buying new monitor...

Ormorof

FH is my second home
ok, been looking at buying a 19" TFT monitor, what has me confused is MS

is higher MS good or is lower good?!?

i know the monitor my bro uses has 8MS is that good bad or ok? :p

Vae

Resident Freddy
MS is the response time so lower is better. I'd personally recommend the Hyundai L90D which has an 8ms response time. Search the forums and you'll find several posts recommending different 19" monitors.

inactionman

Can't get enough of FH
Generally the lower the better, it's basically the time it takes for a pixel to change colour, but some manufacturer lie about it (exagerate) by stating grey-grey rather than on to off.

You want less than 8ms really, but try to get one with 24-bit colour (16.7 million), rather than the monitors that only do 18-bit. Also it can be a trade-off between speed and colour reproduction, as the fastest ones tend to dither, and can't reproduce true colour.

TdC

Trem's hunky sex love muffin
I've got a 19" Iiyama prolite H481S in black. It's "8ms", which is more like (I guesstimate) 15~20ms in practice. Not that I can tell. Imo it's fab and on my reccy others here have bought it.
As it's getting on a bit in age it should be reasonably cheap.

throdgrain

FH is my second home
My 19" Viewsonic VX220 claims to have 2ms response, so it wtfpwns all of yours :p

(Seriously, I cant answer for that , but certainly it works as fast as a CRT monitor as far as Im concerned :) )

Milkshake

Loyal Freddie
Got myself a Illyama Prolite E1900S...2ms, 700:1 contrast and it's lubly.

Only £175 too. I felt that was quite a bargain.

nath

Fledgling Freddie
throdgrain said:
My 19" Viewsonic VX220 claims to have 2ms response, so it wtfpwns all of yours :p

(Seriously, I cant answer for that , but certainly it works as fast as a CRT monitor as far as Im concerned :) )

Second vote for the Viewsonic - it's awesome.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom