Buff Bots rock or not?

N

nobrot

I know we all know that buff-bots are common, and I am not whining that whenever I get killed by a buffed infil, or (if buffed myself) win a 1v1 fight and I witness all the buffs drop off my fallen enemy, it just kinda seems that if you are to stand a chance soloing in the frontiers, you either have to have a buff-bot, or accept the fact that 3 out of 4 1v1 fights are likely to end up with some uber buffed infil, luri or whatever handing me my Kobold ass on a platter;

I would love to see Mythic nerf the use of Buff-Bots, simply by limiting the range that buffs are effective in the frontiers.

But then every buf-bot is a monthly subscription to Goa, so I doubt that they would allow such a thing...

I have no intention of making a bot, because every kill I get unbuffed is a bit special, and on the odd occasion that I drop a buffed enemy, its even more special.. having said that, if an aug specced shammy (bot or not) is dishing out the buffs, then I will be first to ask if he has spare conc...

Thats my take, I just want to know what the rest of the players feel...

Join the ranks of the buff-bot users to even your chances?.

Dont go into the frontiers unless you have been buffed?.

Go anyway, and be prepared to die more than you should deserve?.

Push for Mythic to nerf bots in some way?.

Or maybe the balance between buffed and unbuffed players is not that great?, perhaps I am just crap, but when an infi jumps me and I go down in 3 hits before even switching axes to get a double frost off.. seems that it makes a BIG difference...

Like I said, not a whine, I am just interested in what everyone else thinks...

B

Balbor

theres probably a lot of SB that have buff bots as well, i usally buff people when i hit the frontier even if i'm not ready to go out yet. I don't like them much either as they are an abuse of use clerics that should really be smiting and stuning lol

O

old.willowywicca

well personnally I don't really mind buffbot users, think they're a bit silly but that's about it. sure they kill me most times but hey, it's part of the game I chose to play, if I didn't like it I'd play something else

O

old.Morchaoron

Originally posted by Balbor
clerics that should really be smiting and stunning lol

Smiting and stunning??? ahahahaha

D

Danya

heals > stun/smite. Castable stuns are gimp. Tanks have slam if you need to stun people. :p

F

Fightersuntzu

I dont like buffbots......its a rather lame way to try to get yourself better than the opposing player :p

However, realistically, mythic would never nerf buffbots because of the revenue they get (you noticed that the TA Associate report where they were partnering with mythic said their profits quadrupled........Buffbots :D ). So......

Basically, id rather not allow bots to stand in the PKs, BKs, places where they are inaccesable or invulnerable and many more things.

If the playing field cant be level because people have bots, at least make it possible to kill them :p

Should probably be implemented as a zone around the PK at the limits of the aggro/fire range of the guards - if a buffer is inside the zone and a buff(ee) is outside, start a timer - after 60s or so, the buffs drop.

Basically, no more invulnerable bots :p

Id be content with that :p

E

erl

I would love if they put in a range limit or something on the conc buffs, would make things alot funnier. But if some people needs to get buffbotted, sure, go ahead as the game is now. We all know that most buffbotters are far less skilled than those who dare to go out and solo unbuffed. And really, how fun do you think it is to kill an unbuffed person knowing that you really aren't solo, but you are a group of two but the otherwone is hugging the guards? People I've spoken with say that they get far more satisfaction when killing someone solo when they're unbuffed because it's way more fair so for me it seems that buffbotters ruin the game a bit for themselves too. But hey, the satisfaction of killing an buffed-to-the-teeth infil beats most.

</ramble>

O

old.Jeriraa

Mythic is going to officialy support buffbots soon. While now you need DAoX or a 2nd PC to run the buffbot they will activate window mode and multiple instances (or have already?) for DAoC. Then everybody and his dog can buy a 2nd account (no I dont think money was the reason for this :eek: ) and solo his way to 50. Well, at least RvR will become fair again since everybody's gonna be buffed to the max. Lets hope the number of Mids + Albs + Buffbots doesnt cause frequent zone crashes in Emain.

F

Fafnir

Well i like the idea of ranged and buffs on timer if you go out of range, but that range need to be larger than say 1500 like most spells are. Or it would mean a big nerf on shamans/druids/cleric etc. Perhaps a range of 5000 for buffs. That would mean the buffer dont need to stick on the tanks but can stay in the rear while the fights are on.

M

mirieth

I would say I pretty much agree with what Nobrot says here. I don't have one myself, but there are a few in the Guild. Generally I don't solo, being a gimped Armsman ;), but any buffbots belonging to Guildies buff our groups. Maybe that gives somewhat of an upperhand, I dunno, but at least we don't zerg. :great:

M

Madonion Slicer

Wow this subject has not been done to death toooo much has it. :rolleyes: :eek:

O

old.Plebo

I think only a small minority of people are willing to pay for two accounts and have a buffbot, so its probably not that much a problem - you often see half a dozen at the keeps, but they are usually the same players bots. The people that have buffbots tend to be those that play for all their waking hours anyway and are so high up the Realm Rank scale, they'd gank you anyway - buffbot or no buffbot.

Personally, I can't see the point of playing with a buffbot - you get more realm points maybe, but less satisfaction out of the kill. I don't think its cheating, as people are paying for two accounts and can buff if they want, but I wouldn't do it myself - just seems kinda pointless.

T

Teh Krypt

Personaly, I only don't like bots for stealth classes. I think it makes them a bit too overpowerd. Where as walker ect, he still gos down quick with my nukes ;).

I most fear Fadeh buffed :) Nerf minstrels imo :D

T

Traia

Buffbots rock, I couldn't dream of playing my friar without my buffbot tbhimofyi.

G

Generic Poster

Originally posted by Balbor
theres probably a lot of SB that have buff bots as well

SBs have self buffs, or they're given a buffbot at lv45
:p

Z

Zerg-Proof

Buffs are a part of the game, and where someone got them from is completely irrelevant. If it wasn't for these boards and IRC etc, then people wouldn't even know if someone has a buff-bot or not, might as well have been a friendly realm mate who gave them. Besides that, now with alchemy everyone can run around buffed. And to whoever said that buff-bot users are less skilled than non-buffbot users: thanx for making me laugh there, I'm sure everyone agrees with that completely retarded statement.:rolleyes:

O

old.Downanael

Everyone who says how's his and his buffbot rocks = Totally Hopeless:puke:

Everyone who uses buffbot but dont pharm that over all boards=still have some hope left

Zerg-Proof,you fall to third place :clap:

E

erl

Originally posted by Zerg-Proof
Buffs are a part of the game, and where someone got them from is completely irrelevant. If it wasn't for these boards and IRC etc, then people wouldn't even know if someone has a buff-bot or not, might as well have been a friendly realm mate who gave them. Besides that, now with alchemy everyone can run around buffed. And to whoever said that buff-bot users are less skilled than non-buffbot users: thanx for making me laugh there, I'm sure everyone agrees with that completely retarded statement.:rolleyes:

I think it makes you less skilled if you run around solo buffbotted. You will kill everything _alot_ easier and you don't have to learn any tactics because you are stronger than anyone unbuffed. By that I do of course not mean that everyone who uses buffbots are bad players, I just mean that you get too easy kills, and thus the majority don't learn any tactics, because they don't need to.

And I'm glad I can make you laugh, at least I make someone happy.

N

nobrot

Hmmm a mixed result then, I guess that bot's are OK for using in PvE and speeding up the leveling process, but the trend for leaving your bot in the zones PK whilst jumping unbuffed players is just a bit sad... it does spoil things a bit, but each to their own.

J

jammin0o

Basically, people with more money can do better in the game. Coz ppl need a High specced PC + Money for extra account to get buffbot (or 2 mid specced) it just seems silly that us poorer (student :p) gamers should have to suffer. But still wtf are they gonna do when they are all rolling around in cash laughing at us while we scream for range limits on buffs :/

/rantover

..nearly
one other thing..when a buffbot + his char are hogging a spot and there is an fg group wanting to xp and they basically give u the finger...that pisses me off! :|

Z

zYnc

Buffbots sucks, i agree... Been buffbot less with my shade all my RvR carrier now...

However, tomorrow I'm starting up my second account again! Sick to death of being killed by buffbot users.

Rambo, for once u'r gonna face me with buffs! :p

K

kain_pravus

I hate buffbots, full stop----->.<------

I've been bitching on the VN Boards for months trying to have some kind of range added, but you try taking a buff bot away from an american, it was a hostile reception :-(

A range on buffs, like an exstended pulse(simular to the skalds run buff but increased range) will have a small effect on player buffers (small effect) but would obliterate buffbots to hell, mention this and every buffbot user has a insta hissy fit. I take that back, they can still have their buff bots, just now they have to risk them if they want the positive effects.

Not only do Mythic ignore them, but their actually promoting this practice by making it easier and easier to run 'em (how obvious is, greed runs the game).

Instead of ballencing the game for all, they tip the scales for those who can pay.

A buff botted assassin= nerf already, nerf it now!

S

sieben_dapoet

personally dont like the idea of buffbots.

lvl'ing chars with boffbots = sad {as they always seem to b rude and completly wipe the spawn area out in seconds}

using buffbots in rvr, i wouldnt know too much about, im only RR2 so not much experience,

one thing though.... about the two account business

Dont ya think that having two accounts just to buff your char is a bit... well.... excessive/sad/taking game too seriously ? etc...

re. the money side of it, p00r students i feel for ya guys, as for me, im fairly well off, dont do it cause imo its excessive for what is after all a "game" =)

Z

Zerg-Proof

Originally posted by old.Downanael
Everyone who says how's his and his buffbot rocks = Totally Hopeless:puke:

Everyone who uses buffbot but dont pharm that over all boards=still have some hope left

Zerg-Proof,you fall to third place :clap:

I suppose the following:

tryfunny.jpg

G

Graknak

Ok i think some/most ppl aren't getting the point.
Meaning an enemy had buffs on doesn't mean it where uber buffs.
A Cleric in this case giving out buffs is no buffbot, a Cleric who ONLY gives out buffs is a buffbot. Nerfing the buffbot would nerf every cleric so a nerf would give more angry looks then happy faces. Also being a full Enh Cleric doesn't mean he is a buffbot, he is solely there to give his realmmates the upper hand in RvR stats-wise.
Looking at specs for instance 50 enh, 20 rejuv with rr's and items still makes a good healer and dishes out the best buffs. This however does not qualify him as a buffbot.
Another specc is something like 40 rejuv 35 enh rest smite. Again this gives above average buffs and good heals, together with some +skills and rr's these buffs are very nice and yet again this is not a buffbot.

Specs can't tell you if someone is a buffbot or not, standing afk at apk does, but then again most buffbots are used to pwrlevel alts and won't show up that often in RvR.
My 2 cents, now go buy a cookie.

O

old.mattshanes

People who don't use buffbots show they can gain rps just as good and in a more skillful way.

O

old.Hellskor

Originally posted by old.mattshanes
People who don't use buffbots show they can gain rps just as good and in a more skillful way.

...if they get any at all.

think in the last week I've met -one- unbuffed Infil, but two Infils I've never seen or heard of before, who were buffed to oblivion.
The unbuffed Infils/Shades I used to run into seem all to be playing in other realms now, or seriously considering to change realms.
See a trend ?

Users who are viewing this thread