Bug or Exploit?

Status
Not open for further replies.
G

Gahldir

Originally posted by stighelmer
The ubah lvl 35 Eagle Knights is a pain.

I just bet the warderzerg knows each and every hib and mid realm rank?:rolleyes:

Q

quinthar

Originally posted by Sim^
Why do necros continue to abuse bugs?

Going to bed.

Report them like people have done to you..

Just because somebody esle uses a bug dont mean you need to.

You will need to provide screen shots however.

G

Gahldir

Originally posted by old.Tzeentch
think you guys are getting a bit overexcited.

his char is bugged, not his fault, he killed a few peeps.. i know he just got recently to 50 so obviously wants to play his new char.. takes a few to realise something aint right.. enjoys it for a bit, then goes, ok, this is dumb, goes off and reports it himself.

i dont think goa is half as anally retarded as you guys, and they will prolly just put his rp counter back to original value and sort it out.

there were dozens of necro's cheating like cunts when they first came out, EVERYONE knew it was cheating, but i didnt see many albs whine about their own group/zerg members complain about it in keep attacks, relic attacks, general emain camping, did i?

one rule for yourselves and one for others right?

well spoken, Tzee

Q

quinthar

Originally posted by powahhh
lmao
smartest thing i've hear in this thread
m8 crawl back to you bugabusing hole

lmao
Twat :great:

ps. next time think before post...cause now ppls not only think that you are a lame bug abuser but they believe that you are a total lame retard
ps1. too bad ppls like you exist
ps2. about the necro shit....it was a LOS bug...and it used commonly at keep takes...it can't 2 shot kill everythin....what u used can 2shot everythin....hmmmmmm if necro was lame bug users then what are you?

Erm I think you'll find he is refering to the Gatekeeper bug not LOS issue.

G

Gahldir

Originally posted by quinthar
You will need to provide screen shots however.

not last time i checked.

give time server place and chars involved and they check thier own loggs. even if you send them a ss they have to check with thier loggs since a ss can be manipulated to show what you want to show and not how it was.

Q

quinthar

Originally posted by agreiloth
Com'on leave Hobb alone, I don't think he'll be banned because he have been honest about it. He could have kept his mouth shut, and just keept 2-shotting peeps. Most peeps would have killed more that 3 peeps if they had a "bug" like that imo.

Hob: GoA WILL look at logs to determine IF you did bugabuse in a manner that requires action by them, but if it's true that you only killed around 10 peeps I wouldn't be afraid you might get a warning but a ban would be a bit too much imo.

he came out of the closet because he got reported, I dont recall seeing him here saying "I think I just found a bug, pls Jep can you contact me" nope, all he did was kill Jep twice and then another coupla Albs then another then a Skald then a couple more in HW, yeah, I'm sure he was just double, triple, quadruple checking :p

Q

quinthar

Originally posted by stinkie
The only reason I could see for hobbish being banned is IF he killed people after reporting the bug.

As far as Im concerned he did all the right things. He found a bug. reported it. hasnt played his char since and above all kept his mouth shut about it so other people dont try to duplicate it.

/salute hobbish. I'm sure theres other people out there that would have taken full advantage of this bug.

regards

Stinkie.

p.s I dont know hobbish I dont even play his realm so I'm totaly impartial.

It seems to me he came clean AFTER this thread was started :)

Q

quinthar

Originally posted by vintervargen
who shoved that pole up your ass?

you seem to be totally unable to imagine his situation, and i cba to explain it. just as the guy that caused the rollback on camlann, you might not realise wat's going on. if i were new, hell even if it was now, and found out i could 2shot ppl, i would sure as hell do it a few times til you think "hmm, maybe this aint right" .

Actually from what you have posted here, you'd keep doing it until you WERE banned, or maybe I'm just mis reading your posts.

E

Ekydus

Sounds to me like Hobbish was doing what any of you would have done. He's found a bug and didn't realise at first. He thought he'd become really good or something... Or that maybe his enemies were having a bad day. After killing a few people for a while and enjoying the new found glory of what ever you wish to call the 2-shotting... He decided things weren't right and reported it to GOA and stopped. I'd like the bug to be sorted out but I do not wish for Hobbish to be banned... He's done nothing wrong and I can say for a fact he's done more then some of you hypocritical twats about going and fixing the problem.

P

poppamies

come on, hes reported it 100 others have reported it, and hes playing another char now untill the bug is fixed.
So no need to flame on.

S

stighelmer

Originally posted by Gahldir
I just bet the warderzerg knows each and every hib and mid realm rank?:rolleyes:

Well they probably don't. But then again, they need not bother since they are zerging and not "bug testing" ;)

But I would say that Hob Man has gotten enough feed back on his testing. Enough is enough and now let's just hope the bug gets fixed and the guy can start playing the char again.

Btw Hob, feel like a duel in a couple of days ? :)

Cheers

J

Jephtha

Hmm,

well all I can say is that I started this thread asking a simple question....If you actually read the post I explained what happened and asked if anyone had seen it before!

All I have done is report it to GOA and mention it on here, if he knew what he was doing or didn't realise....only he knows!! All I asked GOA to do is investigate the issue to see if it is a bug or an exploit/hack. If they decide to ban him they will do only if they are sure he has cheated, if not he has nothing to worry about imo.

I did not start this thread to cause Hobbes any problems just to point out this was happening.

Why bother comparing this to the Necro exploits when they are totally different, and as for calling me/us hypocritcal twats.....no need to comment on that really not worth it!!

As I said GOA are aware of this and they will know what time he submitted this to them compared to when I did and how many kills he got inbetween. Hobbes....if you are innocent you have nothing to worry about, guys please don't make this personal, I did not start this thread as an attack on Hobbes and I think he should be given the benefit of the doubt before people start accusing him.

L

living

Funny, only works on players, not mobs or doors and prolly not guards(dunno about that but they are considered mobs).

If u ask me its linked to the 99% fall dmg u can get cuz mobs/doors/guards cant take fall dmg, only players...

C

Crashtje

fact of the matter is, someone (or some peeps) got owned, and have to resort to flaming him , til he`s banned - Deal with it! if it was you with a 2hit bug, u`d abuse it til it was unabusable, admit it, i cant say that one of you would think ** hmmmmmm im killing people fast, getting 900+ rps per kill, why stop?** .... comprende ?

Hobbish is a nice person , i grped with him at hadrians beno take the other day , and he wasnt *abusing* no bugs or anythin liek that, if it wasnt a bug, and he killed you , would u report it just bcos he killed u ?

H

Hothnog

Originally posted by vintervargen
oh and ffs, this is no bug, its mythic that have reinstated the former archer gods :D :D :clap: :cool: :great: :clap:

That mean i can play again? ;)

J

Jephtha

"fact of the matter is, someone (or some peeps) got owned, and have to resort to flaming him , til he`s banned - Deal with it! if it was you with a 2hit bug, u`d abuse it til it was unabusable, admit it, i cant say that one of you would think ** hmmmmmm im killing people fast, getting 900+ rps per kill, why stop?** .... comprende ?"

So Alexie you saying that I started this post because I got owned, flamed him and then wanted to get him banned all because I got owned...Gosh you seem to know me very well...when was the last time we had a chat I can't quite remember as you seem to have a really good insight into what I'm thinking....

D

dakeyras

Originally posted by nightsorrow
just a question, how u use it?:p

Why do you think the 'how to hack' was pulled quicker than greased weaselshit from both Critshot and the VN boards?

C

Crashtje

So Alexie you saying that I started this post because I got owned, flamed him and then wanted to get him banned all because I got owned...Gosh you seem to know me very well...when was the last time we had a chat I can't quite remember as you seem to have a really good insight into what I'm thinking....

Yup.

J

Jephtha

I wish I was as intelligent as you!!!!

Infact please do me a favour and show me once where I asked for a ban or flammed anyone in my posts....quite interested to see it.

S

Simmern

THe problem is 'solved'.

GoA haven't answered me yet but when i try to use my Verdant Recurve Bow i get the message "Your realm can't use this item...."
Suuure, my realm cant use a bow dropped in it's own epic dungeon..

It is a solution, but i can't understand why they haven't answered me yet.

Now i just need a new SCed MP bow...

EDIT: I cant 2hit with other bows.

B

Belomar

Originally posted by [PDC]Alexie
fact of the matter is, someone (or some peeps) got owned, and have to resort to flaming him , til he`s banned - Deal with it!
Umm, the people who "got owned" were owned due to a bug, and now you are saying they should deal with it? Wrong choice of words. Sorry, Sherlock, while flaming him may be the wrong way and the ranger in question may be a nice person, this is a bug and it needs to be sorted by GOA.

T

Thorarin

Originally posted by Sim^
GoA haven't answered me yet but when i try to use my Verdant Recurve Bow i get the message "Your realm can't use this item...."

It could be that they haven't stumbled across your RN report yet. The matter was forwarded to the Ear & Eye forum by another volunteer, which is usually processed faster than any RightNow report.

The unusable bow is probably a temporary solution until Mythic makes an official fix for the problem. I haven't talked to anyone about the details of the matter, but I'll try and get some more info tomorrow.

Thorarin
Member of the E&E team on Excalibur/Midgard

O

old_saxo

Sim^
Brentford Resident

Have i said it's ok?
No.
I have reported it as a bug myself.
I wont use the ranger as long as I got this bug.

Felilia - Level 50 PL bot -

Because first kill you make = discover bug /quit play another or another character not : ouf omg cool lets try another one just to test if it still a bug on my ranger ? what does the COC says DONT EXPLOTE !! Bang over the line soz byekkthx ? >_<

Necros dident get ban said from Hobbish

To bad for you or ? like when all where littel

boy :Timmy Hitted me
Dad : and therefor you think you can hit him back
Boy : Yes :(

Hobbis : Necros dident get banned why could i
Intellegent people : and therefor you think you can bug explote as well
Hobbis : yes :-/ or maby oargh already done shit pis pupu

anyway BAN CHEAT , i got banned for Wall climbing as a paladin and i thank GoA for doing it as it damn learned me a leason not to cheat ! and so could you learn hobbis ,

Hehe time to flame me :p

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom