Buffbots in Thid?

A

Adelle

When I killed an nightshade in Thidranki earlier today, she dropped a lot of buffs without any kind of healer/buff class nearby, so I have to asume that she was using a buffbot.

So, uhm, I have a question - why does people use buffbots in Thidranki? Is it really that important to win all the time, that people feel the need to use them even in what's supposed to be a "training" RvR area (but hey, real RvR is full of buffbot users, so I guess it's good training!)?

This is not a whine, really, I'm just curious as to how the minds of those that feel the need to be über all the time works :)

O

old.Zchez

well.. i don't have 1 my self, but i never mind getting buffs... would be nice though if ppl didn't have them :D

C

Crashtje

i been buffing since i came into bg1 today, nice guy been buffing me, makes it alot more enjoybale, the ability to beat any class 1v1 melee :) shame theres so many FUCKING ALBS!!

D

Danya

Most hibs seem to use buffbots and they're fairly common in alb/mid too. Don't use one for thid myself. :p

E

edoa

Well...

If you want a chance agaisnt players like Useless you have to have an BB since they are using one to.

O

old.Zchez

it is sad that hibs are so easy even if buffed ;)

O

old.Bubble

Originally posted by [PDC]Alexie
i been buffing since i came into bg1 today, nice guy been buffing me, makes it alot more enjoybale, the ability to beat any class 1v1 melee :) shame theres so many FUCKING ALBS!!

sad sad...:)

O

old.Zchez

Re: Hehe

Originally posted by edoa
Nice of you to blow kisses to me :)

hehe, well what can i say? i want the peeps to feel welcome on our part :D

O

old.Mu.

MPK is usually guarded by 8 or 9 brave, naked, blue-con seers.

V

valky

i miss my buffbot :( wait!... no ! i miss my accounts!

gifv me my passwords !

lol

C

Crashtje

im gunna do a /level bot soon, iw as unbuffed and beat useless , he was battering my vw pal, it was basically 1v1 and i won

T

Thug

Yu won?

Well lets get this straight - Useless dishes out damage mainly from poison. If yu attack him after he has been belting someone else you got a very good chance to kill him cos his poisons have been used up - debuff and lethal. One on one means you fight someone as if in a duel - not after the other person has already been in a fight.

Useless 24 Valkyn SB

B

bigchief

Re: Yu won?

Originally posted by Thug
Well lets get this straight - Useless dishes out damage mainly from poison. If yu attack him after he has been belting someone else you got a very good chance to kill him cos his poisons have been used up - debuff and lethal. One on one means you fight someone as if in a duel - not after the other person has already been in a fight.

Useless 24 Valkyn SB

Useless attacks you with his axe
You are hit for 170 damage!

In melee ... thats hardly the poison doing the damage :rolleyes:

S

sardine

The reason why the is prolly so many BB in this is becasue of all the lvl 50's who have BB...since /level came out maybe lvl 50's decided to play thid for abit...and made a BB on thir other BB account, so i wouldnt really call it training RvR atm since as lots of lvl 50 alts are there :)

T

Thug

Buffing

Long and unresolved problem is buffing. Trouble is ain't no fun coming against other players that are buffed. A buffed slash inf is murderous to a SB and in my time there i met a lot of them. Wot can yu do but join them and get a buffbot yourself? Tis really all you can do until DAOC do something about it. I don't blame any player from using them as things are at the moment. I would say at least 60-80% of the players i met had some sort of buff or another - or a full set of buffs. Personally i would be happy to dispense with buffbots in RVR altogether or make it so that everyone gets to be buffed - level the playing field. At the moment though tis not looking likely.

Useless level 26 Valkyn SB

V

valky

Re: Re: Yu won?

Originally posted by bigchief
Useless attacks you with his axe
You are hit for 170 damage!

Are your resists max? Cause no sb has ever done that dmg per swing (except for PA) on my shade..

O

old.Mu.

Hib leather is resistant to slash though. Plus, if you were smart enough to be an elf, you're running around with a total of 25% slash resist in Thid. No Alb can match that.

(At least, I think he's an Alb :p).

E

edoa

!!!

Originally posted by old.Mu.
Hib leather is resistant to slash though. Plus, if you were smart enough to be an elf, you're running around with a total of 25% slash resist in Thid. No Alb can match that.

(At least, I think he's an Alb :p).

25% where the fuck does that come from? 13+2 makes it 15 not 25 and saracean can have the same.

B

bigchief

Re: Re: Re: Yu won?

Originally posted by valky
Are your resists max? Cause no sb has ever done that dmg per swing (except for PA) on my shade..

yes

S

sardine

it is sad that hibs are so easy even if buffed

Only why us Hibs are easy even if Buffed because a solo Hib cant do much agaisnt a zerg of albs/mids :(

O

old.Mu.

Re: !!!

25% where the fuck does that come from? 13+2 makes it 15 not 25 and saracean can have the same.

Did you completely miss out the bit where I said 'Hib leather is resistant to slash' or what?

RCP.

E

edoa

Re: Re: !!!

Originally posted by old.Mu.
Did you completely miss out the bit where I said 'Hib leather is resistant to slash' or what?

RCP.

<cough> yeah I got bad eyesight <cough> not my fault...

O

old.Zchez

omg, was playing a little ago, was first grp'd with a blue sb and killed nicely at apk, then we get us a healer(also blue but weee.. easier with heals and some healer buffs! :clap:

but then we get rdy and then this infil(Maldic) pops me and makes close to 400dmg on me and nearly 1 hit me(the healer was slow and didn't notice it, but ok, it was fast), and then last the sb comes and attacks when we are dead but get killed.. that is kind a insane since i normaly win 50/50 on infils.. even if they pa/backstab me... :p

it's not ment as whine, i just think it was insane what a bb can do, even though that some buffed still sucks *cough*shanghaiis*cough* :D

maldic, if you read this then plz post your stats'n'stuff..

btw, you deserved the laughs you made :clap:

edit:
add'd alittle

O

old.Atrox

bringing a BB into thid is like bringing a Gun to kindergarden.

S

sardine

There is this dude...cant remember his name but he was a dark green Merc i think...buffed to the brians he took out me and wookee both shades out solo :-((

E

edoa

hehe

Originally posted by old.Atrox
bringing a BB into thid is like bringing a Gun to kindergarden.

BB = Bonedancer? :p

Its the only class I acctually got problem with... If I get off the BT they are down in 1 shot but its quite rare they dont rebuff it after ive taken it down and re-stealthed.

O

old.Zchez

Re: hehe

Its the only class I acctually got problem with... If I get off the BT they are down in 1 shot but its quite rare they dont rebuff it after ive taken it down and re-stealthed.

it's like necros, i have tried many times but never got 1 down solo, been close a few times on blue cons though :D

C

Cinwin

Re: hehe

BB = buff bot, but I assume you knew that as you left a :p

As for stopping them - you cant - as you can't easily distinguish between a playing buffing char and a buff bot. (other than the fact they move about n stuff - hence the 30min auto boot feature)

Besides - how much fun is it knowing you just downed someone where they were buffed to the tits, and you have none. :D

A

Adelle

Re: Re: hehe

Originally posted by Cinwin
Besides - how much fun is it knowing you just downed someone where they were buffed to the tits, and you have none. :D [/B]

That's true! Nothing is as enjoyable as taking down buffboted-to-the-teeth <waves to Ende and Urdagger> players :)

Users who are viewing this thread