BSE again

Tom

I am a FH squatter
Hey I don't have a problem with vegetarianism, but when they're driving to work in a crappy old 2CV, wearing clothes made in a sweatshop somewhere, and leaving their dishwashers to do the cleaning, while they spray themselves with perfume.........

D

Deadmanwalking

Tom said:
Hey I don't have a problem with vegetarianism, but when they're driving to work in a crappy old 2CV, wearing clothes made in a sweatshop somewhere, and leaving their dishwashers to do the cleaning, while they spray themselves with perfume.........

Nice generalisation there.

Someone doesn't eat meat so they must be contradictive hippy assholes?

Shovel

Can't get enough of FH
Arrrrrgh! Just leave it in the Christmas dinner thread, please? You realise that with two threads, Vegetarianism will now be the most commonly discussed topic in the new Freddyshouse?

... actually, that doesn't sound too bad bearing in mind much of the subject matter this community covers. Carry on... ;)

Allow me to simplify my view on it all: Everyone makes their own choice, or dies trying.
- I'm fairly sure that those spinach pancakes wont kill me though, so once I get my mega sized frying pan back to Manchester, that's happening.

dysfunction

FH is my second home
Ele said:
So when there was a health scare about eggs a few years back what did you do?

I still ate eggs. I ate meat in the mad cow scare as well.

The adrenalin rush of living life on the edge is fantatsic

Furr

Can't get enough of FH
steak.jpg

Tom

I am a FH squatter
dysfunction said:
I still ate eggs. I ate meat in the mad cow scare as well.

The adrenalin rush of living life on the edge is fantatsic

hehe lol

That steak looks lovely.

Ele

Fledgling Freddie
Deadmanwalking said:
Still ate them... just free range and i made sure they were cooked.

But your logic is flawed.. as meat eaters eat everything veges eat and meat.

Not necessarily, as some meat eaters have allergies to dairy products and eggs..I have family who can't eat eggs without breaking into a rash, but eat meat products without any problems.

D

Deadmanwalking

Ele said:
Not necessarily, as some meat eaters have allergies to dairy products and eggs..I have family who can't eat eggs without breaking into a rash, but eat meat products without any problems.

Veges are just as likely to have those allergies to surely?

And meat eaters also need to eat vegetables for at least a semi healthy diet.

Ele

Fledgling Freddie
Deadmanwalking said:
Veges are just as likely to have those allergies to surely?

And meat eaters also need to eat vegetables for at least a semi healthy diet.

Eggs/Dairy products aren't vegetables though, and surely any vegetarian not able to eat dairy products due to an allergy is technically classed a Vegan, but tbh I haven't met many people with allergies against vegetable products except wheat/gluten.

Ch3tan

I aer teh win!!
Talk about blinkered (no offense). Just accept that people make their own choices and move on from this pedantic and ignorant arguing.

Wazzerphuk

FH is my second home
Ch3tan said:
Talk about blinkered (no offense). Just accept that people make their own choices and move on from this pedantic and ignorant arguing.

Yes, but some people are making clearly WRONG choices - thinking it's the "right" thing in their head - and going against the complex co-dependence the whole of this world depends on.

Jupitus

Old and short, no wonder I'm grumpy!
Staff member
FH Subscriber
Swift^ said:
Yes, but some people are making clearly WRONG choices - thinking it's the "right" thing in their head - and going against the complex co-dependence the whole of this world depends on.

... all part of 'discussion' and 'viewpoints'. Get over it :)

Jupitus

Old and short, no wonder I'm grumpy!
Staff member
FH Subscriber
Swift^ said:
No - part of nature and the way it works.

In your opinion....

Wazzerphuk

FH is my second home
Jupitus said:
In your opinion....

You're not understanding my point - it's not an opinion, it is well known fact that nature is one delicate balance of life, with co-dependence on practically every level.

Ele

Fledgling Freddie
Ch3tan said:

Wouldn't call it arguing tbh..heated discussion maybe...clearly some people are very passionate about what they believe in and there is nothing wrong with airing those opinions in public so long as people are treated equally and without prejudice.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom