BT are wankers - discuss

S

stu

*sigh*

I love the way you all claim to hate BT, yet as Darkhorse said you all use it. More importantly, most of you really don't understand the issues that face BT as a company (or rather the dozen or so companies that BT has now become), because "BT are wankers" is about as deep as it goes. I'm amazed some of you aren't MD of all these 'shit' companies by now, you clearly know how to run them better. Or not.

BT has gone through absolutely MASSIVE internal and external changes over the past twelve months. The switch from nationalised to privatised business still hasn't been dealt with properly (like most other ex-public sector companies). And at the end of the day, they protect their business interests. That's what companies do. If you don't like it, use someone else.

Shall we have a "Microsoft are lamers (but I use Windows, and IE, and Direct X, and Office, etc etc)" conversation now?

O

old.MeddlE

Hehe, I DO hate BT, they ARE shit, and I DON't use their services. Thankfully there are other suppliers these days, although not nationwide yet. Luckily I have an option where I live, and I have excercised that option. That is what an open market, with competition, should be about, the customer having a choice. Rather than being constantly ripped off by the government backed, ex-state run monopoly.

Oh, and leave Microsoft alone, without them computing wouldn't be where it is now. As for BT, without them this country might have been in a far better situation as far as internet access goes. Now there's a company that should have an anti-competitive trust filed against them!

O

Ono

When BT have a virtual monopoly on the telephone network I had no choice but to go back to them.

I was with Localtel (using BT line of course) and they were shites beyond belief because when anything went wrong they had to refer it back to BT.

At the same time I had a C&W cable line. But this was totally F:(KED up coz the line was noisy and gave me connection speeds on my 56k of less than 35kps.

When BT announced their ADSL (oooohhh... back in 1902 If I remember the year) I changed back.

What seems like decades later and I still have had no contact from Openworld regarding my installation date.

BT were trying their darnest to protect their HH and ISDN products and deliberately dragged their feet on the ADSL thing and that's it!

Anyone remember their lame excuses about the slow rollout?
- not enough trialists??!!
- gonna take care of the ethernet peeps first
- petrol crisis
- the moon is not in line with Saturn.....etc

I suppose we are more pissed off than Joe Public coz Joe Public isn't waiting to get on level terms with those LPBs.

Me? I spend approx £80 a month on dialup charges so it would mean a big saving.

O

Ono

Oh yeah, and I agree,

LEAVE MICROSOFT ALONE.

cc. Bill Gates (not poor at all Bill)

:)

S

stu

Ono, read what you've just said. You tried another providor (C&W) and they gave you worse service than BT. Yet you go back to BT, and are complaining about them? Why not complain about how poor C&W's service is?

O

Ono

Originally posted by Ono
When BT have a virtual monopoly on the telephone network I had no choice but to go back.

C&W are not a monopoly.
They are shites, but not a monopoly.

If there were a viable alternative to BT I would not bitch about them, I would have gone elsewhere.:(

Just like London "F:(UCKED UP" Underground......No Choice.

Anyway, my main beef is the snails pace roll out of ADSL.-MOFOs.

E

Embattle

Originally posted by Ono
Anyway, my main beef is the snails pace roll out of ADSL

Better than rolling it out early and see it all go wrong :)

O

old.[20FTS]Luap

Like Jools I have experience of BT in a lot of different levels. They suck big but then big companies do that. It goes with the flow. As other telco's get bigger they will get suckier. Trading standards and the office of fair trading would prolly love to dig into BT and bite them but they won't because the BT laywers are overpaid and plentyfull. ( 1 L or 2 L's in plentyful?)

S

stu

Originally posted by Ono
If there were a viable alternative to BT I would not bitch about them, I would have gone elsewhere.:(
[/B]

My point is, why aren't they a viable alternative? C&W have given you WORSE service than BT... and yet you are bitching about BT?

There is an alternative to the London Underground. Buses. But they are shite. Yet, people still whine about the Underground. Go figure.

O

old.TUG

Stop moaning Stu ;)

I must be the only peep who never had any trouble when I was on BT... I only went to WOL for the 24/7 access for a nice price and the service itself is great. Just an arse that BT haven't introduced this FRIACO shit yet so I am pissed @ BT for that cuz it means I lose out on a nice service cuz I neeeeeeeeeed to save money so shall have to find yet another cheap 24/7 ISP :(

S

stu

TUG maybe you should actually read what I write... I'm not the one moaning about how "BT are wankers", quite the opposite

E

Embattle

Cheap and Good service is not something that go hand in hand. The only ISP I every used that was both, Ezesurf, ended up going out of business because they managed to not realise that they weren't paying for the 0800 number they provided :rolleyes:

I've never really had any problems with BT, I've always been able to make a phone call which is what BT originally took on when it went from the public sector to the private sector.

O

old.TUG

Stu my friend, I was just having a little joke with you there, as in stop moaning at everyone for moaning about BT. Hence, the little wink smily... but nevermind m8, maybe you should pay more attention to what I write myself before you tell me to re-read what you wrote.

O

old.ignus

You're getting quite a few replies for this matey, all these replies are well and good but where's it getting you, the world is shite face it look at the petrol price the price of playstation 2 we're buggered, face it!

S

Stazbumpa

Aaha, Hoff is finally posting. Nice one, although at least 2 of your posts contain "hmmmmmm" and thats it ;)
Only joking m8, good 2 see u on Barrysworld.

Ignus, yes we are buggered, we pay more than everybody else in the world for the same stuff and yes I can face it, although it pisses me off enormously.

However, you are ugly and your feet stink, so face that (I have proof).

PS: If anyone thinks I'm being too nasty to Ignus, I would like to point out that he lives down the road from me and I am going out with his sister, who is older and far better looking (and female). I reserve the right to hurl abuse at him upon these hallowed pages.
Thank you.

S

Stazbumpa

When are you going to post more than one sentence at a time?
Or is that all they taught you at school?

Luv and hugs

Staz
xxx

G

I wouldn't want to bet any money on BT not being taken over before long.

The BT board has fought tooth and nail to keep their revenues intact. Instead of bringing out innovative products and prices, they've spent all their energies trying to spoil other telcos attempts.

Oh, and with the reduction in their credit rating (due to £30billion debt), it's obvious that the 'market' doesn't think much of them either.

You have to hand it to them though, for being the only world class telco not to have increased it's revenues in the last 2 years. Step forward Sir Peter, here is your gold medal for, almost single-handedly, snatching defeat from the jaws of victory.

O

old.ignus

You know I could always tell them about how my sisiter does give you sex as often as you like. But that would be nasty. And by the way 4 miles ain't down the road. How did the sun castle go anyway?

S

Stazbumpa

Does or doesn't?????

The Suncastle was the bollox, in fact I'm absoluterly wankered as i rite this. Much beer was consumed and I played the dogs cogs ofa set. :)

I luv u guys.

Nah, screw u guys.

(this has nothing to do with the BT are wankers debate so I apologuse profulsly) :) :)

O

Ono

What really pisses me off about BT is the fact that I signed up for the BTOpenworld ADSL in May and was told that I was near enough to the exchange.

Now I go to their site and they tell me the exchange is not yet enabled. WTF is it with BT?!

They led people to believe that preordering would mean that it was going to be installed in July, then September and now it looks like sometime next year!!

Dickheads one and all. :mad::mad::mad:

O

Ono

THIS IS FUNNY. :eek:

Note the above rant.

Guess what?

That's right, BT emailed me today to ask me to set an installation date for my ADSL!

Friday 27th October!

Unbelievable!

What I can confirm to anyone else waiting is this:

Netmeeting is not supported.
Game port is open (thank God)
IP address is NOT STATIC and changes everytime you log off.

They will need a Credit card for payments (no direct debits)

Their Openworld website is rarely updated. :p

If you are waiting please call: 0800 169 8639 to chase them up or 0845 600 7020 for any technical questions.

E

Embattle

Well for some one who seems to hate BT you still seem to be getting ADSL :rolleyes:

O

Ono

I was always gonna get ADSL.

What pissed me off was the length of time it took for them to roll it out and the excuses they gave.

One of the reasons that they delayed the UK rollout was because they wanted to extend the shelf life of their HH and ISDN domestic products.

£40 a month for unmetered access at 5 times the speed of dual ISDN! Who the f:)ck is gonna buy that now?!

Holland, Germany, Belgium and France are way ahead of the UK on xDSL rollout. It's about time the UK got in on the act too.

Anyhows, now that its coming I'm a happy bunny.

:):):)

E

Embattle

Well ISDN is cheaper as a matter of fact, and I only got it recently because I didn't want to wait and also because of cost and the problems its gonna have in its first year of service.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom