Call to Arms 'Land of the Dead' Preview

pikeh

Resident Freddy
Uh it looks awesome, definately a TOA feel to it :eek:

mooSe_

FH is my second home
I have no idea what toa is, so this looks good.

Roo Stercogburn

Resident Freddy
I do rather like the idea that you can use the traps against the other side. Much potential for mayhem if implemented correctly.

Hopefully this will distract people with new content and give Mythic time to fix city sieges, which don't feel like city fights and definately aren't sieges, but manage to annoy just about everyone that takes part in them.

Tallen

Fledgling Freddie
ToA meets DF with a Tomb Raider twist, looks good to me :)

Ctuchik

FH is my second home
it LOOKS good yes, tho if it plays well is a totally different beast, especially when it comes to Mythic and this game.

can you imagine the absolute craptastic LAG ppl will have down there for the first few months?

i have a feeling that the lag down there will make a 200+ ppl fort fight pre popcap days look stable.

i mean, EVERYONE over lvl 25 will want to go down there. its gonna be fucking horrible.

mooSe_

FH is my second home
it LOOKS good yes, tho if it plays well is a totally different beast, especially when it comes to Mythic and this game.

can you imagine the absolute craptastic LAG ppl will have down there for the first few months?

i have a feeling that the lag down there will make a 200+ ppl fort fight pre popcap days look stable.

i mean, EVERYONE over lvl 25 will want to go down there. its gonna be fucking horrible.

hopefully some of the instanced areas will lower it a bit

dee777

Loyal Freddie
I have no idea what toa is, so this looks good.

Be very very glad you dont. Timesinks of Atlantis was (IMO) one of the major reasons DAOC went the way of the dodo.

//edit: Ooops...quote mishap fixed. :)

pikeh

Resident Freddy
Be very very glad you dont. Timesinks of Atlantis was (IMO) one of the major reasons DAOC went the way of the dodo.

//edit: Ooops...quote mishap fixed. :)

All I meant was it looked similiar to Stygia area.

We can go on about the implementation of ToA all day, so I'll stop there.

dee777

Loyal Freddie
All I meant was it looked similiar to Stygia area.

Didnt mean to flame (actually didnt even mean to refer to) you, mate.

People have different oppinions about ToA and just about anything else. That is a good thing. I agree that we should not pester that dead horse anymore. :)

Ctuchik

FH is my second home
hopefully some of the instanced areas will lower it a bit

yes ofc, like the instanced city sieges does right? :)

i have no confidence that this expansion will be playable for atleast half a year. maybe even longer seing how incredibly fucking stubborn Mythic is.

mooSe_

FH is my second home
Yeah I wouldn't get my hopes up about no lag either, but you never know.

And I am often quite glad that I never played DAoC because it seems to ruin so many people's experience of WAR: they all expect it to be DAoC2 or else they don't give it a fair chance because of previous mistakes that Mythic/GOA have made which aren't necessarily relevant to WAR. This is, however, a bit off topic, and I don't want to fuel the pointless old DAoC debates as they natural spring up all over this forum anyway.

Svartmetall

Great Unclean One
They look pretty sweet, actually; I'm currently sojourning on Gaheris, but I might actually reactivate my account to see those.

Mabs

J Peasemould Gruntfuttock
They look pretty sweet, actually; I'm currently sojourning on Gaheris, but I might actually reactivate my account to see those.

less gaheris,more devon imo !

lots of sorcs need gnerghing at

ramathorn

Fledgling Freddie
i just hope they drop the wards bs. give phat loot that is useful all the time!

mooSe_

FH is my second home
i just hope they drop the wards bs. give phat loot that is useful all the time!

They are dropping the wards system in favour of the new 'sigil' system, which is basically the same thing except sigils are tied to your character rather than your armour set.

its all in the patch notes i think

rynnor

Rockhound
They are dropping the wards system in favour of the new 'sigil' system, which is basically the same thing except sigils are tied to your character rather than your armour set.

its all in the patch notes i think

Thats right - sounded like the sigils will be basically tome unlocks - I guess they did it because they didnt want to put wards on the new armour sets for some reason - one thing I cant figure is if this will make it easier to get the wards than before?

mooSe_

FH is my second home
Thats right - sounded like the sigils will be basically tome unlocks - I guess they did it because they didnt want to put wards on the new armour sets for some reason - one thing I cant figure is if this will make it easier to get the wards than before?

Yeah it depends on how hard the tasks are to get the sigil unlocks.

And in the land of the dead instances you can get the sigils needed for them by just completing certain pqs in the area, so those ones will certainly be easier than farming for wards.

civy

One of Freddy's beloved
It's such a shame. The expansion sounded so nice. Then I tested the changes they have on the PTS and i'm now looking for a new game to play.

My prediction: In 6 months time anyone left playing will be begging for 1.21 to be put back on the server.

SInce launch they have been saying balance will be done in baby steps. We will see the implications before we go further. Then along comes 1.3 and does a total rebalance of the game.

Pullin grps and assist trains will rule like never before. There is no way to out heal the dmg. 1-2k melee hits with 50% healing debuff. Everyone wil be dropping like flies. Pullin grps wont have to worry about the smart healers that stayed out of pulin range. That wont be possible with ae healing range nerfs and no way to keep a grp up with single target heals.

Sorry for moaning so much. It's almost asif mythic are trying to kill teh game.

pikeh

Resident Freddy
Ahh yeh, the future of the game can be determined by a couple of hours on the PTS (which, I might remind you, is indeed the TEST server).
:lol:

mooSe_

FH is my second home
Yeah submit your feedback on the patch to GOA and if you're lucky it might reach Mythic.
But I do agree that it's a bit early to decide how the next patch is going to turn out at this stage.

dee777

Loyal Freddie
Ahh yeh, the future of the game can be determined by a couple of hours on the PTS (which, I might remind you, is indeed the TEST server).
:lol:

Dooming and glooming aside, you gotta admit that test server builds usually go live unchanged.

Flimgoblin

It's my birthday today!
It's such a shame. The expansion sounded so nice. Then I tested the changes they have on the PTS and i'm now looking for a new game to play.

My prediction: In 6 months time anyone left playing will be begging for 1.21 to be put back on the server.

SInce launch they have been saying balance will be done in baby steps. We will see the implications before we go further. Then along comes 1.3 and does a total rebalance of the game.

Pullin grps and assist trains will rule like never before. There is no way to out heal the dmg. 1-2k melee hits with 50% healing debuff. Everyone wil be dropping like flies. Pullin grps wont have to worry about the smart healers that stayed out of pulin range. That wont be possible with ae healing range nerfs and no way to keep a grp up with single target heals.

Sorry for moaning so much. It's almost asif mythic are trying to kill teh game.

They have said "hmm damage is a bit much on PTS" you know...

And it's mostly single target rather than AoE now - so instead of doing 2000 damage to everyone stuck to the magnet they're just doing 3000 to the one person..

which is still silly :p but they're tweaking still.

They've revamped the stat damage bonus from being (the somewhat insane) "you get Y damage added to all your attacks" to "you get x% on all your attacks" which is much much much better but it's a big change and it'll screw the balance that was there till they go through everything and tweak the base numbers.

It's now like the daoc system - a 400 base nuke is always better than a 200 base nuke (whereas with the old system depending on cooldowns/cast times the 200 base nuke might end up doing more damage per hit... daft)

civy

One of Freddy's beloved
Form my point of view (parked my dps and been playing a healer again) the changes are retarded. The only viable way to heal a grp is AE healing. THere is way to much randomn dmg flying around even after the changes to single target heal. Now mythic expect cloth wearing healers to come out from their hiding spots and join the front lines.

A simplified fight is ranged and healers at teh back and melee in the enemy back lines. You are trying to keep up your ranged dps who are being beet on by mdps and also trying to keep up your own melee dps which is trying to kill their rdps/healers. If the ae healing range changes go live then I hope MDPS have plenty of heal pots with them. They will often be out of LOS and AE healing range. If mdps think they have a hard time now just wait til they dont get any heals at all.

Ctuchik

FH is my second home
They've revamped the stat damage bonus from being (the somewhat insane) "you get Y damage added to all your attacks" to "you get x% on all your attacks" which is much much much better but it's a big change and it'll screw the balance that was there till they go through everything and tweak the base numbers.

right, reading that i have a feeling that the Magus will bite the dust yet again, because i'm fairly certain this doesent mean increased damage, but lowered. and magus DPS is quite frankly pretty bad as it is.

rynnor

Rockhound
LoS is going to be a real bugbear for healers now - its one reason why so many spam the groupheal. Now thats nerfed we'll be back to targetting folk which is fairly horrible given how buggy that is - I've had many times where some people become un-targettable from the group/wb display.

The other problem is all the inexplicable LoS breaks in the game - they'd need to really overhaul the textures to fix that - on the whole I hope this gets a loooong time in testing so they can really see how this mega-patch goes down.

Why cant they roll out small incremental patches? If I had to guess it would be lack of testing resources.

Flimgoblin

It's my birthday today!
Form my point of view (parked my dps and been playing a healer again) the changes are retarded. The only viable way to heal a grp is AE healing. THere is way to much randomn dmg flying around even after the changes to single target heal. Now mythic expect cloth wearing healers to come out from their hiding spots and join the front lines.

A simplified fight is ranged and healers at teh back and melee in the enemy back lines. You are trying to keep up your ranged dps who are being beet on by mdps and also trying to keep up your own melee dps which is trying to kill their rdps/healers. If the ae healing range changes go live then I hope MDPS have plenty of heal pots with them. They will often be out of LOS and AE healing range. If mdps think they have a hard time now just wait til they dont get any heals at all.

they've nerfed aoe out of los heals... and they've nerfed the massive amount of aoe damage going around...

Hopefully this'll get to a game where single target and positional abilities actually matter.

My zealot is far far more effective spamming the group heal - it heals for hardly any less than the single target, ignores los and heals it on everyone in my group so I don't need to worry if someone else was targetted while I was healing the first person.

It's broken... about time they tried to fix it.

civy

One of Freddy's beloved
LOS is to strict. A tree/rock/slight incline/small pebble can block it. Fine they want us to use single target heals but LOS needs some work i.e being less strict.

Flimgoblin

It's my birthday today!
LOS is to strict. A tree/rock/slight incline/small pebble can block it. Fine they want us to use single target heals but LOS needs some work i.e being less strict.

No arguments from me about that...

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom