled a theurg, simply because you will always get groups of them sending lots of pets at you, gets 'em a bad name and all :)
my experience went like this:
magician, chanter /20 17,18,19,
you have achieved level 20! DEAD, respawn your timer has expired DEAD by lvl 50's
dont level outside of the main city
in the same situation you would kill the person, hmm good reward no armour and hardly no health.. and why do all you people get killed by level 50's doesnt happen to me when i make a new char?
/release city

Nedo

Fledgling Freddie
Hansmoleman said:
and why do all you people get killed by level 50's doesnt happen to me when i make a new char?

/release city

exactly......

Thadius

Part of the furniture
Nedo said:
Only people who have played 10 mins or less on Cam post that kinda sheit tbh. I met as much prics on for example fins 4 on Pryd that I done on Cam (and ye I have several 50s on both servers and yea I play Pryd atm not Cam so yeah I can judge it)

I was on Camlann for a good hour before I got bored

Ive done the ganking at fins thing before when I was running to a keep fight at Bwehn, didnt see me sat there waiting for people to come back.

Nedo

Fledgling Freddie
Thadius said:
I was on Camlann for a good hour before I got bored

Ive done the ganking at fins thing before when I was running to a keep fight at Bwehn, didnt see me sat there waiting for people to come back.

Then who are you to judge the server? Lol 1 hour.....

Erf....did you read my post? I meant there are as many morons arguing about their spot in a list or their spot to kill fins on RVR server as there are morons killing grey cons on Cam. Just that you happened to see them during youre extreme amount of playtime on Cam.....

If you gonna judge things at least get info enough to base it on....

Thadius

Part of the furniture
That was just last night prick

Just because I dont get my dick out every time I play on camlann and have a wank when I kill a greycon

Nedo

Fledgling Freddie
Shows youre maturity lvl, end of discussion, not arguing with kiddies.

Kari

Fledgling Freddie
Another thing that always makes me smile is that the complaints about camlann generally surface when an RVR server is down.

Therefore there's an influx or rvr'ers onto camlann and the port zones (I personally went to excal this time, hehe), so generally these complaints are about rvr'ers ganking rvr'ers on a pvp server, if you look at it that way :)

Anyway, what was the original post about :p

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom