BT - British Tit's

T

Teh Krypt

Ok, while me and my dad sorted a house ive been living in a flat with me my dad and grandad. I got broadband there, we told them we were moving and swaping broadband to the new house would be NO PROBLEM.

Now, the phoneline at the original broadband line is in the name of my grandma.

We phoned them when we moved, spent 40ish mins trying to get the guy on the other end to understand. After my dad spoke very slowly to him, he finaly got it, we were moving house.

In the end, he took my grandads line and disconnected it. We phoned back and got his line reconnected, without broadband. And in his name not my grandmas.

My grandmas line/contract thingie was then put on the new house phone. So our new phone is in my grandmas name. We aint gona get broadband for 20 days IF everything gos fine.

What im wondering is.. how does the contract bind us to quiting? And.. if we stoped paying, who would they sue?

My grandma has been dead 3 years. :)

We just spend 30 mins (timed by phone thingie) trying to get through to complaints, still aint got through yet.

If you don't understand all of this, I don't blame you. I can hardly get my head around BT myself :D

M

Munkey-

beats my 6 month wait until my fucking ISP got around to install ADSL.

Still, chuffed to hell.

God, i feel like a 7 year old at christmas. So much stuff to download, so little time.

M

mank

saviourmachine.jpg

J

Jupitus

Good point Munkey.... don't be too quick to moan about being on 56k Krypt... try to remember there are plenty of people out there who can't get adsl on their exchanges. Took me 6 years to get it myself.

J

Jupitus

Originally posted by mank
There is now no fair sized town in Britain without at least one folk song club, and few large halls which have not presented their share of successful folksong concerts. Go to any folk song club, and in the course of an evening you are likely to hear a variety of traditional and contemporary songs sung by a hard core of experienced residents, "floor singers" and probably at least one visiting professional folk-singer, who, because he is not strictly a traditional singer but a revivalist, probably prefers to call himself a folksong singer. A nice distinction.

Perhaps one of the most popular singers in this category is Martin Carthy. Despite his youth, he is practically a foundation member of the present folksong revival. Like so many of his contemporaries, his interest initially stemmed from skiffle, and it is nearly eight years since he first started performing in public.

After three years with the Thameside Four, with a growing repertoire of British traditional songs, he decided to meet the increasing demands around the London clubs for his appearance as a solo artist. Although he has worked occasionally within a group since then, on one occasion with Rory McEwen and Lisa Turner and fleetingly with the 3 City 4, it is as a solo artist that he had made his biggest impact.

His work has been influenced by many singers and instrumentalists, which is as it should be, and there are few of the younger singer-guitarists who in their turn can deny his influence on their playing. His interest in the art of accompaniment is known and respected throughout the world of folk music, and as a result, many leading singers like to call upon his services in this capacity. In the songs he sings the words are given prime importance, his phrasing controlled in the only sensible way, by the meaning of the words and never by the rhythm of the guitar. Although in his time he has taken his songs from all over the English speaking world, his tendency is now more and more towards the English tradition, a tendency from which both he and the tradition can benefit.

Hmmm.. that's all very interesting Mank... but ermmm... a little too off topic for my liking ;)

M

Munkey-

may i enquire as to what exactly Mank is on?

N

Nylex

God, you don't use an apostrophe for plurals :/.

T

Teh Krypt

Jup, I think its more annoying to have neighburs on adsl yet im here strugling to make BT listen. Broadband is avalible I just can't get the thing :(

J

Jupitus

Don't come back here arguing about it... go and do what I said - it's sound advice.

C

Cdr

Originally posted by Teh Krypt
Jup, I think its more annoying to have neighburs on adsl yet im here strugling to make BT listen. Broadband is avalible I just can't get the thing :(

If you talk on the phone anything like you do on the forums, I'm not surprised BT cant understand you. Do you say 'rolleyes' after each sentence on the phone aswell?

T

Tom

Why did you use your Grandma's name? Is it somehow quicker to use her name to transfer your account, rather than set up a new one?

It doesn't really matter that you are using her name, lots of people send bills to me with my name wrong, but if there is no advantage, I'd just change it. It will be simpler in the long run, especially if a signature is required at some stage.

T

Teh Krypt

The thing is, it makes it even more complicated. BT are just stupid how they go about things :D.

If I was runing things at BT:

Person a wants to move house. Person a has broadband. Person b lives with person a.

I would disconnect broadband at person b's house and reconnect at at person a's new house.

But BT don't want to be simple do they :(

X

Xtro 2.0

Originally posted by Cdr
If you talk on the phone anything like you do on the forums, I'm not surprised BT cant understand you. Do you say 'rolleyes' after each sentence on the phone aswell?

I'm sorry but fking LOL.

Now...leave him alone...or something.

C

Cdr

Originally posted by Tom.
It doesn't really matter that you are using her name, lots of people send bills to me with my name wrong, but if there is no advantage, I'd just change it. It will be simpler in the long run, especially if a signature is required at some stage.

Ummmm I think it does matter if the person is dead.

I think its called 'fraud' or something....

Like he says, if he fails to pay, because the line is in his grandmas name, who are BT going to sue?

Heck, if it didnt matter, I'll go purchase stuff in my grandad's name who's been dead for nearly 10 years.

My suggestion is he gets the line disconnected under his grandmas name and then reconnected under his.

As for the whole broadband thing, BT have yet to get their arses into gear and convert my local exchange, so I have NTL. It was just a matter of ringing the order line up and saying 'Hi, I want broadband' they said fine and set a date for installation. Simple.

T

Teh Krypt

My suggestion is he gets the line disconnected under his grandmas name and then reconnected under his.

If you read my original post, you will notice its not so simple, thats why BT are idiots thus the title BT - British Tit's.

We are already paying £15 because the guy cut one line off which we didnt ask for. You want us to pay anouther £15 to get it in my dads name, oh then wait anouther 30 days for broadband?

Edit: This is also not possible. Because we have a contract on my grandmas line thus can't cancel.

T

Tom

Without being pedantic, it would only really be a problem if they'd set up the account in a dead person's name.

Sorry to keep on about your Gran Krypt.

M

mank

If I was runing things at BT:

God help us.

Person a wants to move house. Person a has broadband. Person b lives with person a.

I would disconnect broadband at person b's house and reconnect at at person a's new house.

But BT don't want to be simple do they :(

Have you ever thought for a second they probably get hundreds of people a day asking to do the same and that it might take a little longer than you'd like? I don't think it's a question of flicking a little switch. Patience is a virtue.

S

SoWat

When you had the ADSL 'transferred' to your new number, you agreed to another 12 month contract.

If you dispute this, and want to cancel, you may get away with paying off any contract you had remaining on your old line.

As to who they would sue? Well for a start they wouldn't sue anyone. Whoever requested the original ADSL line (and paid for it) would be responsible for coughing up any money owed.

For the life of me I can't understand why the new phone is still in your grandma's name.

BTOpenworld's call centres are located in India now, so I'm not surprised your dad had to speak loudly and slowly.

T

Teh Krypt

Heh.. reminds me of a nwespaper cartoon. Some arab sat on the floor with 10 broken phones in front of him that an elephant just walked over :p.
Anyway to the point.

"For the life of me I can't understand why the new phone is still in your grandma's name."

I tell you. BT are so so stupid! All we bloody want is to move house, SURLY thousands of people are in the same situation. Why do they need to transfer all these dam lines, cancel others and piss about with us on the phone for hours :(.

M

mank

sorry, but what the fuck?

Did that make no sense to anybody else, or am I just losing it?

S

SoWat

Krypt,

You are aware that BT are not the same company as BTOpenworld?

As for pissing about on the phone for hours....

The BT people are obviously having difficulty understanding what you want. Are you sure that you and your dad are making things clear? To be honest I'm confused about what it is you're after... and I've read it twice.

Do as Jup says and go to www.adslguide.org and post in the BTOpenworld section.

Y

Yoni

Gah how disappointed I thought this was going to be about breasticles :rolleyes:

M

mank

If we're discussing boobs of Brits then I'd like to vote for that Kirsty chick from Pop Idol. ding ding!

C

Cdr

Edit: This is also not possible. Because we have a contract on my grandmas line thus can't cancel.

Have you actually told them your grandma is dead?

I'm sure BT dont particularly wish to deal with the after life - they have nobody to help pay for their line rental.

Mank, I dont watch Pop Idol - care to post a pic? :)

Users who are viewing this thread