BSE again

mr.Blacky

Can't get enough of FH
Now this takes me back into time again, first case of BSE in the USA and the agriculter minister is going to feed her family beef on christmas, am I the only one that remembers this hapening in the UK to?

oh first non thread about the change :p

Zephirus

Fledgling Freddie
I think it was churchill who once said, "You can always rely on americans to do the right thing, but only after they've tried everything else first"

Only thing you can do is buy nice safe british beef and see what happens stateside :p

dysfunction

FH is my second home
I quite amazed at this really. I would have thought the Americans would have fed their cattle proper vege food unlike the Brits did....

Will

/bin/su
The UK won't import their beef anyway, since they dose the cows up on steroids to increase muscle mass. So nothing really to worry about for us.

SawTooTH

Can't get enough of FH
Nice to see we are the world experts in diagnosing it too (what a surprise).
I wonder just how widespread it is or whether its just a spontaneous isolated case (which it may be). What countries does that leave now?

Wazzerphuk

FH is my second home
ONE cow has it.

ONE, in the WHOLE of the US.

Why is this even making the news? It's totally irellevant and serves no purpose but to cause a scare and harm the farming economy.

Embattle

FH is my second home
Well I imagine they fear thats its not just one cow and that some may of already been slaughtered before showing proper signs etc....irc it can take up to 8 years for BSE to show.

D

Deadmanwalking

HAH, All those dumb meat eating fools!

Veges will one day rule this world.... or something.

Ch3tan

I aer teh win!!
Its the carrots who will rule the world, you veges are just their pawns!

Tsjiep

Loyal Freddie
So there were these two cows, chatting over the fence between their fields.
The first cow said, "I tell you, this mad-cow-disease is really pretty
scary. They say it is spreading fast; I heard it hit some cows down on
the Johnson Farm."

The other cow replies, "Hell, I ain't worried, it don't affect us ducks."

... i'll shut up now

Doh_boy

Part of the furniture
The problem is that most people "in the know" in the U.S think that not enough cows are tested.

But one thing to think about, most american cows that are bred for meat are given quality feed. This cow was a dairy cow and dairy cows are given lower quality feed.

Ele

Fledgling Freddie
Swift^ said:
ONE cow has it.

ONE, in the WHOLE of the US.

Why is this even making the news? It's totally irellevant and serves no purpose but to cause a scare and harm the farming economy.

This I agree with to a point..if it weren't for the media frenzy when the occasional thing like this happens the world would be a much more relaxed place and business on a whole would be safer....but...at least it is giving people a choice as to whether thay want to carry on beef consumption knowing there may be a remote risk of contamination.

I myself will not stop eating beef, but have always been a bit of a mad cow anyway tbh.

D

Deadmanwalking

I still say you are all gonna die. Vegetarians will prevail.

Ele

Fledgling Freddie
Deadmanwalking said:
I still say you are all gonna die. Vegetarians will prevail.

So when there was a health scare about eggs a few years back what did you do?

D

Deadmanwalking

Ele said:
So when there was a health scare about eggs a few years back what did you do?

Still ate them... just free range and i made sure they were cooked.

But your logic is flawed.. as meat eaters eat everything veges eat and meat.

leggy

Probably Scottish
It doesn't matter that you are a vegetarian. You are still going to hell.

You only do it to appease your guilt.

D

Deadmanwalking

leggy said:
It doesn't matter that you are a vegetarian. You are still going to hell.

You only do it to appease your guilt.

At least my hell won't be full of little cute lambs and pigs.

.. hang on a minute

Tom

I am a FH squatter
Considering the number of field mice and other life killed during crop cultivation, I'd say that most veggies are responsible for more bloodshed than they can possibly imagine. At least I can see it on a plate in front of me :)

Embattle

FH is my second home
Who turned this into a meat eaters vs veggies fight......I know what group will last longer in a nuclear winter since once all the vegetables are gone the meat eaters can just eat the vegetarians :)

Tom

I am a FH squatter
Yeah, they could use them as toothpicks most of them have so little meat on their bones anyway :)

D

Deadmanwalking

Tom said:
Considering the number of field mice and other life killed during crop cultivation, I'd say that most veggies are responsible for more bloodshed than they can possibly imagine. At least I can see it on a plate in front of me :)

And meat eaters NEVER eat vegetables?

Only ever meat? Nice

Embattle

FH is my second home
No, no...I wouldn't gas you lot at all, perhaps grass you to death....my comment was here comes the usual lovers tiff between you and Tom :p

D

Deadmanwalking

Embattle said:
No, no...I wouldn't gas you lot at all, perhaps grass you to death....my comment was here comes the usual lovers tiff between you and Tom :p

Not really a tiff to be fair.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom