Camlann is dying

A

Arrows

Originally posted by hellraisermk2

Jesus, with people like yourself playing on Calmen I'm glad I never bothered.

Every post of yours on these boards contains some profanity any 13 year old would be proud of and is usually derogative towards another person/ group.

All the pussies have left? This pussy never went on it to avoid people like you. Other "pussies" have left because of people like you. What will you say when you're all alone on an empty server? I'm sure it'll be something along the lines of "we're the hardcore elite pvp pwners," but as other people have said, PvP DAoC style ain't that skilled or anywhere near as complex as other games.

/yawn

A

Arrows

Originally posted by monkeynutter
not great one for flames, but arrow you really are a moron, please never log onto a real server.

what your to thick to understand is due to people like you, people get bored means less people to play with or fight then you will spend your sad little life walking around the woods with nothing to do, then they will change the server to something people do want and youll be whinning about how they closed it down. Why would anyone with any sense want to spend hours trying to level to say 11 being ganked all time by some purp or group. now you say this is what pvp is all about, but people who do quit are not pussys they just got more sense than you.
more useful having a high level on main server than a lv50 on pvp

/rude
/yawn

M

monkeynutter

good reply arrows how long it take you to think that up or did you ask someone for help.

just out of intrest since you dont even have guts to show who you are. what name do you actualy play under and which server, thats if you do even play.

A

Arrows

hmm guts ...? i play as arrows =/
i play on hib excal normally main is celadorn galadriel
alts are arrows the bard (hence the name) was a mercahnt for a while bought and sold items was a good pratice ermm got a 300 scer called crafterofspells ... got a valewalker now chopiechop :)

and again /yawn

im really not bothered by anything you say so if you will please say im this im that youll never respect me yada yada yada ... i was pissed that people leveling to 50 in 3 days getting bored and pissing off back to the normal servers ruinded it imo but like them now all the people have gone ive gone back to my char and am once again on the road to 50

i cant rem if it was your or the other /yawner but seeing as one of you hadnt even tried pvp why do you feel you have any way of commenting .... i dont kill greys for a laugh ... i kill green cons if i need the money ... i kos any enemy guild who showed my guilded the same dumb attitude ....

A

Arrows

not great one for flames, but arrow you really are a moron, please never log onto a real server.

what your to thick to understand is due to people like you, people get bored means less people to play with or fight then you will spend your sad little life walking around the woods with nothing to do, then they will change the server to something people do want and youll be whinning about how they closed it down. Why would anyone with any sense want to spend hours trying to level to say 11 being ganked all time by some purp or group. now you say this is what pvp is all about, but people who do quit are not pussys they just got more sense than you.
more useful having a high level on main server than a lv50 on pvp

gotta be doen again /yawn hehehehe :)

still have your pm about bla bla bla and ill read it but wont respond because as you say pvp is dead and nto because of people like me that played the game but cos of people who never understood what pvp was ... it was pvp pure and simple if you cant hacked being ganked by purples like loads of people have and still are then dont come on here .... its like rvr on normal server zerg meets zerg but every now and hten you get that 1 on 1 or the fg vs fg that requires a bit of skillz to win and thats when its fun and thats what i pvped for ...

im sorry if i offended you but ... i dont reallly care : )

O

old.Dillinja

good reply arrows how long it take you to think that up or did you ask someone for help.

:clap: :D :clap:

M

monkeynutter

minor point you mis quoted i didnt pm you, i would not pm you for one thing,anything i would want to say i would happly post in here.

thanks for replying as to who you were though least it shows you can reply in mannor of someone at school age when you want to.

im on hib excal but only to test new chars so mine not up to 10 even.

A

Arrows

fair enough i didnt mean that you started pm spamming me .. just that say what you want on here :)

T

Tank Init

soon it will be a real pvp server

population 2 people lol

at the mo its 572 and droping fast:)

C

Cloak_

i lft becoz a lvl 50 mezzed me and a m8 while trying to xp and his 4 green frinds to me (mainly infils) gank us and i cant cast with him spamming root on me. so whats the point in playin against purps when they wont let u xp??
:sleeping:

A

Aule Valar

arrows has convinced me that starting a new alt on pvp is pointless, as its full of idiots

S

sorusi

it can be a duel server! 1vs1 :> giv just like the old days in qw! :D

A

Arrows

omfg

Originally posted by Aule Valar
arrows has convinced me that starting a new alt on pvp is pointless, as its full of idiots
#

such a bunch of cry babys lol
im glad you havent started on here as well you miserable twit
im just annoyed that pvp is dieing cos it was a lot of fun and i never grey ganked any memebr from a guild that wasnt stupid enough to do it to me or mine...

you kill some one (blue con + as explained later) your guild is now kos because you killed on the pvp server so every level 50 muppet runs by and twats you and your guildys REGARDLESS of what your doing and con you are etc
you do same to them its that simple ... i allways found it funny when id onehit a grey to get spammed with hey why do that etc and id give the same reply that i got when it happened to me
"enemy guild"
As my guild was an xp pk guild as All guilds and people shoudl be imo on pvp we normally killed blue con + cos they give decent rewards and xp etc ... im not going onto the pvp server to kill even more mobs can do that on me main easy enough and id add boringly enough which brings me on to xp killing...
-just to add on this subject i think 90% of the time i let enemy grey cons trundle on by ... it was only when i got a memebr of my guild say Grrr guild x level 50 just ran bye and killed me ... that id go out and pa the nearest fecker from that guild

by that i dont mean causing someone to lose xp by killing them when they are xping but killing someone at an xp spot i.e DF or CM pit in for example
its simple if your xping in a well known spot you will die ... do not use the stupid exscuse that "killing people xping means you wont get anyone to fight against at 50" this is an exscuse by people to lazy to go find a nice secluded spot and xp, god knows why, on mobs.

I mob xped to 14 and form then till 32 i pked almost the whole way and if i xped in df on a mob and died well then i accepted that its df its gonna happen regardless of who i am and what guild etc ... so to finish off levels id go into rvr lands or down to south of hib which is quite empty it was the smart thing to do why did a lot of otehr people not do it ..?

think you can argue these obviously valid opinions down ..? i welcome the challenge

and do you know why i call people twits etc its because they think there right before even they've thought about what they are trying to say its normally a quick concieted response that upon first thought makes sense and the need to be right and
to seem like you have summit to say important blinds the person into diggin into it further ...
i welcome comment on my theories of pvp

and indeed look forward to hearing aules thought both before and after shes actually tried it

A

Arrows

and of course please make a post about my spelling /pronounciation .. go on .. really damage my arguement :)

P

[PS]Venom

Originally posted by Arrows
and of course please make a post about my spelling /pronounciation .. go on .. really damage my arguement :)

Naa.. I think it speaks for itself :)

A

afrodite_mid

I played on camlann for 2 days but after getting ganked the 15th time by lvl 40+ Nolby Pride i got sick and tired of it. but not all think that it is unfair to xp kill gray cons.

B

bracken_woodman

Re: omfg

Originally posted by Arrows
#

i welcome comment on my theories of pvp

Your theories aren't PVP theories. Camlann isn't PVP. DAOC doesn't have real PVP. The game mechanics aren't and never will be designed for PVP. If you want to find out how true PVP works try playing a game that was actually designed from the bottom up as a PVP game - like UO on the original felucca. (Don't know if it is still as hardcore as it used to be though as haven't played it in a year :p ). There you will see how a real pvp game works - and you will also see that the real players don't go round ganking low level players. Real PVP is not what you think it is.

M

masentaja

When I started in Camlann (have lowbie chars though), I tried to find the most nonvisited exp spots in the server. There we exped all nice and quiet, and no worries to get ganked. Ppl just tend to get in the most common exp spots and wonder why I get ganked all the time. And when we dinged 10 with two pals of mine. We ganked only purp ones. 3x theurgist can be very effective against casters and tanks ;) But what thing disappointed me was, we didn't get any exp from then, or no RP's. :( And no, they weren't in res sick etc in that time. (atleast i think so :p)

And think the positive side, less ppl on server, more easy to exp ^^

And if u wanna fight, there's always spots where people seek fights too. If not, set up one. FG vs FG etc. It doesn't need always have to be 3k ppl on server running around and blindly killing every person they see.
Just my 2cents

A

adde

Re: Re: omfg

Word!

Originally posted by bracken_woodman

Your theories aren't PVP theories. Camlann isn't PVP. DAOC doesn't have real PVP. The game mechanics aren't and never will be designed for PVP. If you want to find out how true PVP works try playing a game that was actually designed from the bottom up as a PVP game - like UO on the original felucca. (Don't know if it is still as hardcore as it used to be though as haven't played it in a year :p ). There you will see how a real pvp game works - and you will also see that the real players don't go round ganking low level players. Real PVP is not what you think it is.

A

adde

You got a point here.

I think, Camlann doesnt have any politics, like Ac Darktide or a little touch of the O/C wars in UO. When guilds controll dungeons, cities etc, with that, the server will become more funnier.

Any comments?

Originally posted by masentaja
When I started in Camlann (have lowbie chars though), I tried to find the most nonvisited exp spots in the server. There we exped all nice and quiet, and no worries to get ganked. Ppl just tend to get in the most common exp spots and wonder why I get ganked all the time. And when we dinged 10 with two pals of mine. We ganked only purp ones. 3x theurgist can be very effective against casters and tanks ;) But what thing disappointed me was, we didn't get any exp from then, or no RP's. :( And no, they weren't in res sick etc in that time. (atleast i think so :p)

And think the positive side, less ppl on server, more easy to exp ^^

And if u wanna fight, there's always spots where people seek fights too. If not, set up one. FG vs FG etc. It doesn't need always have to be 3k ppl on server running around and blindly killing every person they see.
Just my 2cents

O

old.Nedowiz

Population falling or not I still like this server alot more then the "blue" servers. Maybe cause I did not race my char to 50 in less then a week, but take the time to exp and explore things I have not seen in all 3 realms and have fun with friends in game............

oh wait sorry I cant post things like this on a forum like this I am not a leet kid......sorry...

M

masentaja

Originally posted by old.Nedowiz
but take the time to exp and explore things I have not seen in all 3 realms

That's one damn good reason why I like camlann :p
To exp as theurgist IE in Hib area. It feels quite odd to see skalds rushing by when you stand in Mag mell. Phunny :D
And... when that skald stops and smashes your head against the tower.

S

saijan_WarLord

and when you succesfully perform PA on skald making him Bleed/poison to death :D

A

Adralend

PvP is, and will always be Kiddie stuff. Most players have found that out by now, besides most of the "hardcore" players is getting their <insert new class> Powerleveled.

O

old.Nedowiz

Originally posted by Adralend
PvP is, and will always be Kiddie stuff. Most players have found that out by now, besides most of the "hardcore" players is getting their <insert new class> Powerleveled.

could not handle it could you? got beaten? awww....

G

Gabrial

Originally posted by old.Nedowiz

could not handle it could you? got beaten? awww....

I think he's just saying what lots of people believe...

O

old.Nedowiz

And I say he is very wrong. First time on server was what he says it has changed though.

The people still on Cam is far from kiddies imo. I am not a "veteran" in RvR on regular server but at RR4 I could see where it was leading..........nowhere.

Prydwen RvR was boooring imo, oooh woot I can be RR6-7 or so on by going to same spot doing same thing another 1000 times that make me leeeeeeet dooooood. Wait a minute...does a new realm ability make me think another month of Emain/Odin running is more fun? Will it change the mentality on that server where people just whine on IRC when they get "zerged"? Will a few more 100k RP for me make the guys I liked to play with come back? Will the constant buffbot whining be handled? Answer to that will in all cases be No.

What would make the situation a bit fun again then.......PvP server with the right attitude.....not lvl to 50 in 1 week run over everything and then jump ship. Lvl like you want and go to expspots you have not been to no regular server, do quests with friends you have not done before. Fight in places where you usually don't (REAL easy to do). Travel the different realms and form groups you cannot form on regular server. Kill the buffbots cause they can't stand in a PK........

Oh sorry end of my kiddie talk back to playing on the kiddie server.

P

papai

- I like that you don't just approach someone you don't know, PvP makes everything a bit more exciting even though getting killed sucks.

- I like that you can visit all the realms.

- It's nice that you can use armor/weapons from all realms.

- The whose idea of guilds vs guilds is far better that realm vs realm as it makes guilds more important... it makes them the focus of the game.

- Not many purple kill greys these days and there are unwritten rules about no chainkilling and no expkilling that almost everyone follow. I have learned to stay clear of people tougher than me just in case... Camlan feels a lot more exciting as players are less predictable than the mobs (some more than others).

- The guilds could help enforce these rules is they see someone do that. If he's not in a guild then hunt him down and teach him a lesson. If he is the the guild leaders should deal with it.

Camlan is the most fun I have ever had in DAoC and I hope more people will come. It's up to the players to get the place to work because of the greater freedom to do what we want there.

Someone should make a Camlan website, dedicated to this server and try to liven up the place a bit. Unfortunately I don't have great skills in webdesigning, but perhaps someone else would like to do this. At this place guild politics could be discussed and I really think it could help draw more people to the server. The players who play on Camlan need to go out and recruit more people.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom