Buffbots.

Awarkle

Fledgling Freddie
Ok i know buffbots arnt the most well liked subject i was thinking.

if you were fully buffed and got killed by 2 or more people who wernt buffed would you say that was a fair fight ?

As in would you class yourself as being fully buffed as if you were with a group/other person ?

i dont run buffed in most occasions and somtimes think i should get a buff bot to compete but thats not what the game is about :)

Foadon

Fledgling Freddie
i dont consider myself 'duoin' if i solo buffed, basically i just run buffed cus 99% of enemies u find are buffed aswell, id have np running unbuffed when others are too, is just to balance out the other guy's buffs

Escape

Can't get enough of FH
No problem with two unbuffed players attacking a solo buffed one :p

SoulFly

Can't get enough of FH
Buffed people >>>>> Unbuffed people. When talking in terms of melee vs melee, a buffed pala vs an fg of unbuffed melee'ers = I would win ^_^

Buffed people < sometimes unbuffed people with skills, I don't mean strafe or all that mumbojumbo.

Eroa

Banned
Buffbots suck - It's the DAoC equivalent of having your flatmate getting you hard before you dare go near your girlfriend...

I wish i had a flatmate to get me hard :(

Fadeh

Fledgling Freddie
SoulFly said:
Buffed people >>>>> Unbuffed people. When talking in terms of melee vs melee, a buffed pala vs an fg of unbuffed melee'ers = I would win ^_^
Maybe gimps.

I have won over many many buffed enemies while being unbuffed. So its indeed possible. But then again im overpowered solo.

Buffed vs unbuffed i would say its fair with 1 vs 4. As most people get 2-3 shotted i need 8-12 attack swings. Which would take me between 12-20 seconds. Which a group of unbuffed enemies have a hard time killing me in if my ip is up.

This is not counting grapple. Once i met a Bard+Hero duo. Hero only grappled me while bard ran around and dd'd me every 20 (or is it 15s timer?). Thanks Bigchief for rescuing me after 2 minuter by attacking bard so hero didnt get healed after my 1 hit between grapple.

So to sum it up. Abilities make the numbers with unbuffed vs buffed go up and down but if you lose to a duo team of unbuffed meleers then you are infact a gimp.

haarewin

Fledgling Freddie
Fadeh said:
Once i met a Bard+Hero duo. Hero only grappled me while bard ran around and dd'd me every 20 (or is it 15s timer?).
10s timer ;)

Aran Thule

Fledgling Freddie
Well given that unbuffed i have 1241 hits and buffed i have 1800, do more damage, evade more, hit more ect i think you could concider being buffed being the same as 2 unbuffed.

75% of the time im running on self buffs but still manage to have a few close fights.
Even manage to win some but its normally close to the wire.

p.s. taking a vacation from hunting BB's at emain portal keeps, but killing them was on of my main aims when i was prowling previously. <grin>

Tuppe

Fledgling Freddie
agree, nerf botts, sometimes forget disband from group after resist buffs and bott share my precious rp:s dammit!
make it so botts cannot never earn any rps :)

Arethir

Fledgling Freddie
Only way to solve this problem is to kick every bb from the game. That's the only fair thing to do. I don't have a bb, and i always run unbuffed. Which is really no point when i can't meet any soloers whether they are buffed or unbuffed anyways. 3+ buffed stealthers > unbuffed pala. Delete bb's and game would be fair again imo. They are even more OP than animists, minstrel, healers, enchanters, savages, sorcs or whatever you want to call it.

Boggy

Fledgling Freddie
I don't have a BB and usually run unbuffed, but I don't think 2 unbuffed vs 1 buffed is a fair fight.

2 people have more hit points that 1 buffed person.
2 people hve more damage output
2 people have more utility (double the breadth of spells, MLs and items)
2 people can attack from 2 directions at once
2 people can apply two effects simultaneously (eg. amnesia + nuke, stun + melee, heals + nukes)

One on one the buffed person has a huge advantage, but it starts getting more complex 2 v 1. There might be class combinations where 1 buffed is fair against 2 unbuffed, but they would be relatively few I think.

BBs may or may not be unfair but they are here to stay. Get used to it. any effort expended in compaining about them is effort better spent elsewhere.

poisono

Fledgling Freddie
Rothzak said:
nerf buffbots.

That would mean nerfing Clerics, Shamans, Druids...... What about thoose people that actually play them properlly in RvR/PvE....

*sighs*

Aran Thule

Fledgling Freddie
poisono said:
That would mean nerfing Clerics, Shamans, Druids...... What about thoose people that actually play them properlly in RvR/PvE....

*sighs*

As peat mentioned they will not do it as too much money is involved.

There is a fairly simple way to do it that wouldnt nerf active people.
Simply give them a range of 3000 and have them grey out if taken beyond that range.
so either people can go out unbuffed or they have to take thier BB with them which leaves it open to attack, either way an improvement on the current situation.

xxManiacxx

Can't get enough of FH
agree put range on all buffs imo. or a timer.

But it will never happen.

Conjurus

Fledgling Freddie
xxManiacxx said:
agree put range on all buffs imo. or a timer.

But it will never happen.

No not timer cba to rebuff all buffs every 10 min :(

Foadon

Fledgling Freddie
once again ppl are clueless when they say put range on it
while it may work to get buffs only from the mainbuffers in group, nobody likes to lose all buffs just cus someone else dies.
also, how u think mids would do if there was a range on buffs, u think theyd take 2 shamans in group or wtf? that already happened to end and now shaman gets to WASTE 8 concspots for doing end in whole group (dont bs about casters and seers not needing end cus u can always use end to sprint away, others get a pulse = no conc, that leaves shaman with 12 buffs to give out, providing he would only do specs then he can give 6ppl both specs, and with caster groups it goes down since casters needing acuity. while hib and alb would manage with is, mid cannot since the mainbuffer in mid isnt the mainhealer, contrary to hib and alb.
bots came in the game, nothing can be done to prevent it, unless u balance it with ALOT more conc pool, but even that is not as good as bot since ppl can die, or timered buffs that have same value as normal conc

Ginius

Fledgling Freddie
Foadon said:
while it may work to get buffs only from the mainbuffers in group, nobody likes to lose all buffs just cus someone else dies.
also, how u think mids would do if there was a range on buffs, u think theyd take 2 shamans in group or wtf? that already happened to end and now shaman gets to WASTE 8 concspots for doing end in whole group (dont bs about casters and seers not needing end cus u can always use end to sprint away, others get a pulse = no conc, that leaves shaman with 12 buffs to give out, providing he would only do specs then he can give 6ppl both specs, and with caster groups it goes down since casters needing acuity. while hib and alb would manage with is, mid cannot since the mainbuffer in mid isnt the mainhealer, contrary to hib and alb.
bots came in the game, nothing can be done to prevent it, unless u balance it with ALOT more conc pool, but even that is not as good as bot since ppl can die, or timered buffs that have same value as normal conc

Ah, you get some trouble with places in group for useful chars then, hm?
Same problem in Albion might. So why don't give it a try? :flame:

poisono

Fledgling Freddie
You cant try things..... I mean they have to be thought about worked out talked over.... Cant just try something new in a MMORPG and go ooops no crap idea lets take it all back to source :D

Puppet

Part of the furniture
Foadon said:

Your shaman-whine is true; but its also a perfect compensation for the fact shamans can get most shears and the focus-shell without loosing something REALLY important; contrary to druids and clerics loosing spreadheals.

Foadon

Fledgling Freddie
Ginius said:
Ah, you get some trouble with places in group for useful chars then, hm?
Same problem in Albion might. So why don't give it a try? :flame:

what problem would that be, standard albion group gets 2 clerics = basic healing class and buff class
mids get 2 healers or 3, depending on setup u take, now 1 healer has to go pac and the other aug if u only run 2, which leaves the healer having to do the 2 most important jobs, cc and heal, yes mids have some features on same classes, but with toa that just gets bad, unless u can find a pac healer who can get 25-26dex cap 10% cast speed 10%range 25%duration 25%heal alot of %power pool and still getting all needed stuff capped. id rather have 2 pure healing healers and use another spot for a sorc who can mez AND do dmg with debuffing
before toa healers were indeed much better, but getting all toa bonuses for 2features on 1 class is close to impossible

Foadon

Fledgling Freddie
and saying that u can take more then 1 shaman in is just plain stupid, would u take in a 2nd class when u know that it will just gimp the group since the shaman will just be a portable buffbot? be my guest and show me good setups with 2 shamans in, but its just not possible

Shike

Can't get enough of FH
if that fact you present would cause a large problem Foadon, then it would be changed pretty fast. Anyway, Mythic+$$$$=<3 so it wont happen that BBs are restricted via range or so..

an easy solution would be to halve buffs delves so they dont have such an impact on a toons performance.

Totyn

One of Freddy's beloved
You could also make it so buffs steals rps from the character when the buffer is not grouped to that person. So they have to make a choice, buffed with less rps per kill or unbuffed with more rps.

Aldrick

Fledgling Freddie
Totyn said:
You could also make it so buffs steals rps from the character when the buffer is not grouped to that person. So they have to make a choice, buffed with less rps per kill or unbuffed with more rps.
that wouldnt work, they would rather go buffed and get some rp:s then go unbuffed and get no rp:s.

Totyn

One of Freddy's beloved
Aldrick said:
that wouldnt work, they would rather go buffed and get some rp:s then go unbuffed and get no rp:s.

Well, make it so the buffbot takes like 2/3 of all the rps from a full buffed guy, that would maybe stop some of them. Atleast from getting RR quick :)

Arethir

Fledgling Freddie
Foadon said:
what problem would that be, standard albion group gets 2 clerics = basic healing class and buff class
mids get 2 healers or 3, depending on setup u take, now 1 healer has to go pac and the other aug if u only run 2, which leaves the healer having to do the 2 most important jobs, cc and heal, yes mids have some features on same classes, but with toa that just gets bad, unless u can find a pac healer who can get 25-26dex cap 10% cast speed 10%range 25%duration 25%heal alot of %power pool and still getting all needed stuff capped. id rather have 2 pure healing healers and use another spot for a sorc who can mez AND do dmg with debuffing
before toa healers were indeed much better, but getting all toa bonuses for 2features on 1 class is close to impossible

Look at it this way mate! 2 healers+ 2 shamans== 2 sorcs+2 clerics!!

SevenSins

Fledgling Freddie
I'd love range on buffs. I'd just group my cleric with infil, respec Battlemaster and bodyguard her on low HP.

Problem solved tbh :p

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom