Caer Sidi raid- Take 2

A

**Aligro**

Originally posted by pcentella
http://camelot-europe.goa.com/news/newsarticle.php3?id_article=879
Don't enter Apoc. room until they fix it, me thinks.

bah!

anyhoo.. i admit the grouping system was pretty fecked up.. however.. i presumed we would be only taking 1-2 mobs at a time not 5-6.. this time shall be different and by different i mean normal.... i.e balanced groups all around 3 tanks 1 cleric 1
theurg etc etc. this will be done in guild groups or sharing players.

on the comment with the 400lb bags.. actually its 500 and just a reminder for when we get there.. DO NOT DROP THEM ON THE GROUND it will make picking other oot up a trifle...

P

Pin

Originally posted by **Aligro**

on the comment with the 400lb bags.. actually its 500 and just a reminder for when we get there.. DO NOT DROP THEM ON THE GROUND it will make picking other oot up a trifle...

To clarify...

Use shift-d to destroy them.

J

Jiggs

yes leorin we made a guild group

bite me

prick :sleeping:

A

Arnor

Originally posted by ApathyEndymion

I was powerless when faced with Aligro's administrative skills. :(

"Apathy! Make a group of sorcs and wizards!"

"Can I have a cleric?"

"No, but you can have a merc and a minstrel."

"Thankyou, sir."

a.

aahhhhhh :D

T

[TP]Darksbane

Lastly, Albion explorers may be interested in knowing that players from the server Stonehenge ventured deep into Caer Sidi and reached the challenge room of Apocalypse himself. Sadly, due to a problem in the script, the players found themselves trapped inside the room, with locked doors, while the Lord of Caer Sidi was not showing himself. We are investigating this issue with Mythic and we advice the heroes of Albion to delay their raid to the Lord Apocalypse until further notice.

While most players from Stonehenge could be evacuated, some had logged out or went link dead. A monstrous guardian, unable to move and invulnerable will be in the room for the ones of you still stuck there. The guardian will stay there until Wednesday morning.

Taken from DAOC-Home news. this dungeon bugged. ie dont bother doing a Caer Sidi Raid in short cos its impossible.

F

Flimgoblin

there's more than one thing to kill in sidi :) just the big final fellow won't be home.

P

pcentella

Or better, reach Apoc's room, get trapped, log out and take screenies of the monstruous guardian! I wanna see it :) (if any Stonehenger took screenshots, please point me to them)

O

old.Zoyster

this saturday 2nd of march.... harbour gothwaite 11:30am gmt

I have read most of the post Coz I'm at work. But, alls I kno is that Saturday aint the 2nd March, unless you mean 2004:D

A

**Aligro**

Re: Re: Caer Sidi raid- Take 2

Originally posted by old.Zoyster

I have read most of the post Coz I'm at work. But, alls I kno is that Saturday aint the 2nd March, unless you mean 2004:D

it isn't? :eek7:

o.k um........... 29th feb

P

Pin

Re: Re: Re: Caer Sidi raid- Take 2

it isn't? :eek7:

o.k um........... 29th feb

LOL!!!

Thirty days hath September, April, June and November,
All the rest have thirty-one,
Except February alone with twenty-eight days clear,
Or twenty-nine in each leap-year.

A

**Aligro**

i thought it was.. 30 days has september may june and november

P

Pin

i thought it was.. 30 days has september may june and november

(try looking at the calendar before making any more silly posts - there's a handy one on your computer, just double-click that little clock thing)

F

Flimgoblin

feb has 28 days this year ;)

making tomorrow the 1st of March :)

Q

quinthar

omg I cant make it now :p

If I can do enough paracetamol tommorow morning I'll be along.

I solo'd a coupla reds up there whilst I was wondering around SI getting hopelessly lost they didnt seem so tough <cough>.

O

old.Ramas

From what I can gather - odd stuff like apoc not turning up happens from time to time on the US servers as well. Only they have a something truly revolutionary to help them out of such situations.

In game CSRs.

And an /appeal command.

So you may find the stonehenge albs were just unlucky. And GOA couldn't get them around it due to lack of sensible in game support and little knowledge of the game they are supporting.

K

Karnage

<snip>
i call all clerics to this head and also thergs..

I doth hereby pledge my alligience to this Caer Sidi raid... that is if i can wake up in time from tonight :)

6 sec bubble boy will be there to lend a helping hand :)

S

skile

Am I the only one not understanding the time 11.30 am? Am I missing something, a mob that spawns at night or something? Wouldn't primetime: 18.00-24.00 PM attract more people? :\

A

Apathy

If you don't like it, organise your own raid at whatever time gets your panties moist.

a.

P

Pin

Originally posted by skile
Am I the only one not understanding the time 11.30 am? Am I missing something, a mob that spawns at night or something? Wouldn't primetime: 18.00-24.00 PM attract more people? :\

What is hard to understand about the time? It's organised to happen on Saturday afternoon. The time of it is Saturday afternoon and we meet ahead of that.

If you don't play on Saturday afternoon, then should the raid be cancelled to fit you?

Looking at the hourly statistics on the GOA homepage, you can see that there is a steady (and large) number of people playing throughout the afternoon and into the evening.

So no, a 18:00-24:00 raid would not attract more people, and certainly isn't to be considered 'primietime' for a weekend.

Besides, as it should only take 3-4fg to complete the first couple of hours hunting it wouldn't be neccessary for eveyone to turn up at the start, more groups can happily add later, as would only be needed for the horesmen and Apocalypse.

However, as we haven't had any real experience yet on this server, having everyone set out together would be helpful.

S

skile

If you don't like it, organise your own raid at whatever time gets your panties moist.

a.

Don't be childish.

S

skile

Originally posted by Pin

What is hard to understand about the time? It's organised to happen on Saturday afternoon. The time of it is Saturday afternoon and we meet ahead of that.

If you don't play on Saturday afternoon, then should the raid be cancelled to fit you?

Looking at the hourly statistics on the GOA homepage, you can see that there is a steady (and large) number of people playing throughout the afternoon and into the evening.

So no, a 18:00-24:00 raid would not attract more people, and certainly isn't to be considered 'primietime' for a weekend.

Besides, as it should only take 3-4fg to complete the first couple of hours hunting it wouldn't be neccessary for eveyone to turn up at the start, more groups can happily add later, as would only be needed for the horesmen and Apocalypse.

However, as we haven't had any real experience yet on this server, having everyone set out together would be helpful.

Looking at sunday in january (27th i think). Also looked on saturday that week.

Highest count of people were at around 23 pm. Comparing 20 pm to 11 am tho. It's about a 40-50% increase of people compared to 11.00 am.

Second, this is not a personal issue. I'll probably be there. Eventhough I like events on evenings. I'ts a matter of participation. More people will attend primetime (yes I said it) than at 11.00 am. I would be suprised otherwise.

So yes, my original post was FOR a succesful event.

H

hercules-df

why so early in the morning? noone in their right mind is up that 11am on a weekend :D

if they are its due to getting in or being sick

A

Apathy

Four hours later and we're on the 6th boss or something. And we have 921839139 minstrel drops.

Woo.

a.

P

[PS]Venom

Four hours later and we're on the 6th boss or something. And we have 921839139 minstrel drops.

Woo.

a.

Givf!

A

Apathy

http://retrocrush.net/daoc/sidi.jpg

Standing outside Caer Sidi. Speed comment is about me going to cast my speed buff because I find moving slowly very tedious. And who doesn't?

http://retrocrush.net/daoc/meladder.jpg

Me climbing a rope ladder. (What? I thought it was cool!)

http://retrocrush.net/daoc/sidiwo.jpg

Most of us dead.

http://retrocrush.net/daoc/sidiend.jpg

Doing the lotto with the people who remained.

A fun raid. Nice 4 hours or so. Thought I had a picture of me doing around 600dmg on a purple con after someone body debuffed it but it scrolled past whilst pressing the - key. Tsk.

a.

K

Karnage

was good fun... Aligro get on and organise the next one :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom