Caer Sidi raid- Take 2

A

**Aligro**

o.k so i suppose the first attempt started of a sucesss but disapointingly fell short of the mark.. thiswas mainly due to the lack of cleric and the fact that we had about 3 thergs....
Also i believe the relic raid would have dis-heartened everybody slightly.

However it was a good first try and we can learn from our mistakes... so

this saturday 2nd of march.... harbour gothwaite 11:30am gmt

this time we will make all groups the same or there abouts or just let each guild bring a well rounded group.... everyone is welocome to join and i call all clerics to this head and also thergs..

F

Flimgoblin

how many people came along on last weeks Aligro?

A

Adralend

is this for the usual susspects or do us lowlvl's get to join the fun?

A

**Aligro**

i'm in school ffs (lunchtime dummy)

there was about 80 on last raid btw

P

Pin

Originally posted by **Aligro**

there was about 80 on last raid btw

I didn't go, but I thought there was more like 60 (during the raid a /who totaled 55). Maybe there were a lot on /anon?

But yes, the numbers were greatly diminished by the lack of people being able to register and by 'other events'.

G

g0ldenbone

I would imagine that only 45+ will be of much use (unless one of the essential utilities). The mobs in there are immense :)

And sure the mob that can only be hurt by clerics is going to be a complete nightmare :)

T

trailblazer

What would the minimum player level be to be of ANY kind of assistance out there?

Im a level 35 fire wiz. A lot of people argue that a fire Wiz is useless in RvR but of the experience I at least have in bg3, it is actually pretty good, his DD's do their job as assisting in kills.

A level 35 wont hit a lvl 50 Mid for diddly squat, but if I can prove of any use at all, I would go. I would die for my realm :)

**EDIT** nm, just read the above post which claims only 45+ would be useful. Oh well, when Im maxed out rp in bg3 I will make extra effort to reach a lvl where I can assist my realm in RvR.

A

Adralend

Oh joy, this means I get to kill stuff or get killed by stuff. That's something new :)

S

Skaven

Originally posted by trailblazer

A level 35 wont hit a lvl 50 Mid for diddly squat, but if I can prove of any use at all, I would go. I would die for my realm :)

Saying that, about a week ago when we had DF for a rare change I came accross 3 mids,all purps, nuked them for over 100 each until they realised that the briton standing there had fire coming out of his hands.

S

Sibanac

Originally posted by **Aligro** i call all clerics to this head and also thergs.. [/B]

Hehe this is one of those rare moments where you want a few full smite clerics i guess

If i am awake and kinde sober i will be there. I'll also try to get my pally to 45+ by then since he would be of more use then my cabby i guess

A

Apathy

I'll be there but I don't want to be leading a group of sorcs and wizards again. :p

a.

O

old.Wildfire

how about we go on a non-saturday night so that i can come :(

P

Pin

Originally posted by old.Wildfire
how about we go on a non-saturday night so that i can come :(

Not learnt to tell the time yet Wildfire?

this saturday 2nd of march.... harbour gothwaite 11:30am gmt

(Just so you know for future reference... 'am' = anti-meridian = IN THE MORNING)

A

Addlcove

oh that's what am means.... my english teacher just told me to remember the difference by

am = af madrassen
pm = på madrassen

scandinavians will get the point :p

A

**Aligro**

Originally posted by ApathyEndymion
I'll be there but I don't want to be leading a group of sorcs and wizards again. :p

a.

shut it casterboy :p

L

loxleyhood

Looking forward to it, my computer will be fixed by then (touchwood).

T

Tobold

actually the reason the last raid failed was mainly due to aligros grouping system.
we have roughly 8clerics, 4theurgs and plenty of tanks.
aligro decided it would be best to make a 'tank group a 'caster group' a 'rogue group' etc.
i was shocked seeing 6infs and 2scouts grouping up to go on a raid, so me and others started making our own more balanced groups.. the whole business delayed the raid by an hour or more.
we did need afew more clerics to be fair, but imo the main problem was the terrible organisation

B

BrassMonkey

Originally posted by trailblazer
What would the minimum player level be to be of ANY kind of assistance out there?

Im a level 35 fire wiz. A lot of people argue that a fire Wiz is useless in RvR but of the experience I at least have in bg3, it is actually pretty good, his DD's do their job as assisting in kills.

**EDIT** nm, just read the above post which claims only 45+ would be useful. Oh well, when Im maxed out rp in bg3 I will make extra effort to reach a lvl where I can assist my realm in RvR.

Caer Sidi is a mob dungeon in the new SI areas. It has very nice drops and loot and stuffs and is very tough...it has absolutely nothing to do RvR. Its called Caer Sidi like a keep. But it isn't.

btw last time there were some things i didn't understand:

- Running around the barbarian village for about 10 minutes...why?

- Debating about going back to the bridge to recover 4 dead albs....fg fair enough but 4? (although tbh we should have waited for any lost/ld's in the first place)

- Losing people all the way to Sidi including if i remember correctly one fg. We should have waited for them.

Overall though i still had a good laugh and got some lovely screenies...and thats the important thing imo

J

Jiggs

it was really badly organised last time

BUT

thats prob mainly cos we had never done this dungeon before and not so many had managed to activate SI

i would suggest trying to get a big raid into crystal caves instead, since

a the drops are pretty much of the same quality

b its easier

but admitedly the lure of being the firsty albs to get down to apoc is quite alot :D

i think with about 120 people we will get at least most of the bosses down

A

Arnor

Originally posted by Octanion
oh that's what am means.... my english teacher just told me to remember the difference by

am = af madrassen
pm = på madrassen

scandinavians will get the point :p

rofl :D

and a lil' laff to apathys futile lament ;)

A

Apathy

Originally posted by Arnor2
and a lil' laff to apathys futile lament ;)

I was powerless when faced with Aligro's administrative skills. :(

"Apathy! Make a group of sorcs and wizards!"

"Can I have a cleric?"

"No, but you can have a merc and a minstrel."

"Thankyou, sir."

a.

E

elath

Also watch out for the "bags of junk" drops - they weigh 400lb's - thought I was rooted!!

L

leorin

Last time went crap indeed , ppls fell behind zerg , Grps were shit , and didnt work better cause of some Humberton Guard ppls comes 1 hour late after i ve been w8ing there at portal and formed grp in about 2 hours. Then HG ppls PM theurg in my grp and tell him to join em, fucking stupid imo.

Humberton Gheys from now on....

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom