Buffbots.

Foadon

Fledgling Freddie
Arethir said:
Look at it this way mate! 2 healers+ 2 shamans== 2 sorcs+2 clerics!!

2sorcs = 2 rms practically if someone else debuffs, ever seen a shaman do that dmg?
like i said, more util on a class was good before toa, but now knowing everything of 1skill > knowing 1 thing of all skills
a sorc is better at mezzing then a healer, and a cleric is better at healing then a pac healer, its all about what jobs to have in the group: sorc = mez, cleric = heal, healer = both which makes him only half as effective as sorc/cleric, yes ofc mids save 1spot in theory, but usually they just have to fill it up with same class just so they can keep up, and sorc isnt that useless for normal dmg either

Puppet

Part of the furniture
Foadon said:
and saying that u can take more then 1 shaman in is just plain stupid, would u take in a 2nd class when u know that it will just gimp the group since the shaman will just be a portable buffbot? be my guest and show me good setups with 2 shamans in, but its just not possible

... You get more from the shaman then just portable buffbot or endurance. You simply forget that Albion and Hibernia need a char as a portable buffbot to be able to shear and focusshell as the shaman can do already effectively.

The shaman is end-bringer, spec-buffs, resist-buffs, interrupt, 2nd CC, disease, buffshearer, focus-shell, backup rezzer/healer.

Its more then a typical cleric can do in a RvR-group; but hey .....

Puppet

Part of the furniture
Foadon said:
2sorcs = 2 rms practically if someone else debuffs, ever seen a shaman do that dmg?
like i said, more util on a class was good before toa, but now knowing everything of 1skill > knowing 1 thing of all skills
a sorc is better at mezzing then a healer, and a cleric is better at healing then a pac healer, its all about what jobs to have in the group: sorc = mez, cleric = heal, healer = both which makes him only half as effective as sorc/cleric,

A pac-healer is almost as good CC'er as a sorcerer.. A mend-healer is as good as a healer as cleric.

Combine 44/31 and you got a damn nice combo.. Spreadheal ftw

Sarumancer

Fledgling Freddie
Heres some possibilities.

Buffs get a timer on them, say 60 seconds, if youre grouped with the Buffer, they dont change. If youre not, they drop to 60% of delve value.

This would still give solo'ers precious buffage to pwn with, whilst giving "real" buffers a good reason to remain "live" players.

Solves both sides of the argument, reducing buffbot effectiveness somewhat, without destroying them, whilst simultaneously making real players more attractive.

What sayeth thou?

Arethir

Fledgling Freddie
Foadon said:
a sorc is better at mezzing then a healer, and a cleric is better at healing then a pac healer, its all about what jobs to have in the group: sorc = mez, cleric = heal, healer = both which makes him only half as effective as sorc/cleric, yes ofc mids save 1spot in theory, but usually they just have to fill it up with same class just so they can keep up, and sorc isnt that useless for normal dmg either

Normal alb grps must have 2 clerics and atleast 1 sorc to stay alive... normal mid grps have 3 healers... the differ is that healers can CHOOSE what to do mezz/heal and also they got insta mezz... while the clerics cant mezz and the sorcs cant heal

Rothzak

Fledgling Freddie
poisono said:
That would mean nerfing Clerics, Shamans, Druids...... What about thoose people that actually play them properlly in RvR/PvE....

*sighs*

50000range on buffs or they drop? ;)

Boggy

Fledgling Freddie
Saru normally I have trouble reading your crackpot ideas because I am rolling my eyes by halfway through, but I have to say you're on to something!

Course, it'll never happen in DAoC and like other geniuses you'll probably die an early death from syphillis and only be appreciated posthumously.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom