Sport Bye bye f1

ECA

I am a FH squatter
It isn't over yet either way, this is just FOTA playing its final hand and it is fully understandable that you can't just introduce such a spending reduction in such a short period of time.

I agree, staged reductions make more sense, like 80>60>40 over 3 years or similar.

Kryten

Old Cow.
Thought exactly the same. Wasn't long ago he was saying Silverstone has absolutely no chance in hell of getting the GP back until it's sorted out.

Today he specifically said that it was because they now have the right people involved commercially. The very same people that were put in place way before the Donnington farce^H^H^H^H^Hannouncement last year. Sounds to me as if he's trying to soften people up a little.

Very good news for Silverstone though :D

DaGaffer

Down With That Sorta Thing
I still don't think we'll end up with two separate series next year; there are too many vested interests and the loss of Ferrari in particular is a disaster for the FIA's TV deals, it would be like the CL losing Man U, Real, Barca and Liverpool all in one; 80% of the audience outside the UK don't give a fuck about anyone but Ferrari. To get to a compromise Mosley will have to go though.

Told you.

Ch3tan

I aer teh win!!
Any word on what the agreed budgets are for the next two seasons then?

Ch3tan

I aer teh win!!
What the hell are the FIA playing at now?

Madmaxx

FH is my second home
Scuderia Toro Rosso has officially confirmed that Sebastien Bourdais will leave the team with immediate effect and will not be racing at the Hungarian Grand Prix next week.

Toro Rosso confirms Bourdais' exit - AOL F1 Grand Prix

tbh I thought that Pique would be first to go, he seems to slide off in practise and qualifying. As well not finishing in the points.

Kryten

Old Cow.
Piquet I believe pays for the privilege to crash his F1 car. Bordais however has to earn his living, and clearly isn't doing so. Being one of the best in the world at one sport (CART/CHAMPCAR or whatever it was) never translates into being successful in F1. Very different cars, very different mindsets, and the european racing system has much better progression within other formula open wheelers. Doesn't mean he's not an excellent driver - he is, just not in F1. Shame really, nice chap.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom