Buff bots...

S

smincy

For security reasons we didn't want to add the login in the mail with your new password.

So if you have several accounts, you have received several mails, and all you have to do is use the correct login with the corresponding password.

okay, im now convinced that GOA/Mythic are never going to do anything to stop the use of buff bots, as they actively acknowledge that alot of people have more than one account.

so as the old saying goes, if you cant beat them, join them.

im planning to run 2 daoc clients on my one machine, is anyone else out there whos doing this ?

FYI my pc is specced as follows :
Athlon XP 2400+ (2Ghz),
768 Mb (PC2700 ? cant rememeber :p) DDR-RAM
Audigy 2 Platinum Sound Card
MSI Geforce 4 Ti4600 gfx card
56k atm, in 1-2 weeks ADSL :) (512K to start off with)

do u guys think it is possible to run both clients off one machine ?

-editted to fix the quoting... :p

A

Arnor

Originally posted by smincy
<QUOTE>For security reasons we didn't want to add the login in the mail with your new password.

So if you have several accounts, you have received several mails, and all you have to do is use the correct login with the corresponding password.

GOA news</QUOTE>

okay, im now convinced that GOA/Mythic are never going to do anything to stop the use of buff bots, as they actively acknowledge that alot of people have more than one account.

im planning to run 2 daoc clients on my one machine, is anyone else out there whos doing this ?

Athlon XP 2400+ (2Ghz),

so it took you a mail from goa to grasp that they will NEVER EVER do anything about 1.5x income?

S

Sibanac

yeah easy, i can run 2 accounts on a 2000xp with GF4200ti and 1GB ram

S

smincy

Re: Re: Buff bots...

Originally posted by Arnor
so it took you a mail from goa to grasp that they will NEVER EVER do anything about 1.5x income?

nope but it was the proverbial last straw

S

smincy

Originally posted by Sibanac
yeah easy, i can run 2 accounts on a 2000xp with GF4200ti and 1GB ram

what kinda performance do u get ? and do u run both with SI ? or classic DOAC client ?

H

Hargh

i can run 2 with my P700 with 768mb ram and a geforce 256pro. but i cant stick bot to main, can leave bot somewhere np and use the main , if i alt tab too much i will crash out.

my highest bot is L10 tho so shows how much i use it :D

ps i have adsl.

J

Javai

OK they aren't going to stop people have more than one account because they get more money. But the quote you include could just as easily apply to households with one e-mail address and more than one player.

S

Starman

Buff bots?

Forgive my n00bness - I've not played DAoC since release (But do want to restart if anyones willing to take someone under their wing :p).

L

Lorthania

Having two accounts does not necessarily mean you're buffbotting... You can have two accounts on the same name and play on two different servers/realms altogether.

But I think you already knew that... :)

T

tripitaka

Athlon XP 2400+ (2Ghz),

-editted to fix the quoting... :p

Youll find the windowed bot that sits behind ur main, will lag a bit - sometimes to the point of stopping following u. (Thats from other ppl telling me about it).

I currently run any 2nd account on a lappy, and my main on a powerful desktop - with a router etc etc. so no worries there.

H

Hyuga Hinata

Originally posted by Starman
Buff bots?

Forgive my n00bness - I've not played DAoC since release (But do want to restart if anyones willing to take someone under their wing :p).

Basically people who has an extra active account running a Shaman/Cleric/Druid on it who sits idly at a PK or a border keep providing uber buffs while being immune to harm due to the guards around them.

Basically they allow the owner to play the game on easy mode.

PS: Oh and for anyone who is gonna throw a temper tantrum for my above remark flame me all you want. It won't make it any less true. :p

S

smincy

Originally posted by Lorthania
Having two accounts does not necessarily mean you're buffbotting... You can have two accounts on the same name and play on two different servers/realms altogether.

okay you can play 2 different realm on seperate servers using one accountm, but im sure u all ready knew that :)

The other possibilty with having 2 accounts, and playing two realms on the same server, which has got to be against soem rule somewhere, due to the fact u can spy and let your favourite realm know when relic raids are planned for example.

Originally posted by Hyuga Hinata
Basically they allow the owner to play the game on easy mode.

hey, im no big fan of the idea, but am considering it, as playing against opponents who are using buff bots is, well, like playing the game on very hard ... (alomost impossible)

J

jobil

Why on earth do you think they'd even consider doing anything about buff bot accs. other than promote them????? It's $'s to them and lots of them.
I seriously hope you're not thinking GOA is a charity community, I'm afraid you'll be VERY disappointed

F

Flimgoblin

Originally posted by Lorthania

I have a smite-bot on my second account ... oh well maybe next time ;)

I don't think they'll nerf buffbots - they might boost actively played buff-specs though.

O

old.Sandariel

I'd like to see some kind of "unbuff poison" for assassins.

While it lasts, the poison would grey out all currently active conc based (not the caster self buffs etc.) buffs on a char and make them ineffective for lets say... 30 seconds - resists.

This would:
a) help assassins who are not buffed against those who are buffbotted

b) make assassins at least a little bit more desirable in groups

c) make a lot of people happy, since the people complaining about buffbots the most are assassins, who'd have a way to counter buffbots then.

Well, just a thought :)
Might cause some other problems, dunno, but on a first thought it sounds nice :)

Anyway, Nerf Buffbots :D

H

Hyuga Hinata

Re: Re: Re: Buff bots...

hey, im no big fan of the idea, but am considering it, as playing against opponents who are using buff bots is, well, like playing the game on very hard ... (alomost impossible)

I know, I know. The game in it's current state puts the unbuffed player at a huge disadvantage. As such I don't really have a problem with people like you who create them as a last resort, people I DO have a problem with is the ones who buys 2 copies of the same time and proceed to make a buffbot from day one. :eek:

The person I blame is the one who started the whole buffbot thing. If I knew who that was I'd hunt him down, pour acid over his body while having a pack of rabid wild dogs chewing at him, followed by a hanging while shooting him 12 times in the chest with a double barreled shotgun.

PS: You can probably see how much I hate buffbots from my above reply :eek:

S

smincy

Originally posted by old.Sandariel
I'd like to see some kind of "unbuff poison" for assassins.

While it lasts, the poison would grey out all currently active conc based (not the caster self buffs etc.) buffs on a char and make them ineffective for lets say... 30 seconds - resists.

This would:
a) help assassins who are not buffed against those who are buffbotted

b) make assassins at least a little bit more desirable in groups

c) make a lot of people happy, since the people complaining about buffbots the most are assassins, who'd have a way to counter buffbots then.

Well, just a thought :)
Might cause some other problems, dunno, but on a first thought it sounds nice :)

Anyway, Nerf Buffbots :D

omg where to start :p

<start picking> :D

unbuffing poisons these would be extrememly hard to code, assasins already are the RvR kings, doing this qould just overpower them. most assasins can get a grp if they ask, but most want a stealth only grp or wanna solo.

these posions would not help assisins with groups in PvE, as 1, poisons take time to be applied and faster paced grps wont wanna wait, and 2, most mobs dont use buffs or buff bots for that matter, they mostly use delf buffs, which according to your plan would not be affected :p

imo, the reason why assasins complain the most about buffbots, is because every man and his dog has an assasin they are extremely common class.

O

old.Sandariel

1) I actually meant RvR groups...
I think it's quite obvious an "unbuff poison" would be worthless in PvE.
In RvR tho, being able to unbuff this evil enemy healer or whatever would boost assassins group performance quite a bit.

2) Hard to code? Why? They can put range on Shammy endurance buffs and make them grey out.
If:
If range > 5000 (or whatever the limit is) then grey out endurance buff
is possible, why shouldn't:
If "unbuffpoisonflag" == 1 then grey out buffs
be possible?

The reason why assassins complain about buffbots the most, is that they are (usually) the only ones soloing out there, and thus stand no chance against a buffbotted opponent (usually other assassins)

An unbuff poison would negate the bot and thus even the playing field (imo)

Buffbots don't really have a big impact on fg battles since everyone's buffed there anyway.
No big impact on Zerg RvR either, since if you get zerged you won't live long, no matter if you're uber buffed or not...

They DO have a big impact on botted 1vs1 fights...

Well, still possible I forgot something absolutely unbalancing about this poison, but I still somehow like this idea =D

S

smincy

you can take down a healer in a few hits anyway buffed or not... the only peopal e this would help u majorly with is defensive tanks and assassins.

O

old.Sandariel

Was just a random example ;)

The point is: It would nerf buffbots, but not actively played buffers. They could still buff whoever they want wherever they want. If somebody gets unbuffed in a fg fight... ->points at cure poison.
And since all realms would have access to it no one could complain I think ;)

It wouldn't make buffbots completely useless either, so buffbotted people would most likely use them anyway. This way Mythic can keep their precious buffbotmoney while a little bit more balance sneaked into the game ;)

Oh well, was just a thought since the whole buffbot crap is annoying me quite a bit ;)

Nerf Mythic! $_$

O

old.linnet

Originally posted by old.Sandariel
1) I actually meant RvR groups...
I think it's quite obvious an "unbuff poison" would be worthless in PvE.
In RvR tho, being able to unbuff this evil enemy healer or whatever would boost assassins group performance quite a bit.

But really, apart from stealthers, who cares about assassins? We already have debuff spells.

D

Damon_D

You dont like buff bot's.. well tough shit.... I OWN 4 accounts all based on pryd/mid , atm making it so that my fotm lvl 20 BD can have both the second best pox and lvl 47 aug buff's...now plz hate me....

T

thegreatest

Well that unbuff poison thing wont work, as just for example:

1. Buffed shadowblade vs. 1 Buffed Armsman

Lets say the shadowblade attacks the armsman and debuffs him, the armsman will be fighting a buffbotted character thus he will lose the fight 99% for sure...

So why do you want to give a buffed stealther advantage versus any other buffed class?

A

aphid

We need a rvr zone that limits buff range, so that people who don't have bots can fight on an even playing field.

C

case-rigantis

Originally posted by aphid
We need a rvr zone that limits buff range, so that people who don't have bots can fight on an even playing field.
:D

S

SingerOfSoul

Originally posted by tripitaka
Youll find the windowed bot that sits behind ur main, will lag a bit - sometimes to the point of stopping following u. (Thats from other ppl telling me about it).

I currently run any 2nd account on a lappy, and my main on a powerful desktop - with a router etc etc. so no worries there.

not neccesarily there is a way to mess with ur Task Manager to give higher and lower priority to each program, I dunno how to do it myself but ive heard thats how you do it.

S

Sixpack

Yes I currently have 4 accounts which also gives me the chance to use a buffbut. However, the reason I have those accounts are because I also have a girlfriend and 4 kids playing daoc. All accounts are registered to me cuz im the nerd at my home.

What I hear from you is that noone should be allowed to have more than 1 account? hmm well. I suppose theres other than I that doesnt live a single-life.

Reason to many BBs: Clerics offensive abilities missing, other chars RAs/healing abilities and prolly more stuff too.

Personally I deleted my 50 rejuv cleric because ppl were more interested in a rejuv/enhance cleric or just found that clerics wasnt really needed. And I know that a lot of ppl has been feeling that way.

Just a thought.. Nothing to whine about.

Six

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom