Camlann is dying

S

sieben_dapoet

i played on camlann for about half a day, got a lickle wiz but in the end found it completely shite, have no idea what its like now as ive never been back, but on the first few days i was actually getting mezz'd by groups of purp's then told:

"give us 'X' money or we kill you" {normally said in french or german first till i said dunno what ure saying in english}

obviously i said:

"fook u st00pid french/german git !!"

then got killed :)

anyone know if the server is better now ? is there any english speaking peeps on this supposed english speaking server ?

only about 200 odd people on the server now from what i can see so i might try lvling my wiz again, and i can put up with ppl killing me with np's... being mezz'd by a grp of purps who dont even have the respect to speak english on the server though will definetly put me off forever AMEN !

P

papai

I have never experienced anything like that. There is about 500+ ppl on the server and compaired to what you posted I'd say it's perfect now, but more people would be nice. Freaks like those you met aren't many. But like in the real world you'll meet some insane individuals. You can do three things... 1) teach them a lesson, 2) call for help to do so, 3) stay clear of them and hope the choke in their own vomit.

Come play with us... we have fun :)

C

cougar-

maybe some day my chanter get to do some more deathruns in DF. hell its fun to find a enemyguild exping and run in and blast em away.

L

lofff

i log on eventually to see 100-200 total ppl on, grey cons everywhere and eventually get stabbed by a 50 assasin.. (looks like assasins are the only ones not getting bored)

well sumtimes find sum blue-yellow-orange con and keel it but takes a while..

R.I.P

O

old.Nedowiz

At night time its about 400-500 online. Meaning you can both find fights and avoid them easy. There is not many english speaking guilds afaik. Draw your own conclusions from that, I will not put words in your mouth.

However I think that anyone can understand that the 2-4 first weeks of a server that startup this late after game realease, will not reflect how it will be after a longer time. Yes there is still gray gankers and yes there is a bit low population. On the other hand.....I can travel where I want, I dont fight 90% of time in emain.....

Had a rumble inside Avalon in Alb SI the other night (love the design of that area)......10 of us including a infil and a mins and a fg of them. In red/purp aggro areas with the constant threat of both aggro roaming (read patrol) mobs and the other group. Made my heart go bit faster, which dont happen to often anymore in Daoc. We killed them and returned, they killed us and we returned....fun in an other way then on RvR server....same thing in some ways different in others.

O

old.Nedowiz

Originally posted by Exiled
its dead, 200 ppl on in prime time,

Something drastic happened over weekend? To bad if it died imo....

S

sieben_dapoet

think ill be coming back for a peek sometime in near future, my arms in very shortly gonna ding 47 {0.9 away} so may come take a look once he's done that..

here's hoping :)

K

Kyo Shunketsu

I just started a new skald on camlann a few hours ago, and its painful levelling.

The time I was playing, there ain't alot of players around, a /who only showed 79+/- online.

Its always into 2 extremes - extremely crowded (when Camlann first went up), and now extremely lonely, except when...

You realise you can't level. Since I'm below level 9, i can't be attacked. So what do the other players do? They prevent me from getting exp.

Here I am killing water snakes (at level 1), he'll stand around me, and watch me attack mobs. When the mob is about 1-2 hits from dying, he'll DD (Troll Skald) and kill the mob - I get no exp. This goes on for the next hour (longest 1-2 level ever...), and right, the normal solution would be to ignore him and continue (which i did and he did for the next hour), or run somewhere else. Problem is, he's a skald with runspeed, I couldn't outrun him, he's just stuck to me.

Well, after 3 hrs of play and finally reaching level 5, all the while being /rude at and mob-killed by him, I've decided I've had enough and logged off.

This is even worse than Hardcore in D2X -_-

O

old.Nedowiz

@Kyo

Thats a quite insane story imo. You run into a moron....they are on all servers but on this server they get a chance to be a moron easier. Sad to see someone making you quit server like that.

Worse then hardcore in D2X........well thats like comparing a bicycle and a horse...you can get transported on them but they're 2 totally different things.

I have been on server when it had so much people you could not logg on and I have been on server yesterday when a /who at about 22:00 CET showed between 500-600. Enjoy the 500-600 much more then the not able to logg on.

But as said earlier sad to see a moron playing server only to destroy for you Kyo.

S

skout

name and shame him.. who was it??

i also agree that the 400-600 population is so much better then the 3500 at the beginning. I really enjoy this server. we do need more people.

shame you ran into him, theres not that many idiots left on the server..

K

Kyo Shunketsu

I probably won't give up, though I do worry at being ganked by people who just want to kill for kicks (Not that its wrong though, just a worry).

I play Camlann for its ability to hold 12 characters (now that you could have 8 on every realm - its 24 on Camlann), and the ability to play all the realms with any character - I like playing some Alb/Mid characters but I am better at levelling in Hib than anywhere else.

'Tis a shame if anyone thinks I ought not to be playing on Camlann, because GOA currently does not have an english Gaheris-type (Co-op) server. And only 2 english servers of course (Have Hib/Pry and Alb/Exc).

I only understand English so I don't play on the other servers. (I'm not European, so that's a minor problem...)

I'm not a good player, and one of my other fears is levelling difficulties, I hardly play in Mid, and most definitely don't know where to level (somehow, the Midgardian landscape gives me headaches and giddiness). Without friends to guide me along (I had a whole guild quitting the game, friends hitting 50 multiple times and leaving). It is quite a sad state for me :-/

Thanks for your encouragement anyway :)

PS: The Skald in question was Hogai or Hogal, but I believe its Hogai (an i)

N

Ninth Dimension

personally i think the server will suffer a total death soon if GOA are not careful. Change camlann to a CO-OP :)

O

old.Trulla

Originally posted by Ninth Dimension
personally i think the server will suffer a total death soon if GOA are not careful. Change camlann to a CO-OP :)

Actually it could work.. ppl could choose themself when to remove the safety flag.. and the ppl not removing it could do a /who to see level of the others at server (maybe only other ppl with safety on but still)

then there would be a lot more ppl xping and when they hit 50 they go pvp.. nice nice

O

old.Lianuchta

700 people at primetime is not a lot, but is hardly dead.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom