Buffbot system changed!!!

S

StormriderX

Mythic has always been a company that listens to its customers and we will always continue to do so. Continuing in that tradition we present the community with the following update.

"Buff-bots" as they are referred to throughout the player community have become an increasingly debated issue as of late. There are compelling arguments both for and against the use of characters created and used simply for the purpose of maintaining the positive effects of buffs. In general these "buff-bots", remain in the safety of a Portal Keep or Realm Gate while the recipient of these buffs is engaged in combat elsewhere. We have determined that this practice is against the spirit of the game and will not be permitted to continue.

Through an upcoming series of patches to the test server we will be testing a new combination of buffing system and subscription structure. Let me preface this description with the promise that existing players that receive buffs from other players participating and accompanying them in battle will not affected. This change is to target the "buff-bot" style of play only.

The first change to be tested is a range-limit on all concentration based buffs. The exact range has not yet been determined but it will be significant.

The second change is the introduction of a second subscription type for our service. The exact cost of this new account type has not been finalized but it will be slightly higher than the existing rate. Characters created under these new accounts will not have range limited concentration buffs and concentration buffs cast by these characters will not drop when changing zones. These characters will however be limited in other ways;

- The only character type able to be created will be Nurture spec Druid for Hibernia, Augmentation spec Shaman for Midgard and Enhance spec Cleric for Albion.

- These characters will not be able to leave their home Portal Keeps or Realm Gates

- These characters will be unable to gain experience or Realm Points but will have access to a "/level 50" command similar to the existing "/level 20" and "/level 30" commands

- No characters on these accounts will they be able to equip armor or weapons of any kind.

- All characters created on these new accounts must have a clever variation on the term "buff" contained within their name.

We feel that the implementation of these changes will address many of the concerns of our players. Stay tuned for upcoming notices with further clarification on these pending changes.

Mark

http://www.camelolherald.com/more/986.html

O

old.ST200

IT's from came-lol-herald (yes im trying to spoil the joke, owned)

B

Belanna

Oo, insta lvl 50? If only it were true :/

E

Elric IA

I read the first paragraph or so of this and actually thought it was real

until....

then i saw the URL

R

Ravenbourne

Originally posted by Elric IA
I read the first paragraph or so of this and actually thought it was real

until....

then i saw the URL

same :)

C

Coim-

Originally posted by StormriderX
Mythic has always been a company that listens to its customers and we will always continue to do so.
I read up to there and knew it was a fake.

S

Sharp Thing

Mythic has always been a company that listens to its customers and we will always continue to do so.
this is were i figured it was fake :m00:

C

Coim-

Re: Re: Buffbot system changed!!!

Originally posted by Sharp Thing
this is were i figured it was fake :m00:
Beat you to it. Blatantly stealing my joke tbh. :p

S

Sharp Thing

Re: Re: Re: Buffbot system changed!!!

Originally posted by Coim-
Beat you to it. Blatantly stealing my joke tbh. :p
20sec post system h4x delayed my humor :(

C

Coim-

Re: Re: Re: Re: Buffbot system changed!!!

Originally posted by Sharp Thing
20sec post system h4x delayed my humor :(
Its my humor now. :flame:

J

Jergiot

hehe every infil/sb/ns close to heartattack there :p

O

old.LandShark

I thought it was true until I read the title of the thread :rolleyes:

C

cercela

i've talked to people about a range limit on Buffs.

BUt then I guess the BB would /stick their masters then if he's losing he can switch over to bot to spam heals on himself.

I dont think we'll ever get rid of buffbots because in this day any assassin without a buffbot is asking for certine death imo.

I thought the thing was a fake because when has Mythic ever done anything?

X

xplo

w00t... <faints>

<wakes up> oh it isn't for real :(

A

Arnor

Originally posted by cercela
I dont think we'll ever get rid of buffbots because in this day any assassin without a buffbot is asking for certine death imo.

how can it be certain death if noone can have a buffbot?

and if they are running with bb on stick, then atleast you have a chance of killing that.

Tetheredbuffs4tehwin!

T

Trinilim

:(

I thought it was real up to the introduction of a new account type...

>.<

C

cougar-

Originally posted by old.ST200
IT's from came-lol-herald (yes im trying to spoil the joke, owned)

some real ownage there.

B

Belomar

Originally posted by cercela
BUt then I guess the BB would /stick their masters then if he's losing he can switch over to bot to spam heals on himself.
Ooh, yes, very likely that all the assassins will stick their bots on them when they head out in combat... Kind of defeats the power of stealth, now doesn't it?

P

Powahhh

Mythic has always been a company that listens to its customers and we will always continue to do so. Continuing in that tradition we present the community with the following update.

"Buff-bots" as they are referred to throughout the player community have become an increasingly debated issue as of late. There are compelling arguments both for and against the use of characters created and used simply for the purpose of maintaining the positive effects of buffs. In general these "buff-bots", remain in the safety of a Portal Keep or Realm Gate while the recipient of these buffs is engaged in combat elsewhere. We have determined that this practice is against the spirit of the game and will not be permitted to continue.

Through an upcoming series of patches to the test server we will be testing a new combination of buffing system and subscription structure. Let me preface this description with the promise that existing players that receive buffs from other players participating and accompanying them in battle will not affected. This change is to target the "buff-bot" style of play only.

The first change to be tested is a range-limit on all concentration based buffs. The exact range has not yet been determined but it will be significant.

The second change is the introduction of a second subscription type for our service. The exact cost of this new account type has not been finalized but it will be slightly higher than the existing rate. Characters created under these new accounts will not have range limited concentration buffs and concentration buffs cast by these characters will not drop when changing zones. These characters will however be limited in other ways;

- The only character type able to be created will be Nurture spec Druid for Hibernia, Augmentation spec Shaman for Midgard and Enhance spec Cleric for Albion.

- These characters will not be able to leave their home Portal Keeps or Realm Gates

- These characters will be unable to gain experience or Realm Points but will have access to a "/level 50" command similar to the existing "/level 20" and "/level 30" commands

- No characters on these accounts will they be able to equip armor or weapons of any kind.

- All characters created on these new accounts must have a clever variation on the term "buff" contained within their name.

We feel that the implementation of these changes will address many of the concerns of our players. Stay tuned for upcoming notices with further clarification on these pending changes.

Mark

http://www.camelolherald.com/more/986.html

almost got us but
http://www.came[b]lol[/b]herald.com/more/986.html

LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOL
very good one :):)

Users who are viewing this thread