Buffbots more and more common

K

kenid

It has come to my (sad) attention that more and more people are starting to use buffbots. When I port to emain or odins, I see lots of clerics standing in our pk, where there used to be only 1 or 2 a few months back. I am certain the same situation is happening in Hibernia and Midgard.
My question is why are you all spending your money and time in buffbots? If this continues I am certain that very soon every serious player will be owning one. Because as it is, if a solo-er engages another solo-er there's a big chance one of them is buffed like a bull on steroids.
In the end everyone will be using buffbots, so not to be weaker to the other guy. Which takes us to square one. Because it will allmost be exactly the same as in the beginning when everyone (not grouped) was unbuffed.
Only difference is you are all paying good money for an extra account, in the mean time GOA are laughing themselfs rich.

Is this crazy, or is it just me?

A

Aussie-

blame brommix/alpha and Xanatea they started it! :DDDD

E

Ekydus

Originally posted by kenid
Because as it is, if a solo-er engages another solo-er there's a big chance one of them is buffed like a bull on steroids.

Even if they did not have a buffbot every time you intercept someone one on one you will always run that risk.

It is also noticable that the number of Clerics in Albion are decreasing too. The ones that are made usually end their career as a buffbot. Whoop de doo.

K

Kagato.

Problem is those of us who like to solo are usually the prime targets for buffed up assassin classes, so, how can you deal with them without buffs yourself? You can't avoid what you can't see.

A

Archeon

Get Truesight?

Nah, just kidding. I agree the number of people relying on buffbots is getting more and more, being the kind of guy i am (support class nut) i'm rarely, if ever seen out of groups in RvR situations. There is the odd occasion when i'm running solo to some place for some reason (nothing like a bit of late-night GG soloing to farm the cash i need so badly) but usually i'm smart enough to avoid the well travelled routes. (incidentally did you know you have less chance of running into albions if you follow the road from the MMG to AMG as oppose to following the higher up routes past DC or against the zone wall? people are so concerned with staying out of sight then never even bother to look these days :D)

Still, like you said eventually it'l reach a point where everyone has a lvl 50 BB and their all back to square one. Except that while everyone else has been getting BB's so they can compete the leet boys will have farmed lots of RP, thus they'l have an advantage in RA's.... all i can say is thank-god Mythic removed IP from assasins otherwise it would be enough to make me weep.

I feel sorry for those soloers that choose not to use BB's as a matter of principal (or maybe its just cause you can't afford one* ;)) because really Mythic will never fully address the buffbot issue, they are afterall a business and out to make money. Still maybe they could atleast include new features that would make all classes group friendly not just the Warriors, Zerkas, Healers, Shamans, Runies, SMs, Thanes, Skalds... and umm, maybe savages (but i still hate their self-buffs :rolleyes:)

Anyway, i'm done. Going to sleep, nite

* = before people start screaming at me. No i can't afford one either... then again i'm a walking, talking buffbot... well, healerbot :)

L

loxleyhood

I prefer to group in RvR, I just find it the more profitable and fun way. But im not scared of soloing however, and unless a friend's bot is on I'll go out there unbuffed and do my best.

Yes I get pwned by every fool with a bot, but it's not actually too hard to pick your fights, and there are people out there that still play honestly and make the game fun solo.

O

old.Niljindil

Id love to stop paying for my buffbot, i really would, but seeing as it would be no fun i wont do that :(

Edit: Oh and its greeeat for pling BG alts :great:

C

Cap'n Sissyfoo

I have a buffbot that I use mainly to help me farm moolah for my crafter. If she ever dings 50 (depends on if I ever scrape enough cash together to buy a new mobo for my buff pooter) then I may end up using her in RvR. I really don't want to have to do this because I really don't think it is fair on those poor bastards who don't have access to buffs but if I am offered buffs in an RvR situation by someone else then I am damn well not going to turn them down. Why? Because you can bet your sweet ass that the hibbie/middie group you run into is going to be buffed up to their eyeballs.

Think of it as an arms race; they got buffbots so we have buffbots to stay in the race. Eventually everyone will have buffbots and buff bot use will become the norm. Nobody will be able to remember what it was like to play without buffs. Tanks will no longer be pissing themselves at the thought of meeting a stealther, casters will no longer be pissing themselves at the thought of going to emain/odins and stealthers will just be plain pissed that they aren't the most uber fucking classes in the game anymore. Actually, scratch that, casters will be obsolete by then anyway...thankyou Mythic. :p

Regardless, all the realms will be slightly more balanced on the field with regard to buffs so all mythic will need to do is address the class balancing problems and the game will be saved.

...apart from Albion which will be totally fucked because all their clerics will be motionless automatons standing around at the TKs ready to dispense buffs.

T

tildson

Buffbots rock, accept it and live with it - because i highly doubt that Mythic would change the present standing and lose luts of $$$.

Oh, and btw, Jazhara was the real founder of the buffbot-concept on Excalibur ;)

S

Sharma

heh last time i played "spot the buffbot" in emain on the alb portal keep on prydwen i think i found roughly 10 or 11, midgard had about the same, bet ya can guess roughly the amount of stealthers in emain from the buffbot numbers too :rolleyes:

T

tildson

Xana counted 33bb's at Asian primetime on MLF (US-servers)

:clap:

K

Khalen

Not to mention people don't make normal xp groups anymore because soloing oranges seem more profitable ;)

T

twistedmind

I still don't have a buffbot. and i am not considering one right away. allthough if you are lucky and go solo you will see one or more players solo with a buffbot. and you ask if he can buff you and you get one. but then you will get eager and go for the big kill reds solo without healer and die. the buffs drops. but it is more fun to solo oranges without buffs then with buffs. then you know you do good dmg. most i have seen in emain is 14 bb's on midgard but i am not so often in emain.

S

Silenzio

Originally posted by Khalen
Not to mention people don't make normal xp groups anymore because soloing oranges seem more profitable ;)

lot ov classes can solo easely orange....

due to class specc n that thing kalled SC...

buff bot arent nice...

but have been massively in use for bout 6 month or more, isnt a recent habit...

i've been arround lone n unbuffed... sometime i kill sometimes i dont (most ov the time)

but cant negate they r freeking usefull as a clerik....
n i dont think all the clerik u see at atk were played before n now only buff bot...

buffbot r full enanch... wile clerik ov the past were mixed spec
or rejuv ecc...

bla bla bla... ecc

make Tk "magical shielded" so no conc buff can be used safetly inside... buff bot will be still used in pve or in keep defence maybe but have to take risko too

bb

M

medowind

Thing is the buff bot problem has been addressed in rvr, they removed the cap making more people spend more money getting them because you can be uber and solo the other realm :/

Roll on inevitable patch that lowers rvr damage by 50%, I mean another one, possibly including a melee timer so you cant be hurt after someone hits you for 60 seconds :/

A

-ag-bometal

The ultimate solution:

Range on buffs...

Problem solved

It is not quite logic imo that you (in RP style) can be boosted by a spell from a cleric while the cleris is 15 km away from you. Mythic will prob never fix buffbots because the are good $$$$ for them :/

S

Silenzio

range on buf is crap..
ud be no more able to help anyone arround u...

buffbot affect hevely only rvr so make em not castable wile in tk... thats all

O

old.shotgunstow

Originally posted by Kagato.
Problem is those of us who like to solo are usually the prime targets for buffed up assassin classes, so, how can you deal with them without buffs yourself? You can't avoid what you can't see.

What you do is you DONT solo. No class is meant for soloing anyway.

G

granny

Oi! Loxleyhood! You nicked my avatar!! Thieeffff!!!! I made that :/

T

Trinilim

Originally posted by Silenzio
range on buf is crap..
ud be no more able to help anyone arround u...

buffbot affect hevely only rvr so make em not castable wile in tk... thats all

hell no

You know how long it'd take to buff everyone like that?

By the time you finished the last buff on the last person you'd either:

A: Be out of power
B: notice that the first person's buffs have faded
C: realize that you've gotta do this once every 10 fecking minutes.

C

Cap'n Sissyfoo

Originally posted by old.shotgunstow
What you do is you DONT solo. No class is meant for soloing anyway.

~cough~ Scouts?

O

old.LandShark

If hunting, scouting and ranging don't imply soloing, I want to know what does ;)
And assassination, climb walls and on so likewise.

A

Aule Valar

why not make all buffs like the new shaman end regen, they stop working at a range greater than 1500, but stay on target and work if you go back in range of caster
this would need to be upped to a range of at least 2000 really, preferably something like 3000 (although anyone who is out of range of his cleric deserves to die)

L

loxleyhood

Originally posted by granny
Oi! Loxleyhood! You nicked my avatar!! Thieeffff!!!! I made that :/

Bah. Thought you would never come on Excalibur forums. :p

G

granny

Originally posted by loxleyhood
Bah. Thought you would never come on Excalibur forums. :p

<stabs loxleyhood in the foot>

tbh i stole the orignal pic from the Tropico website anyway :p

L

loxleyhood

Originally posted by granny
<stabs loxleyhood in the foot>

tbh i stole the orignal pic from the Tropico website anyway :p
I know you did, got the game. ;)

A

Alcoholic

if you dont want to spend the time to make a buffbot, why do you want to spend the time leveling a char.

Lets all just go emain with lvl 1 characters (no SC armour plz:p)

B

bracken_woodman

Originally posted by Aule Valar
why not make all buffs like the new shaman end regen, they stop working at a range greater than 1500, but stay on target and work if you go back in range of caster
this would need to be upped to a range of at least 2000 really, preferably something like 3000 (although anyone who is out of range of his cleric deserves to die)

Agreed.

T

The Kingpin

hehe, i new Granny would pop around about that avatar soon..

Users who are viewing this thread