Confused BT Infinity, Fiber and DSLAM installs

BloodOmen

I am a FH squatter
They keep upping the download speed, its more bloody upload I want :( download is pretty irrelevant after a certain point, I get about 5.4mb/s-6.0mb/s download right now, its more than enough. The only way i'd change to 500mb-1000mb is if the price is the same as my current package OR the upload speed is drastically better.

Litmus

Resident Freddy
What's the upload speed of sky fibre? 10% of the download speed?

Syri

FH is my second home
What's the upload speed of sky fibre? 10% of the download speed?
As Sky Fibre uses BT's infrastructure, at least as far as I know, it would be around 18mb on a 70mb download speed, and around 8mb with a 35mb download speed, based on my own connection using a BT line, and a neighbour's. Obviously that could vary depending on distance from the exchange etc, and also if Sky do have their own systems in place rather than just use BT's backbone, but might at least give a rough idea.

Embattle

FH is my second home
I take it Sky don't give you some sort of aids ridden router that they force you to use with their fibre ;)

old.user4556

Has a sexy sister. I am also a Bodhi wannabee.
Huzzah!

We now have DSLAM cabinets installed around the estate! One was done about a month ago, the other went in about a week ago.

How long before the cabinet appearing and the ability to order?

Embattle

FH is my second home
One company I don't see us ever going with is Virgin, they just don't stop spamming us with real mail.

Bodhi

Once agreed with Scouse and a LibDem at same time
One company I don't see us ever going with is Virgin, they just don't stop spamming us with real mail.

We get these. Which is doubly amusing as in our area, you can't get Virgin.

We're still on crappy 5Mb ADSL, but will be moving house soon and pre-requisite of anywhere we move to is Sky Fibre. I'm fed up of the internet being useless when Netflix is on.

ECA

I am a FH squatter
Virgin are awful, they have aggressive shaping/filtering, the amount of complaints you see about various services being non functional due to it...

Moriath

I am a FH squatter
Virgin are awful, they have aggressive shaping/filtering, the amount of complaints you see about various services being non functional due to it...
I can dl torrents over 10Mbits not had a problem

Raven

Fuck the Tories!
FH Subscriber
Huzzah!

We now have DSLAM cabinets installed around the estate! One was done about a month ago, the other went in about a week ago.

How long before the cabinet appearing and the ability to order?

Mine was about a week after installation but I was border line harassing them for months after they put the empty cabinet in.

old.user4556

First of the two cabinets has been brought online, I expect my cabinet will come online in the next few weeks!

smurkin

Can't get enough of FH
They keep upping the download speed, its more bloody upload I want :( download is pretty irrelevant after a certain point, I get about 5.4mb/s-6.0mb/s download right now, its more than enough. The only way i'd change to 500mb-1000mb is if the price is the same as my current package OR the upload speed is drastically better.

We have just had wireless broadband installed in our village by "buzzcom" - at the moment, I am getting 14 Mbps upload and 14 Mbps download - which is considerably better than plusnet BB (1.8/0.3 Mbps). Its £15 pcm for 100 Gb. Seems ok,

Moriath

I am a FH squatter
We have just had wireless broadband installed in our village by "buzzcom" - at the moment, I am getting 14 Mbps upload and 14 Mbps download - which is considerably better than plusnet BB (1.8/0.3 Mbps). Its £15 pcm for 100 Gb. Seems ok,
Hate limited bb.

old.user4556

I know eh, finally caught up.

old.user4556

Today was my activation date.

Got a text and email that my Infinity service was active. Got home, the home hub 5 showing an orange light with a solid orange "Broadband logo". FFS.

Phoned BT, apparently it can take up to midnight for it to become active? I checked online, and does indeed say that a solid orange light with solid orange broadband light means it's connected but my account hasn't yet switched.

Annoyingly, my neighbour's activation date was today also, got the same text and his is working fine!!!

Halp

old.user4556

FINALLY

4680812285.png

/thread

Draylor

Part of the furniture
2 years to the day after creating the thread, seems somehow appropriate that it all gets fixed today.

I give it a week before you consider going back to DSL to be about as viable an option as dialup :)

old.user4556

2 years to the day after creating the thread, seems somehow appropriate that it all gets fixed today.

I give it a week before you consider going back to DSL to be about as viable an option as dialup :)

Indeed!

It's incredible. Being able to immediately stream 4k 60fps content from Youtube on the living room TV is a sight to behold. Very happy with it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom